+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taxes

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Taxes

This is how I feel every year when I turn in my taxes.http://news.msn.com/us/ex-us-defense...urn-is-unknown
    Has anyone ever called their help line and actually got help. I've done my taxes every year except for 2009. That was the year I withdrew the money from an IRA that I started several years ago with $5,000. I had no record showing that I started the IRA with after tax money and the bank had been under at least 4 different owners, so I went to a CPA and explained to her what I did. She charged me $220 and I got a letter back from the IRS telling me that I owed taxes on the $5000 that I had already paid the taxes on. So, I did some research and found out that she was supposed to fill out another form for the $5000. So, I filled out the form and sent it back and they sent me a letter back saying that everything was ok. So, I wasted $220 going to a CPA that didn't know any more than I did.

This year I got audited for 2011. They sent me a letter saying I owed another $1348. The IRS got the same information that I got from Optum Bank HSA showing that I spent $2704 on my healthcare which was all tax deductible. So, I went to my account and made copies of all my receipts and sent them to them and explained to them how a HSA works. I also sent them a check for $39 that they claimed was a dividend on a life insurance policy. They sent me a letter back saying everything was ok. So, just in case you get audited, doesn't mean they are right.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Taxes

Dammit Don, pay your fair share and be happy that King Obama doesn't come looking for more.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I love having a tax-free living. But I would prefer to be paying taxes.
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

I like me.

It's a mockery.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I love having a tax-free living. But I would prefer to be paying taxes.
    Dammit Justin, you need to get in on the fair share giving part of the equation.
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ya know, I actually called the IRS about 3 years ago, to ask them some questions about my HSA before I filled out my tax returns, and the guy on the line shocked me with how friendly and helpful he was. I also didn't have to wait more than a minute to get to talk to someone. That was the only time I ever actually just directly called the IRS, and I wasn't sure if they were always that helpful over the phone, or if I was just lucky. The guy that I talked to went into detail about everything I asked him about, without sounding confusing. It still doesn't make it easier for me to hand over money to the idiot feds though...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Dammit Justin, you need to get in on the fair share giving part of the equation.
    too busy being a taker.
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

I like me.

It's a mockery.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar

You can't make this stuff up. I guess this is the only way to truly get money from the bleeding heart liberals/progressives around the world.

UN eyes tax on football tickets to pay for humanitarian aid...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You can't make this stuff up. I guess this is the only way to truly get money from the bleeding heart liberals/progressives around the world.

UN eyes tax on football tickets to pay for humanitarian aid...
    Sanders and Hillary hammer the "rich" and the GOP with taxes and class warfare.

LIST: Bernie Sanders' $19.6 trillion in tax hikes...

AND YET!!!

Top 1% provide 1/3rd all donations...

+ Reply to Thread