+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts.....

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: A few thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    You gave me chills with your post. I can't believe work kept me going for so long, but hope to have a regular present...even if I post a few time a month. I'm glad McClelland took a "risk" with this hire and with in a direction that no one probably though he would go in.
    Well Hello, our friend... havn't herd from you in some time.. glad to see you posting on the forum once again!Ruston and the Tech nation are all pumped over the new hire!
    Even I am excited to se how our new Women's BBall coach will do!
    Be sure to drop in and let us know your doing well my friend!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

In another 5 years we're gonna have 5,000 people telling us they were AT the press conference. This week was that epic.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    In another 5 years we're gonna have 5,000 people telling us they were AT the press conference. This week was that epic.
    Hey, I was there! Through my computer!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Hey, I was there! Through my computer!
    Same here....

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

anxious to see who coach Summit will complete his coaching staff with and what Techsters will be on the roster come Nov.!

Puppy BDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her gameBDAWGS04 is on top of his/her game

I am really excited about the hire! It sounds like the people that are against or dislike the hire, only have one reason....his age. I think it is hard to compare him to some other 23 year-old kid. The guy eats, sleeps, and breaths basketball. He has been around it his entire life. We did not pick him up at a local high-school, or at some AAU tournament. He was a legitimate assistant coach with a D1 program. I believe he deserves his shot and I am glad it is with us. If he does not work out, we took a risk. T-spoon, as much as I love her, was not cutting it. Just look over the last three seasons. I am glad we cut ties and have moved one. If not, I might start comparing her to another coach we have that we string along for no reason... Baseball anyone? I can't wait to come to the TAC and watch our Techsters play with a packed crowd. Let's bring back the tradition.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

I can't believe you said that about a 23-yr old, unproven women's basketball coach. Those kind of words are usually reserved for more accomplished leaders.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't believe you said that about a 23-yr old, unproven women's basketball coach. Those kind of words are usually reserved for more accomplished leaders.
    Like our new associate head coach?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

HD, like you I was shocked we had hired a 23 year old. But after learning as much about him as I could from the web, etc., he has been preparing for this all his life. Watching game film with his mother from age 10. He walked on at Tenn., not to make it to the NBA, but to learn to be a coach. He is a complete student of the game. If this was a stand alone deal I wold say it's going to take him a while to be completly ready. But with Micki, Pat Summitt's top assistant in the deal, I think we will be much improved very quickly.

Finally, I think there as 32 year old assistants out there that are not as prepared as this kid. Yea, I said KID. That's because I started watching Tech basketball when Mike Green was a freshman. Give him a little time and I think this will prove to be a great hire.

He has matured a lot since he first picked up a basketball.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

He has matured a lot since he first picked up a basketball.
    Get him in touch with TMac, he might land a job.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Get him in touch with TMac, he might land a job.
    He already has! That's really him.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I guess we'll find out in 5 years . . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

He already has! That's really him.

I will just say that this is NO ordinary 23 year old. You could easily put him in the prodigy category from everything that I have read. Plus (like every extraordinary) coach, he knows how to surround himself with people that will make him successful. Best hire we could have made - hands down..

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

I will just say that this is NO ordinary 23 year old. You could easily put him in the prodigy category from everything that I have read. Plus (like every extraordinary) coach, he knows how to surround himself with people that will make him successful. Best hire we could have made - hands down..
    To add to that, his social and communication skills are outstanding. That is rare in 23-year-olds and many times is not present in individuals who are extremely intelligent.

+ Reply to Thread