+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just LSU Being LSU....

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Re: Just LSU Being LSU....

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That's what I see because they are the only school that frequently makes the news here in North Louisiana for that kind of activity. That's not an opinion. That's fact.
    If you qualify the discussion to death -- "Well, I didn't mean nationally... I'm talking in Louisiana." -- then, yeah, end of thread.

And of course I didn't miss DGB because that was a huge national news story. But I couldn't care less about Mizzou because they don't affect Tech.
    I didn't know we were talking about what does / doesn't affect Tech. I thought we were talking about a former LSU player getting shot by another former LSU player and what that does / doesn't indicate about said program. Offering an example from another institution takes the discussion out of hyperbole land and tries to place it in objective reality.

If a thread about LSU is gonna offend you, then don't click on it.
    A thread begun by misrepresenting the facts and having little regard for a hospitalized victim offends me. A thread about LSU doesn't. A discussion / thread full of "opinions" portrayed as "facts" offends me. A thread of opinions portrayed as opinions and facts portrayed as facts, I can appreciate. Represent your opinions fairly and your facts accurately. Woof is the only poster that served any facts in this discussion. Everything else has just been obvious opinions and hyperbole, including my own; but I don't feel the need to represent them otherwise.

And I don't treat LSU any differently than I do ULL, ULM, or even Tulane pre-C-USA. Big brother or little sisters. Doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't mind if the earth opened up and swallowed all of them.
    Just root for Tech, and be confident in and of yourself and your university. I certainly am. I don't feel threatened by other institution's success, and I feel no need to glory in their failures or demise. I feel no need to mention either, really.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Sports Illustrated (national media)

Level of serious crime in college football is on the rise
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201.../crime.update/

Who is the face of the article? LSU.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

USA Today (national media)

Second LSU player in 2 weeks arrested on a battery charge

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...olmes/3331255/

NBC Sports (national media)

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...u-db-arrested/

Another freshman LSU DB arrested

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    CNN -- and other reports -- didn't "tie it" to LSU. They made the story nationally relevant by showing two men's former connections to LSU,
    "Connections" = "Ties" in most American vernacular. If I say 3 generations of my family are connected to, tied to, Louisiana Tech...you get what I mean, correct?

I'm beginning to smell the aroma of corndog.

How about a list of a few?

JEREMY HILL, RB, So. (April 27, 2013): simple battery, charges pending.
    JORDAN JEFFERSON, QB, Sr. (Aug. 26, 2011): second degree battery, pleaded guilty to simple battery, plays for Pittsburgh in Arena Football League.
    JOSH JOHNS, LB, Jr. (Aug. 26, 2011): second degree battery, charge dismissed.
    BRAD WING, P, Fr. (June 26, 2011): simple battery, undrafted free agent with Philadelphia Eagles.
    T-BOB HEBERT, C, Jr. (May 1, 2010): driving while intoxicated. Working in radio in Baton Rouge.
    TERRENCE TOLIVER, WR, Sr. (March 7, 2010): disturbing the peace, public intoxication and interfering with a police officer. Signed with the Houston Texans as undrafted free agent and spent time with Detroit Lions also.

LSU being LSU.

If you qualify the discussion to death -- "Well, I didn't mean nationally... I'm talking in Louisiana." -- then, yeah, end of thread.

I didn't know we were talking about what does / doesn't affect Tech. I thought we were talking about a former LSU player getting shot by another former LSU player and what that does / doesn't indicate about said program. Offering an example from another institution takes the discussion out of hyperbole land and tries to place it in objective reality.

A thread begun by misrepresenting the facts and having little regard for a hospitalized victim offends me. A thread about LSU doesn't. A discussion / thread full of "opinions" portrayed as "facts" offends me. A thread of opinions portrayed as opinions and facts portrayed as facts, I can appreciate. Represent your opinions fairly and your facts accurately. Woof is the only poster that served any facts in this discussion. Everything else has just been obvious opinions and hyperbole, including my own; but I don't feel the need to represent them otherwise.

Just root for Tech, and be confident in and of yourself and your university. I certainly am. I don't feel threatened by other institution's success, and I feel no need to glory in their failures or demise. I feel no need to mention either, really.
    YOU were the one who brought up Mizzou and DGB, not me.

This thread is about LSU being LSU. They have a longggg history with the law going all the way back to their Heisman winner who served years in prison. In the news in Shreveport, it seems like there is an LSU player getting in some kind of trouble all the time. I'm not making that up, and you can't disprove it because it's true. No other school gets that kind of press here, and it's not just here. Based on that Sports Illustrated article, it's part of LSU's (and the SEC's) national reputation.

I only root for Tech, but I am smart enough to know the the basic principles of competition. I'm not threatened by anybody, but what's good for our competition is not good for Tech. Our potential is directly correlated not only to us but our competition as well. It's that simple.

