+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler at the Final Four Interview

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Tyler at the Final Four Interview

Great exposure, but man I'm sure he's getting tired of asking those exact same questions, interview after interview.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Great exposure, but man I'm sure he's getting tired of asking those exact same questions, interview after interview.
    Yeah, he is going to have to start winning and the questions will change - hopefully! It sounds like the one interviewing him watched the presser or went back and looked at it, though.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Not much is going to happen until the early signing period when it gets exciting. Guess we should get a couple of new assistants soon. Anxious to see who we get.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I like his message about building a "championship culture" at LA Tech.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I like his message about building a "championship culture" at LA Tech.
    I did too, because that is definitely what we are missing. I wish he would have stated "re-building", but that is minor. In the press conference, he talked about Sonja and Leon and the championship mentality (plus, the class of the program). Next time, I hope he adds in something about Leon, when asked about his Mom.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I did too, because that is definitely what we are missing. I wish he would have stated "re-building", but that is minor. In the press conference, he talked about Sonja and Leon and the championship mentality (plus, the class of the program). Next time, I hope he adds in something about Leon, when asked about his Mom.
    Talk is cheap, Champ110, but in this case it truly is the right message for LA Tech. I'm just surprised to hear the message come from a 23-yr old coach. I've never once heard Skip Holtz --or even Mike White-- talk about the need for developing a "championship culture" at LA Tech. It's the bonafide truth!!

On another thread, I was surprised to see that only 11% of our BB&B fans chose "winning a national championship" as one of the primary goals for our women's basketball program. Most of our very own fans chose much less loftier goals for our very own Lady Techsters. To me, that's a very sad testament to the current state of this program and its fans. Essentially, our fan base are so "beat down", that most prefer simply "competing for a CUSA championship" over actually winning a NC. .....Talk about a bunch of folks who that have lost perspective....WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    By the way.....there is a difference between "rebuilding" the team, and building a "championship culture" in the program. IMO, "rebuilding" implies starting over, and building something from the ground up. But programs with a certified "championship culture" rarely have to rebuild. Rather, most just reload. Their championship culture dictates that they never drop to the point of needing a total rebuild. That's the whole point.

By the way.....there is a difference between "rebuilding" the team, and building a "championship culture" in the program. IMO, "rebuilding" implies starting over, and building something from the ground up. But programs with a certified "championship culture" rarely have to rebuild. Rather, most just reload. Their championship culture dictates that they never drop to the point of needing a total rebuild. That's the whole point.
    Yeah, but we had it and DID drop it.......

I agree about the loftier goals. I think the question had more to do with what would it take for fans to be satisfied. If you look at one of my comments on that thread, I stated that Final Fours and National Championships should ALWAYS be the goal for every single program we have. If we don't have that goal, I don't get why we are playing.

Just backing up how much I agree with your statement.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Long long ago, in a land not so far away, I was the host for the Illinois State womens basketball team whan they came to Ruston for the Dial Classic. I remember talking to the team and asking them what their goals for the year were. Don't remember exactly what their response was, but I told them that Louisiana Tech expected to be National Champs every year. It was a mind set. That night, I was sitting in the stands with the team watching the other game. At halftime, Kay Konerza was introduced as a visiting recruit (don't think you can do that today). About 5,000 people gave her a standing ovation. The center for Illinois State lean over to me and said, "Who wouldn't want to come here to play."

Side note: I was also Kay's foster parent during her 4 years at Tech. Great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Long long ago, in a land not so far away, I was the host for the Illinois State womens basketball team whan they came to Ruston for the Dial Classic. I remember talking to the team and asking them what their goals for the year were. Don't remember exactly what their response was, but I told them that Louisiana Tech expected to be National Champs every year. It was a mind set. That night, I was sitting in the stands with the team watching the other game. At halftime, Kay Konerza was introduced as a visiting recruit (don't think you can do that today). About 5,000 people gave her a standing ovation. The center for Illinois State lean over to me and said, "Who wouldn't want to come here to play."

Side note: I was also Kay's foster parent during her 4 years at Tech. Great memories.
    Very interesting story. So where is Kay Konerza today? Where is she now, and what is she doing?

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

Very interesting story. So where is Kay Konerza today? Where is she now, and what is she doing?
    At one time a S.W.A.T. team member for the City of Fort Collins, Colo

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Talk is cheap, Champ110, but in this case it truly is the right message for LA Tech. I'm just surprised to hear the message come from a 23-yr old coach. I've never once heard Skip Holtz --or even Mike White-- talk about the need for developing a "championship culture" at LA Tech. It's the bonafide truth!!

On another thread, I was surprised to see that only 11% of our BB&B fans chose "winning a national championship" as one of the primary goals for our women's basketball program. Most of our very own fans chose much less loftier goals for our very own Lady Techsters. To me, that's a very sad testament to the current state of this program and its fans. Essentially, our fan base are so "beat down", that most prefer simply "competing for a CUSA championship" over actually winning a NC. .....Talk about a bunch of folks who that have lost perspective....WOW!
    Winning national championships ain't cheap. That's my concern. No one "prefers" not winning one. Dude, cmon man.

I'm sorry to say I lost track. Last I heard she was a police officer in Colorado Springs and then she got married, had a couple of kids and then............

Maybe someone else has kept track of past players. Leon would probably know.

Looks like she is living in Loveland, Co. Maybe someone can check facebook.

+ Reply to Thread