View Poll Results: So what level would you be happy with the Lady Techsters returning to?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • competing for the conference championship every year

10 9.52%
  • regularly getting into the NCAA tournament

30 28.57%
  • winning NCAA tournament games on a frequent basis

18 17.14%
  • being a perennial top-25 team

30 28.57%
  • getting into Final Fours

3 2.86%
  • winning another national championship

14 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What level would you be happy with?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: What level would you be happy with?

It should be viewed in a 3 year window -

Next year - being competitive hard nosed team and having a winning season overall and playing .500 ball in conference would be dramatic improvement and avoiding the conference play in game

Year two - building off year one and have winning season overall and winning season and upper half finish in conference and possibly winning to the semi's in the conference tourney

Year three - legit chance for conference title and NCAA birth

That's how far this program is down

The Techsters played some awful awful teams in El Paso and they took us very lightly and that's why they won two ballgames - UTEP was decent but literally could not buy a bucket in the first half and that kept us in striking distance
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

And UTEP plays on...hosting the WNIT championship game vs Rutgers in a sold-out Don Haskins Center.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It should be viewed in a 3 year window -

Next year - being competitive hard nosed team and having a winning season overall and playing .500 ball in conference would be dramatic improvement and avoiding the conference play in game

Year two - building off year one and have winning season overall and winning season and upper half finish in conference and possibly winning to the semi's in the conference tourney

Year three - legit chance for conference title and NCAA birth

That's how far this program is down.
    I completely agree. I expect it will take three or four years to get a good look at where Summitt and DeMoss will be taking the program.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    According to The Times, Leon Barmore said this:

"We’re in a league where we finished 14th out of 16? Come on now. We’re in a C-USA conference we can definitely win and we can get back to the NCAA playoffs. I wouldn’t dare put pressure on Tyler and say we gotta be in the Final Four tomorrow. That may never happen again, but we can reach a level we would all be happy with."

So what level would you be happy with?
    Good post. I had to think about it. My thought process is if you're regularly getting to the NCAA tournament (option 2), hopefully you will win games in the NCAA tournament on frequent basis (option 3), I had a hard time picking...think I went with winning ncaa tournament games on a frequent basis but hope we get back to top 25 on an annual basis.
    Last edited by ESPNGuy; 04-03-2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: made mistake

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

G) All of the above.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I voted for a national championship. I can hear the echos from that 25 year run that we had getting louder and louder now. It's time for our program to wake up. Within 3 years we should be the premier basketball school in the state. Possibly 2 years.

Another thing that would make me happy would be higher attendance. I don't have the numbers but I'd like to see what the Techsters annual attendance was throughout the 90's. I don't think it's too much of a stretch for us to have 100,000 annual for both men and women within 3 years either.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I voted for a national championship. I can hear the echos from that 25 year run that we had getting louder and louder now. It's time for our program to wake up. Within 3 years we should be the premier basketball school in the state. Possibly 2 years.

Another thing that would make me happy would be higher attendance. I don't have the numbers but I'd like to see what the Techsters annual attendance was throughout the 90's. I don't think it's too much of a stretch for us to have 100,000 annual for both men and women within 3 years either.
    Believe me, it may take time but Tyler will be aiming for the very top. That is who he is.....

As for attendance, it will jump up some next year - then, if they are winning, it will continue to grow again. With more people attending, recruiting improves, and winning returns - it is a circle.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Build it, and they will come!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Believe me, it may take time but Tyler will be aiming for the very top. That is who he is.....

As for attendance, it will jump up some next year - then, if they are winning, it will continue to grow again. With more people attending, recruiting improves, and winning returns - it is a circle.
    I've already called to order my season tickets for next year. I think people will come to watch him build it...think that will totally be part of the attraction!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I've already called to order my season tickets for next year. I think people will come to watch him build it...think that will totally be part of the attraction!
    It would sure be fun to watch this process!

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Well, after 5 days of voting I can say the results are in -- 81.7% of us would like to see the Lady Techsters getting into the NCAA on a regular basis, winning some games there, and being ranked in the top 25.

Thinking about it, the three top selections are pretty close to each other. If we are regularly getting in, then I would expect us to win a game or two every now and then. And if that is happening, then it would be a surprise if we are in the top 25 on a frequent (but maybe not perennial) basis.

I make these statements because I think C-USA is a stronger basketball conference than we have been involved in the past. There were six teams that won 20 or more games this year, and UTEP went all the way to the NIT championship. If we are consistently winning the C-USA championship, it seems that would be a better case for us having a strong team than it was in the Sunbelt or WAC where we really had only one other team challenge us (Western Kentucky and Fresno State) on a consistent basis.

PS -- I am also glad to see there were more fans that voted for another National Championship than fans that voted for simply competing for the conference title every year.

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    Well, after 5 days of voting I can say the results are in -- 81.7% of us would like to see the Lady Techsters getting into the NCAA on a regular basis, winning some games there, and being ranked in the top 25.

Thinking about it, the three top selections are pretty close to each other. If we are regularly getting in, then I would expect us to win a game or two every now and then. And if that is happening, then it would be a surprise if we are in the top 25 on a frequent (but maybe not perennial) basis.

I make these statements because I think C-USA is a stronger basketball conference than we have been involved in the past. There were six teams that won 20 or more games this year, and UTEP went all the way to the NIT championship. If we are consistently winning the C-USA championship, it seems that would be a better case for us having a strong team than it was in the Sunbelt or WAC where we really had only one other team challenge us (Western Kentucky and Fresno State) on a consistent basis.

PS -- I am also glad to see there were more fans that voted for another National Championship than fans that voted for simply competing for the conference title every year.
    Like you say, I think some run together. If we win conference championships, we get in the NCAA's. If we get in the NCAA's, we hope we can win some. If we win some there, we should be top 25. If we are top 25, we have a chance at building toward National Championships again.

There is a flow up and I hope we can build it back and build it right.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I think Tyler (like Saban and other great coaches) would tell you that this is a process. We just need to get better everyday and see where that will take us. If we can do that, I think we'll all be happy.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think Tyler (like Saban and other great coaches) would tell you that this is a process. We just need to get better everyday and see where that will take us. If we can do that, I think we'll all be happy.
    I agree with this- and think most fans will as well.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Yea, one step at a time. Double time.

+ Reply to Thread