+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The draw of Coach White and these players

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

The draw of Coach White and these players

I hesitated starting a new thread, and was just going to include this at the end of a previous thread about Coach White, but...

My cousin just informed me of what "drew her in" to Tech basketball.

Her daughter plays Upward bball, and they did a ticket sale thing for a game in an attempt to get (1) tickets to a future game for the kids, (2) stand in the "high five line" before the game, (3) Tech players to come and do a bball clinic. Their group won. She mentions that -- when the guys came and did the clinic -- even though the guys were so much taller than the kids, they really got down on their level and taught the kids; then they did a dunk contest. The kids loved it, and the parents were impressed. She was so impressed that she decided to attend a few other games, and at the end of one of the games the players came and interacted with the kids and signed autographs. She said that the players were so loving and willing to take pics with the kids. She mentioned that Speedy impressed her the most.

My cousin really had no interest in basketball, and especially no interest in Tech bball, but she and her husband are going to be season ticket holders next season! Her words, "I LOVE Tech basketball!!" This says a lot to me about the quality of players and of Coach White, that my cousin would be so drawn in in such a short time!

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Re: The draw of Coach White and these players

Great story!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Speedy is blessed. I've watched him generate interest from people of every demographic. We need to promote him as national p.o.y......
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I think I may have posted this earlier, but am not sure.

Anyway, it is appropriate again.

The night of the FSU/Georgetown game two players stayed on the court for a solid hour, one on each end, playing with two different groups of kids. It was obvious that nobody made them do it. Several of the players were standing around when the game started, milled in and out and eventually left. But for the last hour only two remained; no other coaches, trainers or athletic department personel were looking over their shoulders, but those two remained obviously of their own accord.

You could tell that each of them genuinely wanted to be there and was enjoying interacting with the kids, and some big kid parents who were also hanging around.

Who were the two? Speedy and Big Mike.

I have watched these two young men for three years now. Each of them is as good a representative of our University as I have seen in the past 40+ years.
    They are not really unique for this group. It has been a team of fine young men that happen to also play a pretty decent brand of basketball. Coach White has been excellent at bringing in truly high character kids. A lot of time you hear the "coach speak" but it appears that he hasn't been blowing smoke about the character of his "kids".

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Speedy is blessed. I've watched him generate interest from people of every demographic. We need to promote him as national p.o.y......
    I am telling you, he should be the face of the University for the next year. Really charismatic kid who does deserve to be promoted as POY

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I am telling you, he should be the face of the University for the next year. Really charismatic kid who does deserve to be promoted as POY
    I agree. Speedy was the most exciting player I watched in the 2013-2014 season. Nobody else comes close.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Great to hear!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is awesome to hear these stories...... I have to believe that Coach White is responsible for finding the players and developing those players into fine young men. That is how you build a program the right way!

Oh..... And, Speedy IS the most exciting player in college basketball today!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Great story! There is a buzz all around about Bulldog Basketball. I'm stoked for next season!!

+ Reply to Thread