Another list of LSU being LSU... and somehow Honey Badger is not on this list.

http://www.redsticknow.com/lsu-football-player-arrests/

This list consists of those individuals arrested while they were currently on the LSU football team.
    Jeryl Brazil 10/18/2013 Simple Battery, Simple Criminal Damage to Property
    Tharold Sims 5/2/2013 Noise Violation, Threatening a Police Officer, Public Intimidation
    Jeremy Hill 4/27/2013 Simple Battery
    Jordan Jefferson 8/26/2011 2nd Degree Battery
    Josh Johns 8/26/2011 2nd Degree Battery
    Brad Wing 6/26/2011 Simple Battery
    T-Bob Hebert 5/2010 Driving While Intoxicated
    Terrence Toliver 3/7/2010 Disturbing the Peace by Public Intoxication, Interfering with Police
    Derrick Odom III 8/23/2007 Simple Criminal Damage to Property
    Ryan Perrilloux 5/2007
    Troy Giddens 4/30/2007 2nd Degree Battery
    Kyle Anderson 4/16/2007 2nd Degree Battery
    Zhamal Thomas 4/9/2007 Simple Burglary
    Troy Giddens 4/9/2007 Simple Burlgary, Identity Theft

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

How about a list of a few?

JEREMY HILL, RB, So. (April 27, 2013): simple battery, charges pending.
    JORDAN JEFFERSON, QB, Sr. (Aug. 26, 2011): second degree battery, pleaded guilty to simple battery, plays for Pittsburgh in Arena Football League.
    JOSH JOHNS, LB, Jr. (Aug. 26, 2011): second degree battery, charge dismissed.
    BRAD WING, P, Fr. (June 26, 2011): simple battery, undrafted free agent with Philadelphia Eagles.
    T-BOB HEBERT, C, Jr. (May 1, 2010): driving while intoxicated. Working in radio in Baton Rouge.
    TERRENCE TOLIVER, WR, Sr. (March 7, 2010): disturbing the peace, public intoxication and interfering with a police officer. Signed with the Houston Texans as undrafted free agent and spent time with Detroit Lions also.

LSU being LSU.
    This only proves (along with your many other posts and URLs) that LSU has had many incidences. What this doesn't prove is that LSU has more frequency of these incidences. And that's the talking point. Woof's post proves that they are among the least in the top 25 schools. That is fact. Where they rank among all Div-1, I don't know. I'm sure there's a link out there. But, as per Woof's post, they're 22nd out of the Sports Illustrated Top 25.

Bro, you can keep posting link after link of specific incidences. Good. Facts. But doesn't prove frequency compared to 300+ institutions. Post articles of 300+ institutions and their player incidences or a comparative chart or graph or something. Otherwise, nothing's proven, other than the fact that you really want to portray LSU athletics as the worst moral bunch around. Compared to Tech, you're right. Compared nationally, you're not.

Keep posting LSU links till your (Tech) blue in the face. Good night Dawg06.

This only proves (along with your many other posts and URLs) that LSU has had many incidences. What this doesn't prove is that LSU has more frequency of these incidences. And that's the talking point. Woof's post proves that they are among the least in the top 25 schools. That is fact. Where they rank among all Div-1, I don't know. I'm sure there's a link out there. But, as per Woof's post, they're 22nd out of the Sports Illustrated Top 25.

Bro, you can keep posting link after link of specific incidences. Good. Facts. But doesn't prove frequency compared to 300+ institutions. Post articles of 300+ institutions and their player incidences or a comparative chart or graph or something. Otherwise, nothing's proven, other than the fact that you really want to portray LSU athletics as the worst moral bunch around. Compared to Tech, you're right. Compared nationally, you're not.

Keep posting LSU links till your (Tech) blue in the face. Good night Dawg06.
    Woof's list only covered an unspecified 6-month period of players currently on rosters who had been arrested. It doesn't include players who were kicked off of the team. That doesn't prove anything.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I think recruiting thugs is just a precedent that has been set mostly by Miles. LSU fans have always bragged about getting the highly ranked recruits and if he's a 4 or 5 star, LSU is going to go after him and not even look at his character. Jeremy Hill is a perfect example. He rapes a 14 year old and LSU still gives him a scholarship. He hits a guy in the head hard enough last year to kill him and still stays on the team. Other thugs see this and know they can go to LSU and get away with it also. The fans don't care either because they want to win the recruiting battles so they can brag about all those 4 and 5 star recruits.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I think recruiting thugs is just a precedent that has been set mostly by Miles. LSU fans have always bragged about getting the highly ranked recruits and if he's a 4 or 5 star, LSU is going to go after him and not even look at his character. Jeremy Hill is a perfect example. He rapes a 14 year old and LSU still gives him a scholarship. He hits a guy in the head hard enough last year to kill him and still stays on the team. Other thugs see this and know they can go to LSU and get away with it also. The fans don't care either because they want to win the recruiting battles so they can brag about all those 4 and 5 star recruits.
    We recruited Josh Johns heavily.......I assume we offered some of the other ones as well. Glass houses people. And not a single one of us wouldn't take Miles right now as our coach, none!!!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We recruited Josh Johns heavily.......I assume we offered some of the other ones as well. Glass houses people. And not a single one of us wouldn't take Miles right now as our coach, none!!!
    Tech alumni or not, from what I know about Miles, I wouldn't got to a game if he was the Tech coach.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I wouldn't want Miles as a coach, because he has already shown that he can't coach and we know he recruits thugs and keeps them on the team even when they're guilty of attempted murder as in the case of Jefferson and Hill. You can die from being kicked in the head or being hit by the fist of a 230 pound football player when he sneaks up behind you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Miles sucks. Every year LSU is as stacked in raw talent as any school in the nation. Some years LSU has about a dozen (out of 22 starters) legit NFL-talented players on the field. And some others who are close. Miles doesn't win as much as the talent points to.

And besides, we all remember the 2002 Oklahoma State game when Coach Miles' bonehead coaching allowed us a chance to get back into the game. Thanks Les!

+ Reply to Thread