+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Story - Tyler Summitt

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Great Story

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    This past weekend was a designated evaluation weekend by the NCAA. The coaches attended the Heart of Texas event in Frisco, Texas. This event dubbed #HOT is an annually event where are the big boys attend. Dawn Staley, Chris Dailey from UCONN, etc were also in attendance. A number of the kids at this event would be included in the 2015 recruiting class. As far as 2014 goes, the coaches have been actively recruiting the JUCO and transfer circuit to find help for the 2014-2015 season. Arkansas just picked up Katie Powell who had originally committed to TCU but decommitted when there was a coaching change. However, one of Arkansas' new assistant coaches was the at TCU and was recruiting Katie. Trinity Valley Junior College still has a 6'4 post player that is unsigned. I know that Coach Johnson has seen her play. I think if we are patient we will see 1-2 players added for next year's team.
    Thanks AC, now that makes a little more since!
    I don't follow them on any of the Social sites or privy to some of the information that is out there and appreciate the info you folks and other Techsters fans share on the board here!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Great Story - Tyler Summitt

Good information. Hope we can get one more big. I'm concerned that player signing this late may have issues.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Good information. Hope we can get one more big. I'm concerned that player signing this late may have issues.
    From everything Tyler has stated, I don't think he is going to take much of a risk on a player with issues.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I have faith in CTS.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I have faith in CTS.
    Please use the appropriate abbreviation according to the updated standards manual.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

You are welcome Mr. Gary. I am not sure about the name of the Big. I know that a number of schools have being recruiting Adut Bulgak from Trinity Valley. She is the 6'4 post that has yet to sign. I was reading a blog about them, I believe that 6 or 7 members of their roster will sign Division 1 offers. Schlonte Allen, the 5'9 guard from Arcadia signed with Texas A&M. She would have been an excellent addition. However, I have faith in the current coaching staff. From what I understand they left quite an impression on the most important group at the Heart of Texas event--the parents. Good things are ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Thanks for the information. That was helpful. I do know that we are looking mostly at JUCO's for the late signing period. Do you know the big that Spoon was excited about? Spoon mentioned her during an interview at the CUSA tournament, but not a name.

You are welcome Mr. Gary. I am not sure about the name of the Big. I know that a number of schools have being recruiting Adut Bulgak from Trinity Valley. She is the 6'4 post that has yet to sign. I was reading a blog about them, I believe that 6 or 7 members of their roster will sign Division 1 offers. Schlonte Allen, the 5'9 guard from Arcadia signed with Texas A&M. She would have been an excellent addition. However, I have faith in the current coaching staff. From what I understand they left quite an impression on the most important group at the Heart of Texas event--the parents. Good things are ahead
    Thanks! This time of the year is so frustrating. It is boring without football or bball, so we are all trying to gain any tidbit of information to feed our addiction. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    thanks! This time of the year is so frustrating. It is boring without football or bball, so we are all trying to gain any tidbit of information to feed our addiction. :icon_wink:
    this! 100%

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I have faith too, but how did they leave a positive impression on parents? It was not a contact period so if they spoke or made any contact with a parent we got bigger issues? Maybe I am missing something, but sitting in the stand does not make a positive impressive that anyone else is not making. In fact the layout was such that parents sat in an entire different area than coaches.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Maybe I was not getting all the info, but that is the way it was laid out to me.

I do expect two or three additions to the roster. I also expect a couple to be released. I think change is part of progress and I think in the next two years most of the roster will turn over. I do expect to see a higher level player brought in over the next couple of years.

Hopefully they know the rules.

Looks like Adut Bulgak is going to NC.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

The positive impression was conveyed to my by a couple of parents who were present. They did not speak with the coaching staff; however, the way Tyler carried himself was very obvious and apparent to those present. And we know that in recruiting sometimes you just go with you gut and so any little thing that stands out can make the difference. Candice Williams was one of our signees and it was posted on twitter today that she will be attending James Madison in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    I have faith too, but how did they leave a positive impression on parents? It was not a contact period so if they spoke or made any contact with a parent we got bigger issues? Maybe I am missing something, but sitting in the stand does not make a positive impressive that anyone else is not making. In fact the layout was such that parents sat in an entire different area than coaches.

The positive impression was conveyed to my by a couple of parents who were present. They did not speak with the coaching staff; however, the way Tyler carried himself was very obvious and apparent to those present. And we know that in recruiting sometimes you just go with you gut and so any little thing that stands out can make the difference. Candice Williams was one of our signees and it was posted on twitter today that she will be attending James Madison in the fall.
    I keep up with his FB posts and listened to his video Q&A the other day. He carries himself VERY well, has an unbelievable following, and is definitely a disciplined coach and demands that from his players. Reading between the lines on his Q&A, I agree that we might have some openings. I think he demands excellence every time you step on the court - just like his Mom and just like Leon did. Some will not be able to handle that, but the ones that do are the ones we need, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread