+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive scheme changes and new coordinator

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Offensive scheme changes and new coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    Nicely said. Cross your fingers for the QB from Iowa. If he can throw the ball to our guys, we might have a chance.
    It's a sad state of affairs when an unproven QB transfer is the only hope of decent offense.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when an unproven QB transfer is the only hope of decent offense.
    Dixon makes it decent. A stud QB would make it average (or better).... if the line can block.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg gone it View Post
    Until we get a QB and line that can run a spread offense I have no problem with switching to a more pro style offense. Our running backs are obviously our strongest asset so lets use them more. This could also open up the passing game with play actions or anything else since defenses will be looking for run first. I can understand people arguing about the change but the coaches are doing what coaches are suppose to do..change your offensive style to your strengths. I'd rather not have a repeat of our spread offense next year that barely runs out any clock and gives the opposing team more time to wear down our defense. Just find the offensive style that works best and use it! As long as we can win I don't care how flashy it happens
    We will not be successful with ANY offensive scheme w/o much better o-line and QB play. So meanwhile let's run a scheme that we did not recruit the player for and when we can't make the players fit the scheme we will blame it on the players. Holtz is brilliant.

Varsity Bulldog dawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nice dawg gone it's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    We will not be successful with ANY offensive scheme w/o much better o-line and QB play. So meanwhile let's run a scheme that we did not recruit the player for and when we can't make the players fit the scheme we will blame it on the players. Holtz is brilliant.
    to be fair, dykes did that with Dooley's recruits and it worked out great for us

Puppy RT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her gameRT is on top of his/her game

For a freshman, I thought Higgins played great against Kansas, Army, UTEP, and what little he played against UTSA. He did make a some poor choices against North Texas and Southern Miss. I don't understand why Scotty wasn't more successful. The OL and lack of WR separation hurt us all year.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    But the negativity is hurting ticket sales now. We haven't even played a snap yet and y'all are telling people to stay away. If you want ticket sales then tell them that last year was a rebuilding year and we are supposed to be much better this year. Hell, it may even be true! We don't know.
    Truth!!! We haven't played a game yet....and all the naysayers are acting like the season is already lost!!! Get a friggin grip!!! Good post T1.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    But the negativity is hurting ticket sales now. We haven't even played a snap yet and y'all are telling people to stay away. If you want ticket sales then tell them that last year was a rebuilding year and we are supposed to be much better this year. Hell, it may even be true! We don't know.
    CORRECTION: We DO know. You are the one that does NOT know. You obviously have no discernible skills when it comes to evaluating football coaches. That's your problem, not ours.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    And Patterson's staple is his defense, not offense.
    That is correct. Just further evidence that T1 is clueless when it comes to evaluating coaches and programs.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 04-10-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDAWGS04 View Post
    The reason we are even thinking of a change is simple....We do not have a QB, O-line, or WR who can win one-on-one match-ups! Everyone on here keeps saying spread it out and use your athletes to compete. Do you not remember last year? That is the problem. We do not have any athletes that can win one-on-one battles i.e. the reason that last year, teams stacked the box and played our WR's one on one. Every opponent knows our strength is the running game. What most of you are forgetting or not acknowledging is that we lost a lot of talent when Dykes left (QP anyone). Not to mention, Colby, who by far is the only QB that has played for us worth mentioning in the last 8 years. I cannot for the life of me figure out why we cannot recruit a QB who can throw a football. Champion, Bennett, Jenkins, Hackme (however you spell it), Ensgimer (head case), Isham, Scotty Young, and Higgins = Garbage! We don't have very good WRs either. Our offense was very dynamic a few years ago for a few reasons. 1. We had an O-line that did not have to result to chop blocking on every play. 2. QP caused major problems for opposing defenses. It opened up so much for our other WRs. 3. Opponents had to respect our passing so we had a ton of running room. Last year, was a rebuilding year. Don't get me wrong it was very frustrating and I personally do not agree with a lot of the coaching decisions that were made, but I also understand that we are limited with the solutions to our problems. I think the spread is the best offense for TECH and I would love to see the offense from a few years ago; however, we have to be realistic about the talent level we have. Unfortunately, I think Holtz's decisions are based off of how believes we are going to be successful. He should have a better grip on that, than any of us speculators on this board. I would pose one question for the board. If the spread is the only answer... tell me how you would improve our teams performance from last year? Pretty similar O-line, same QBs, same WRs, same RBs. The majority commented on how boring our offense was and lets be honest... it was horrible!, but be realistic guys... what has changed. I hope for the best. I believe we will start to see some progress, but we ultimately will win 4-5 games.
    Do you see the bolded sentence above? Well, THAT'S where you lost me, and I quit reading your post. When I saw that sentence, all I could hear was "it's Bush's fault"..... I'm really tired of everybody blaming the last guy.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first time i have really agreed with HCSH. If we don't have the QB to run the spread, run the damn ball. You don't need to get in the spread to run. This is a smart move, tell the OL its on there back to carry the O. If they respond, the passing game will improve also.

I hope they run the counter and stretch plays. Those are going big plays next year.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Not so fast on NSU! Clint Conquek is their new Head Football Coach and beating Tech would really make him very Happy!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Truth!!! We haven't played a game yet....and all the naysayers are acting like the season is already lost!!! Get a friggin grip!!! Good post T1.
    Amen!!

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    It appears that Holtz has taken over the offensive scheme and play calling. Gone are the days of fast pace, move-the-chains spread attack. Oh, well now we are reverting back to the Power-I. I wonder how long it will take for him to figure out we do not have Big 10 O-linemen. Can't wait to watch Holtz "new" brand of 3 downs and out with 2 running plays and 1 incomplete pass brand of offensive football. I predict Peterson is gone after this year.
    I guess Holtz knows he has to product this year so why not take control of your own destiny. However, the problem is not with Holtz the problem is that we hired him. He is too conservative for 21st century offensive football. Can't wait to watch our team score 13 pts. per game this year!

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...nkering-scheme
    Pick an identity and stick with it, for Heaven's sake. No wonder more decent recruits don't wanna go to Tech. They don't know what the hell they will be running from one year to the next. One of the reasons that Boise is a success from year to year has been no drastic changes in scheme.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What has me confused is why anything changed. Watch film, recruit those types of players and keep it going. If you have questions, Tony will answer them for a modest fee no matter where he is coaching. You don't have to be that smart to copy someone else.

Varsity Bulldog dawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nice dawg gone it's Avatar

The article says that they're still going to run a spread offense but just changing the offense style to "Multiple" instead of just "Spread". This is great news if you ask me. Opposing teams will now have more to prepare for and this gives our players the opportunity to find their strengths (run/pass subs). If the QBs are having a bad day throwing or the opposing team's defense is making plays in the secondary, switch to the running scheme instead of doing the same plays over and over again and vice versa. Don't see why people are mad when the coaches are obviously trying to change it up and find something that works, something that didn't happen hardly at all last year

+ Reply to Thread