+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts.....

Puppy Ringgold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the roughRinggold Dawg is a jewel in the rough

LaTech A few thoughts.....

I posted on here for the first time yesterday. As the high school coach of one former and one current Lady Techster and an alumnus I just wanted to share my thoughts. Now, after watching the presser some more things come to mind

1. Mickie DeMoss, enough said!
    2. Leon and Pat, refer to #1
    3. He will recruit big time players I am convinced of this! Thats all he knows!
    4. I always knew Pat had great respect for us. Tyler reinforced that today! She recruited, coached and worked to beat us!
    5. Womens budget has a chance to get a major bump in donations! He is connected!!!!! Refer back to #3
    6. We can rebuild this thing! Carolina struggled after Dean, UCLA after Wooden and Bama football after the Bear! They all recovered because of one thing : Tradition and the pride to uphold it! Summitt has the understanding of that!
    7. He remembers coming here as a child when 7-8000 strong were in the TAC! It left an impression!
    8. No more risk taken here than if we would have hired a big time assistant or some 30 something that had won games a few yrs at some Mid major! LaTech is not a Mid major womens program, it is top tier and Summit is as close to getting that mentality as we could get!
    9. The hire is done, so if you must damn it then throw away your allegiance to Tech and damn it to your hearts content! Me for one would rather see 8000 packed in the TAC not as the result of some promotion but because UCONN is in town and our girls are DAMN good!

Thanks for listening and Go Tech!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A few thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ringgold Dawg View Post
    I posted on here for the first time yesterday. As the high school coach of one former and one current Lady Techster and an alumnus I just wanted to share my thoughts. Now, after watching the presser some more things come to mind

4. I always knew Pat had great respect for us. Tyler reinforced that today! She recruited, coached and worked to beat us!
    5. Womens budget has a chance to get a major bump in donations! He is connected!!!!! Refer back to #3
    6. We can rebuild this thing! Carolina struggled after Dean, UCLA after Wooden and Bama football after the Bear! They all recovered because of one thing : Tradition and the pride to uphold it! Summitt has the understanding of that!
    7. He remembers coming here as a child when 7-8000 strong were in the TAC! It left an impression!
    8. No more risk taken here than if we would have hired a big time assistant or some 30 something that had won games a few yrs at some Mid major! LaTech is not a Mid major womens program, it is top tier and Summit is as close to getting that mentality as we could get!
    9. The hire is done, so if you must damn it then throw away your allegiance to Tech and damn it to your hearts content! Me for one would rather see 8000 packed in the TAC not as the result of some promotion but because UCONN is in town and our girls are DAMN good!

Great post!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ringgold Dawg again.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ringgold Dawg View Post

I agree that we can rebuild, and Summit might have what it takes to do the job. We will see.

The hiring of Mickie DeMoss is a very good hire, and it reminds me of something: When our program started, Sonja Hogg was the head coach, but her associate (some guy named Barmore) was the real engine of the program. This was proven when Hogg moved on to Baylor and fizzled while our program continued to grow. So, even if Summit struggles, having Mickie will be a tremendous help.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I agree that we can rebuild, and Summit might have what it takes to do the job. We will see.

The hiring of Mickie DeMoss is a very good hire, and it reminds me of something: When our program started, Sonja Hogg was the head coach, but her associate (some guy named Barmore) was the real engine of the program. This was proven when Hogg moved on to Baylor and fizzled while our program continued to grow. So, even if Summit struggles, having Mickie will be a tremendous help.
    Sonja left and got out of the business. She, then, coached HS basketball and eventually was hired at Baylor. Never had success after here. Leon was always the "engine" of the program, but together they were dynamic. She knew how to recruit, especially back then. She added the flash factor and Leon added the on the court coaching. I respect her still to this day. She always knew what her role was with the team. She was there today for the press conference, by the way - along with Leon and Pat.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Sonja left and got out of the business. She, then, coached HS basketball and eventually was hired at Baylor. Never had success after here. Leon was always the "engine" of the program, but together they were dynamic. She knew how to recruit, especially back then. She added the flash factor and Leon added the on the court coaching. I respect her still to this day. She always knew what her role was with the team. She was there today for the press conference, by the way - along with Leon and Pat.
    That's awesome.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

She was there today for the press conference, by the way - along with Leon and Pat.
    Summitt mentioned her along with Leon at one point if I heard correctly.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

So why did Mickie leave Kentucky and why has she not gotten another HC'ing job since?? I'm thrilled that she's here and will be interesting to see how they work together.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    Summitt mentioned her along with Leon at one point if I heard correctly.
    Yep, he did!

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    So why did Mickie leave Kentucky and why has she not gotten another HC'ing job since?? I'm thrilled that she's here and will be interesting to see how they work together.
    She doesn't like being a Head Coach. She has stated that over and over, but I guess decided to try Kentucky for a while. She has been coaching in the WNBA since then.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

She resigned because she didn't like being a head coach. She prefers being an assistant.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wow... ok. I guess if he swung her name in the interview, I can see why they hired him.

Wow... ok. I guess if he swung her name in the interview, I can see why they hired him.
    If you watched the press conference, he is nothing but impressive all by himself. I think we landed a gem and it is nice to know that he stalled on other offers when he heard Louisiana Tech. He remembers the rivalry and seems to know how to get us back. I have a lot of faith that he can do it. Only time will tell, but I think we hit gold.

Oh, Mr. Optomism.....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

If you watched the press conference, he is nothing but impressive all by himself. I think we landed a gem and it is nice to know that he stalled on other offers when he heard Louisiana Tech. He remembers the rivalry and seems to know how to get us back. I have a lot of faith that he can do it. Only time will tell, but I think we hit gold.
    I have to agree with Doc on this one champ....You are the most optimistic son of a gun I've ever seen. Nothing fazes you. You and your team could be falling into the depths of hell and you'd still be celebrating the fact that you have warm weather.

+ Reply to Thread