+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech's In Town (The Woodlands)

Varsity Bulldog dawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the rough dawgbytes's Avatar

Tech's In Town (The Woodlands)

Wife and I are attending the Tech's in Town event at Landry's in The Woodlands. Any one else attending?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Tech's In Town (The Woodlands)

We expect an update from you tomorrow evening.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I kept getting stuff in the mail about Tech coming to Houston, and I see that there are two events: one in Clear Lake and other in the Woodlands. I have to drive close to an hour to get to those places with no traffic. I wondered why they didn't have one in the city.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I kept getting stuff in the mail about Tech coming to Houston, and I see that there are two events: one in Clear Lake and other in the Woodlands. I have to drive close to an hour to get to those places with no traffic. I wondered why they didn't have one in the city.
    Call 'em and ask 'em.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Because last year the people in the woodlands and Clearlake had to drive an hour to get to the event on the west side of town.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Good gosh, our alumni are a bunch of asshats! Can't drive to The Woodlands from Houston, can't drive to NOLA from the Northshore!

How about "I will ever loyal be" and drive an hour to see my people!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Come on guys, I live in the loop, I am too cool to go outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Because last year the people in the woodlands and Clearlake had to drive an hour to get to the event on the west side of town.
    That's what they get for living in the boonies. Should just have it at some cool place downtown or midtown and those that live out can stay after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Good gosh, our alumni are a bunch of asshats! Can't drive to The Woodlands from Houston, can't drive to NOLA from the Northshore!

How about "I will ever loyal be" and drive an hour to see my people!
    Yeh yeh and back in your day you walked uphill both ways in the snow. We get it Clyde, you are so tough!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

That's what they get for living in the boonies. Should just have it at some cool place downtown or midtown and those that live out can stay after work.
    This events are for people that work outside of the loop, too. Clearlake is closer to all the industry and homes for those that work in the refineries/chem plants. The woodlands has jobs too. Not everyone works in the loop.

But so far these events, in new locations, are drawing new attendees, which is one of the goals. They will likely move these to different areas in the cities each year to reach as many alum as possible. Us diehards will probably still go to whichever event is closest. Great opportunity to have one on one discussions with the pres, AD, and HFBC.

Damn iPhone typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This events are for people that work outside of the loop, too. Clearlake is closer to all the industry and homes for those that work in the refineries/chem plants. The woodlands has jobs too. Not everyone works in the loop.
    Yeh, I am just bull crapping you Guiss. I understand it. Is two the most events they will do? Would a third just be diminishing return at that point?

Yeh, I am just bull crapping you Guiss. I understand it. Is two the most events they will do? Would a third just be diminishing return at that point?
    Not sure. They do quite a few of these. I think they are going to try to double up on Dallas, too, and then you have the Louisiana tour.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

I am very happy that this administration is trying to connect more with the Alumni that live outside of the Ruston-Shreveport-Bossier area. I also like the fact that they are scheduling 2 of these events for the Houston and Dallas areas, as well as one in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

+ Reply to Thread