+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Countdo

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Cou

The only poll I care about is the one at the end of the season. These preseason "rankings" are nothing more than a crapshoot.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Cou

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    The only poll I care about is the one at the end of the season. These preseason "rankings" are nothing more than a crapshoot.
    I can do better rolling dice than these goobers do with research.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My main concern is how our defense will be without Manny. He was a bit of a miracle worker.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    My main concern is how our defense will be without Manny. He was a bit of a miracle worker.
    I'm more worried about special teams. The only change I've heard (maybe) is punt return.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's what makes it so much fun though.... no one really knows how it's going to end. I'm cautiously optimistic. I think #66 is assuming we are good, but not special (Top 4 of CUSA and a bowl game). I think we have the potential to have a special year, but I wouldn't predict it. Kicker and Punter are not very good and we are not very deep at LB and CB. Who knows who will get injured and how much it will affect the team... The OL needs to step up a notch in run-blocking and Driskel needs to be better than he was at Florida.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

LaTech Re: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Cou

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I can do better rolling dice than these goobers do with research.
    I agree with you, none of these polls/rankings matter with how we do on the field (mostly), but they do influence perception. With everyone ranking Boise State in the top 30, they will have a better chance of staying ranked/receiving votes by winning the games they should and losing the games they should, than we do. However, starting in the top 70ish in most people's minds, it will help us to get a chance to turn some heads.

By receiving votes in the Amway preseason poll, if we somehow finish the season 11-1 or 12-0, we will have a better chance at beating a 11-1 or 10-2 Boise for an access bowl than if had not received those votes. Same for if we do not receive the Access Bowl and some of the P5 do not qualify for their bowls.

Also, starting the season as underdogs does help to make people overlook you, which can help with surprise wins...

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    I agree with you, none of these polls/rankings matter with how we do on the field (mostly), but they do influence perception. With everyone ranking Boise State in the top 30, they will have a better chance of staying ranked/receiving votes by winning the games they should and losing the games they should, than we do. However, starting in the top 70ish in most people's minds, it will help us to get a chance to turn some heads.

By receiving votes in the Amway preseason poll, if we somehow finish the season 11-1 or 12-0, we will have a better chance at beating a 11-1 or 10-2 Boise for an access bowl than if had not received those votes. Same for if we do not receive the Access Bowl and some of the P5 do not qualify for their bowls.

Also, starting the season as underdogs does help to make people overlook you, which can help with surprise wins...

Just my 2 cents

Good points. I hate when people find the positive in everything.

Varsity Bulldog B.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of light

If nothing else, rankings this low will make betting the spread very lucrative this year (similar to 2011).

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Our 1st D-1 game I'm betting the house on TECH
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

FINALLY!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...view/31455167/

Instead of the countdown he's doing by conference this year.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    FINALLY!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...view/31455167/

Instead of the countdown he's doing by conference this year.
    Looks like he swallowed the story about who our rivals are.

+ Reply to Thread