This is how I feel every year when I turn in my taxes.http://news.msn.com/us/ex-us-defense...urn-is-unknown
Has anyone ever called their help line and actually got help. I've done my taxes every year except for 2009. That was the year I withdrew the money from an IRA that I started several years ago with $5,000. I had no record showing that I started the IRA with after tax money and the bank had been under at least 4 different owners, so I went to a CPA and explained to her what I did. She charged me $220 and I got a letter back from the IRS telling me that I owed taxes on the $5000 that I had already paid the taxes on. So, I did some research and found out that she was supposed to fill out another form for the $5000. So, I filled out the form and sent it back and they sent me a letter back saying that everything was ok. So, I wasted $220 going to a CPA that didn't know any more than I did.

This year I got audited for 2011. They sent me a letter saying I owed another $1348. The IRS got the same information that I got from Optum Bank HSA showing that I spent $2704 on my healthcare which was all tax deductible. So, I went to my account and made copies of all my receipts and sent them to them and explained to them how a HSA works. I also sent them a check for $39 that they claimed was a dividend on a life insurance policy. They sent me a letter back saying everything was ok. So, just in case you get audited, doesn't mean they are right.