+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 depth chart

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

2014-15 depth chart

Assumeing the mirecle boy coach does not
    land a BIT TIME recruit in the late signing period so late in the game for him and his coaching staff, he will have to use the players left by the former coach... which is not a bad group of Techsters and in-coming class!
    Even if they were to land a decent player it might take time for her or them to make their way into the sarting line up.
    So, working with the little bit of imformation I have this might be the current rotation for the 2014-15 Techsters...
    1.PG. WaltersMerdock
    2.SG, Shelton, Andrews,
    3. SG, Perry, Jackson, Chase...
    4. F, Frazier, Wingate, Davenport
    5. F, Wingate, Langston, Hall, Molten
    With out the knowledge of the in-coming class, our best athletes are:
    Walters, Shelton, Perry, Jackson, Frazier, and Wingate.
    This line up would not give us a BIG team but a very atheletic and quick talented one thad should get the bulk of the playing time until the freshman and any new additions that the coaching staff insertions have time to get acclimated themselves to the current team.
    I know I am really excited to see wat the freshman class will bring to the Techsters team as well!
    Coach Summitt is one lucky coach to be handed such an awesome group of Techsters to coach on his first year in the program!
    It should be a great year!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2014-15 depth chart

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Assumeing the mirecle boy coach does not
    land a BIT TIME recruit in the late signing period so late in the game for him and his coaching staff, he will have to use the players left by the former coach... which is not a bad group of Techsters and in-coming class!
    Even if they were to land a decent player it might take time for her or them to make their way into the sarting line up.
    So, working with the little bit of imformation I have this might be the current rotation for the 2014-15 Techsters...
    1.PG. WaltersMerdock
    2.SG, Shelton, Andrews,
    3. SG, Perry, Jackson, Chase...
    4. F, Frazier, Wingate, Davenport
    5. F, Wingate, Langston, Hall, Molten
    With out the knowledge of the in-coming class, our best athletes are:
    Walters, Shelton, Perry, Jackson, Frazier, and Wingate.
    This line up would not give us a BIG team but a very atheletic and quick talented one thad should get the bulk of the playing time until the freshman and any new additions that the coaching staff insertions have time to get acclimated themselves to the current team.
    I know I am really excited to see wat the freshman class will bring to the Techsters team as well!
    Coach Summitt is one lucky coach to be handed such an awesome group of Techsters to coach on his first year in the program!
    It should be a great year!
    I am super excited to see this team next year!! Wish it would hurry up!

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

In my view chase is better than perry

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    In my view chase is better than perry
    Not surprising you would say that with her being a hometown gal for you there in Monroe!
    If you check, and compare the accalaids of both you would find that Lulu came in with a lot more honors than Daja.
    Now I am hopeing Daja makes a great Techster but would find it hard to believe she would be a better college player as a freshman than Lulu as a Jr.
    Granted Lulu went through the rough Sohp slump, but even the best of atheletes do that, by the end of the year she was playing some awesome ball again... Didn't she hit 5 3pointers in a game down the stretch?
    And her quick step to the rim is unsurpassed not to the mention her awesome ability to draw fowls on the opposing team at will any time!
    The BESt of Lulu is yet to come!

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Guess you are right..lets hope it is a soph slump

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

She did break out of it toward the end of the season.

I hope that both are equally good and have to battle for it! If you watched Kenyan come off the bench and truly be one of the best on the men's team last year, that is what I hope for from all our non-starters.

Hey friend, I know I am right!
    I am "Cucu for Lulu"
    I remember the fans at Benton gym holding signs up saying that at one of the home play off game in benton...
    The gym was packed with LULU fans!It reminded me of years ago when the TAC was packed and the fans were loud and rowdy!
    She personly went and grabbed the announcers mic. and thank everyone for supporting the Benton Tigers!
    That was the first time I had the chance to meet Lulu!
    She is totaly a class act, not to mention one awesome competitor!

Roster for 2014-15
    With the info I have...
    Frazier Sr.
    Langston Sr.
    Andrews Sr.
    Walters Sr.
    Shelton Sr.
    Cheynavert SR. )pardon my spelling)
    Perry Jr.
    Wingate Jr.
    Hall Jr.
    Richie Jr.?
    Molton Soph.
    Jacson Soph.
    Chase Fr.
    Merdock Fr. (pardon my spelling)
    Davenport Fr.

