+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts.....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A few thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I have to agree with Doc on this one champ....You are the most optimistic son of a gun I've ever seen. Nothing fazes you. You and your team could be falling into the depths of hell and you'd still be celebrating the fact that you have warm weather.
    It is true........ Lived my adult life this way and it works for me.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    So why did Mickie leave Kentucky and why has she not gotten another HC'ing job since?? I'm thrilled that she's here and will be interesting to see how they work together.
    She probably has lots of experience being his 'baby sitter' so it just makes sense that she comes along!!!!! I am glad Mikki is back in Ruston, but not so sure about hiring a 23 year old???? Like a buddy of mine said, that's what 31 yr old AD's do, I guess!

I just hope it works out for everybody!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I have to agree with Doc on this one champ....You are the most optimistic son of a gun I've ever seen. Nothing fazes you. You and your team could be falling into the depths of hell and you'd still be celebrating the fact that you have warm weather.
    LOL - champ110 no doubt is a classy Tech fan...the most optimistic person that I have never met
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    LOL - champ110 no doubt is a classy Tech fan...the most optimistic person that I have never met
    Yep. I really appreciate his optimism on here. As we all know, there are too many times that its a LOT OF WORK to be a Tech fan. Y'all know what I'm saying...

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It is true........ Lived my adult life this way and it works for me.
    You were like that as a kid, too! Sure better than being Negative Nancy all the time.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I liked the press conference and I like him. But I also liked Holtz press conference and think he is a good guy as well . . .

I do like the hire though.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I'm impressed! He is very mature for being 23.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Ringgold Dawg View Post
    I posted on here for the first time yesterday. As the high school coach of one former and one current Lady Techster and an alumnus I just wanted to share my thoughts. Now, after watching the presser some more things come to mind

1. Mickie DeMoss, enough said!
    2. Leon and Pat, refer to #1
    3. He will recruit big time players I am convinced of this! Thats all he knows!
    4. I always knew Pat had great respect for us. Tyler reinforced that today! She recruited, coached and worked to beat us!
    5. Womens budget has a chance to get a major bump in donations! He is connected!!!!! Refer back to #3
    6. We can rebuild this thing! Carolina struggled after Dean, UCLA after Wooden and Bama football after the Bear! They all recovered because of one thing : Tradition and the pride to uphold it! Summitt has the understanding of that!
    7. He remembers coming here as a child when 7-8000 strong were in the TAC! It left an impression!
    8. No more risk taken here than if we would have hired a big time assistant or some 30 something that had won games a few yrs at some Mid major! LaTech is not a Mid major womens program, it is top tier and Summit is as close to getting that mentality as we could get!
    9. The hire is done, so if you must damn it then throw away your allegiance to Tech and damn it to your hearts content! Me for one would rather see 8000 packed in the TAC not as the result of some promotion but because UCONN is in town and our girls are DAMN good!

Thanks for listening and Go Tech!
    Excellent points. This all makes me want to watch the Lady Techsters again.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    Excellent points. This all makes me want to watch the Lady Techsters again.
    Me too!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If you watched the press conference, he is nothing but impressive all by himself. I think we landed a gem and it is nice to know that he stalled on other offers when he heard Louisiana Tech. He remembers the rivalry and seems to know how to get us back. I have a lot of faith that he can do it. Only time will tell, but I think we hit gold.

Think we definitely hit a homerun on this one. When we fired Spoon I wasn't expecting us to get somebody who I thought could recruit and build a winning program. He has me changing my mind. He's not got a lot of experience, but the reward is gigantic. I don't see much downside!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    You were like that as a kid, too! Sure better than being Negative Nancy all the time.
    So true....... My favorite cousin that was more like a sister knows me very well.

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Think we definitely hit a homerun on this one. When we fired Spoon I wasn't expecting us to get somebody who I thought could recruit and build a winning program. He has me changing my mind. He's not got a lot of experience, but the reward is gigantic. I don't see much downside!
    Totally agree! He is totally impressive!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I liked the press conference and I like him. But I also liked Holtz press conference and think he is a good guy as well . . .

I do like the hire though.
    At least The Kid was still gainfully employed when we hired him...

There is something to that!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    At least The Kid was still gainfully employed when we hired him...

There is something to that!
    Dang good point......

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ringgold Dawg View Post
    I posted on here for the first time yesterday. As the high school coach of one former and one current Lady Techster and an alumnus I just wanted to share my thoughts. Now, after watching the presser some more things come to mind

1. Mickie DeMoss, enough said!
    2. Leon and Pat, refer to #1
    3. He will recruit big time players I am convinced of this! Thats all he knows!
    4. I always knew Pat had great respect for us. Tyler reinforced that today! She recruited, coached and worked to beat us!
    5. Womens budget has a chance to get a major bump in donations! He is connected!!!!! Refer back to #3
    6. We can rebuild this thing! Carolina struggled after Dean, UCLA after Wooden and Bama football after the Bear! They all recovered because of one thing : Tradition and the pride to uphold it! Summitt has the understanding of that!
    7. He remembers coming here as a child when 7-8000 strong were in the TAC! It left an impression!
    8. No more risk taken here than if we would have hired a big time assistant or some 30 something that had won games a few yrs at some Mid major! LaTech is not a Mid major womens program, it is top tier and Summit is as close to getting that mentality as we could get!
    9. The hire is done, so if you must damn it then throw away your allegiance to Tech and damn it to your hearts content! Me for one would rather see 8000 packed in the TAC not as the result of some promotion but because UCONN is in town and our girls are DAMN good!

Thanks for listening and Go Tech!
    You gave me chills with your post. I can't believe work kept me going for so long, but hope to have a regular present...even if I post a few time a month. I'm glad McClelland took a "risk" with this hire and with in a direction that no one probably though he would go in.

+ Reply to Thread