+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Restaurant in New Orleans

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Favorite Restaurant in New Orleans

I like Irene's

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Parkway beats Parasols hands down, especially since their kitchen basically moved to Tracey's down the street. As for burgers, skip Port of Call and head to Yo Mamma's in the Quarter. Peanut butter burger sounds gross, but it's worth it!

Katie's in Mid-City is extremely good (with some of the best chargrilled oysters), as is Elizabeth's in the Bywater for brunch. K-Paul's is about the only think worthwhile in the Quarter, as everything else is over-priced for tourists. Cochon is amazing, and Palace Cafe has a great New Orleans flair with reasonable prices for great Brennan-quality food.

If you want something off the beat path and like wine, check out Bacchanal in the Bywater. They have a great outdoor patio and recently added a very tasty menu.

Frankie and Johnny's also just reopened Uptown, and is a great, typical, old-style neighborhood seafood joint with delicious fried bell pepper rings.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Nobody goes there anymore . . . the lines are too long! :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    One of my favorite food experiences is at Dragos in Metairie (which for whatever reason is better than the Dragos in the Hilton on the river). Once the platter of chargrilled oysters has been consumed, I like to take their fresh french bread and sop it in the char and garlic butter sauce that's dripped to the bottom of the platter.

I don't know about today, but a couple of years ago they got their french bread fresh daily from Parkway Bakery. It just doesn't get any better than that.
    Amen!

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Cafe Maspero - cheaper, fast and GOOD.

Camellia Grill - greasy spoon, almost always a line out the door though (go to the original on Carrollton though, NOT the bad one in the quarter).

Dante's Kitchen - GREAT brunch.

Tujague's - second oldest restaurant in NO, great experience and great food.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

My kitchen, its uptown and the food is always good!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    Cafe Maspero - cheaper, fast and GOOD.

Camellia Grill - greasy spoon, almost always a line out the door though (go to the original on Carrollton though, NOT the bad one in the quarter).

Dante's Kitchen - GREAT brunch.

Tujague's - second oldest restaurant in NO, great experience and great food.
    I literally haven't been inside Pierre Maspero's since the 1980's. I used to love their HUGE sandwiches though. Do they still have those GIGANTIC sandwiches?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I literally haven't been inside Pierre Maspero's since the 1980's. I used to love their HUGE sandwiches though. Do they still have those GIGANTIC sandwiches?
    Yep!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yep!
    Maspero's was a favorite hangout for me and some of my New Orleans friends back in my 20's. But I've walked right by it a thousand times since, and never gone in. On Chartres St real close to Jackson Square. Shame in me. :icon_wink:

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    here's a pic
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    here's a pic
    nice purse!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    nice purse!
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread