+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blocking of the radio stations internet broadcast during Tech sporting events

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

Blocking of the radio stations internet broadcast during Tech sporting events

I am going to the Tech's in Town event in Clearlake Texas tonight. If they open the room up for questions like they did last year, I am planning on asking about the blocking of the internet broadcasts for the radio stations websites during tech sporting events.

There have been a couple of threads on this in the past and it seems like the consensus on the board is that we should charge for the video portion of All-Access but that the audio portion should be free or at least they should not block the radio station's internet broadcast during sporting events.
    Most schools that I know, including some D III schools offer their internet programming for free. While I understand the need to pay for the cost of doing the internet broadcast, especially video. I think it is very petty to have our radio partners stop their internet broadcast of tech events.

Here are the links to other threads where this has been discussed on the board in the past.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?122518-Hill-Oil-s-Inside-Bulldog-Football-Radio-quot-Network-quot&p=1376237&highlight=#post1376237

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?114158-LaTech-All-Access-Bdfanatic&highlight=all-access

I have personally never paid for Louisiana Tech All-Access on principle, because they are charging me for something that if I lived in Ruston, I would get for free by just listening to the radio.

I believe that a large percentage of Louisiana Tech Alumni live outside of range of our current radio broadcast network and Louisiana Tech is not being very smart in making it easy and cheap for these people to stay in touch with the university.

I bet that if we picked up a handful of new donors each year by not charging for the audio that is already being broadcast on the radio, that we would more than make up for the small amount that would be lost be people dropping the All-Access subscription to listen to the radio broadcasts.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Blocking of the radio stations internet broadcast during Tech sporting events

You can pretty much bet they will defer(deflect) your question to Mason and LaTech Sports Properties

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Blocking of the radio stations internet broadcast during Tech sporting events

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    You can pretty much bet they will defer(deflect) your question to Mason and LaTech Sports Properties
    Probably so, but since Guice thinks Athletics should be the face of the University, then the more people you show it to, then the better it is for the University. Maybe bringing it up there will prompt some action.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlmiddle View Post

I have personally never paid for Louisiana Tech All-Access on principle, because they are charging me for something that if I lived in Ruston, I would get for free by just listening to the radio.

I believe that a large percentage of Louisiana Tech Alumni live outside of range of our current radio broadcast network and Louisiana Tech is not being very smart in making it easy and cheap for these people to stay in touch with the university.
    Question: Why are Tech fans who live outside of a 60 mile radius of Ruston forced to pay to listen to Tech sporting events while others get to listen for free?

Don't let them tell you that we have a "network" of stations. Those that carry football are inconsistent at best. Supposedly one other station carries Tech MBB, but I've never heard anybody comment on it.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Stations in Mansfield and Springhill do carry a large portion of the Tech basketball schedule. I have listened to the stream on one of the stations when it was not blocked.

The better question to ask about the radio "network" if it is brought up would be why no Shreveport station carries all football, men's basketball, and women's basketball games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

The better question to ask about the radio "network" if it is brought up would be why no Shreveport station carries all football, men's basketball, and women's basketball games.
    As you know, it is pretty much impossible for any one station to carry both MBB and WBB. We waste valuable air time with WBB as it is. How many schools air WBB games on a 50K watt FM station? That's a waste of resources. So is splitting time between WBB and MBB coaches shows. Totally out of touch...

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

If you have an Android phone (and I would imagine IPHONE as well) you can download the Red Peach Media App for free and it broadcasts all of the stations that carry Tech sports (107.5, 97.7, etc). Of course now that I have mentioned it will probably have a fee attached to it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    If you have an Android phone (and I would imagine IPHONE as well) you can download the Red Peach Media App for free and it broadcasts all of the stations that carry Tech sports (107.5, 97.7, etc). Of course now that I have mentioned it will probably have a fee attached to it.

. . . and how many games were you able to listen to on the Red Peach app?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

For a fee on top of the subscription charge you get a chance to listen. Not much positive feedback on this one either. The only reason we have it is that TSP was forced to provide it this year.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

My experence has been that is blocked as well

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

We have arguable the best play-by-play man in the business and no one can hear him! Turrible, turrible! And what is our check amount now from Louisiana Tech Sports Properties? It was stalled at $750,000 for many years and should be growing.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Every game on the schedule. home and away including pre-game and post game shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . and how many games were you able to listen to on the Red Peach app?

Every game on the schedule. home and away including pre-game and post game shows.
    Glad to hear it actually worked. What was the cost?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

No fee will be attached. Telling the world is exactly what will get it shut down and blocked in the future. Sometimes it's blocked. Sometimes they forget to block it. When you find a loophole like this, please don't broadcast it to their attention. Just quietly enjoy somebody not doing their job.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    No fee will be attached. Telling the world is exactly what will get it shut down and blocked in the future. Sometimes it's blocked. Sometimes they forget to block it. When you find a loophole like this, please don't broadcast it to their attention. Just quietly enjoy somebody not doing their job.
    Then the question becomes why is Mason's job to make life terrible for valuable Tech alumni?

+ Reply to Thread