Anyone know who is not on this list at this time?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

That looks about right. Remember Richie was a walk on last year. Not sure if she will be on the team this year. Chenevert may have asked for her release as well.
    Roster for 2014-15
    With the info I have...
    Frazier Sr.
    Langston Sr.
    Andrews Sr.
    Walters Sr.
    Shelton Sr.
    Cheynavert SR. )pardon my spelling)
    Perry Jr.
    Wingate Jr.
    Hall Jr.
    Richie Jr.?
    Molton Soph.
    Jacson Soph.
    Chase Fr.
    Merdock Fr. (pardon my spelling)
    Davenport Fr.

Anyone know who is not on this list at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    That looks about right. Remember Richie was a walk on last year. Not sure if she will be on the team this year. Chenevert may have asked for her release as well.
    If that is the case and Shelton is still a walk on then there would be 3 scholarships
    available for Coach Summitt...
    So, what's the chance of signing another player or 2 with the contact period ended for the spring?
    Would there be another period between now and Nov. for the team to pick up another player?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

We can still add 2-3players. The late signing period ends May 21. We may not announce all of the signings until later in the summer. Some coaches wait to announce all of the signees until the definite decisions have been made on the finalization of the roster. However, I would imagine that at least 1 will be announced. Of course, Coach Summitt has said that he will not sign someone just to fill a roster spot. We need a spot up shooter and help in the post. If the players available can not help in those areas, it is probably best to hit the recruiting trail in July and see who can be signed in November.
    If that is the case and Shelton is still a walk on then there would be 3 scholarships
    available for Coach Summitt...
    So, what's the chance of signing another player or 2 with the contact period ended for the spring?
    Would there be another period between now and Nov. for the team to pick up another player?

We can still add 2-3players. The late signing period ends May 21. We may not announce all of the signings until later in the summer. Some coaches wait to announce all of the signees until the definite decisions have been made on the finalization of the roster. However, I would imagine that at least 1 will be announced. Of course, Coach Summitt has said that he will not sign someone just to fill a roster spot. We need a spot up shooter and help in the post. If the players available can not help in those areas, it is probably best to hit the recruiting trail in July and see who can be signed in November.
    Again, thanks for the info AC!
    Although the addition of a spot up shooter and a post player could be beneficial, Just with the addition of Wingate and Shelton for the up-coming season we all can look forward to a much improved Techster team!
    With Shelton alone, we went 4wins out of the last 5 games!
    Add Wingate to that team and who knows...
    One thing is for sure, we will see just how good of a team that
    shoulda , coulda,and woulda have been this past year, if things had fell in place for our previous coach!
    Our young coach Summitt is a very lucky man to have this fall in his lap!
    I have no doubt that the Techsters will have a great year next year with out a single addition to the team, but should we pick up a couple of talented players even better for the program...
    The test for Coach Summitt, will come with his recruiting class next year when he had to replace at least 5 Srs.
    You can't expect to be a top level program with out getting a few of the TOP recrutes!
    I know I am ready for the season to start tomorrow!
    I will always love me some Techsters, dispite who the coach is!
    And I truly wish Coach Summitt great success!

Although the addition of a spot up shooter and a post player could be beneficial, Just with the addition of Wingate and Shelton for the up-coming season we all can look forward to a much improved Techster team!
    shoulda , coulda,and woulda have been this past year, if things had fell in place for our previous coach!
    I have no doubt that the Techsters will have a great year next year with out a single addition to the team, but should we pick up a couple of talented players even better for the program...
    The test for Coach Summitt, will come with his recruiting class next year when he had to replace at least 5 Srs.
    You can't expect to be a top level program with out getting a few of the TOP recrutes!

You are welcome. While I think Wingate will contribute immediately. She is a 6'1 wing/strong forward. She is similar to Ayana Walker in body style. I was still hoping for a physical post to give us some size in the starting lineup. However, overall I expect this Techster team to be quite good. The top teams in CUSA: Middle Tenn, Southern Miss, UTEP lost a lot of talent with graduation. They will still be good, but Tech, Western Kentucky and Old Dominion should also be in the top half of CUSA.

You are welcome. While I think Wingate will contribute immediately. She is a 6'1 wing/strong forward. She is similar to Ayana Walker in body style. I was still hoping for a physical post to give us some size in the starting lineup. However, overall I expect this Techster team to be quite good. The top teams in CUSA: Middle Tenn, Southern Miss, UTEP lost a lot of talent with graduation. They will still be good, but Tech, Western Kentucky and Old Dominion should also be in the top half of CUSA.
    I think of Frazier as a lot like Ayana Walker - a more finesse player, than a strong forward. Would you say Wingate and Frazier are similar?

+ Reply to Thread