+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Next Baseball Coach

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Our Next Baseball Coach

Assuming that this really is the end for Simeneaux

Is there someone on the radar? Would be pay enough to look at the guys at Dallas Baptist, Sam Houston or UTA? They all seem to be doing pretty well.

One I wish Tech would consider is Mitch Thompson--former #1 assistant at Baylor. It's becoming clear that he was the primary recruiter at Baylor. Problem is that Tech actually talked to him in one of the previous searches (2 coaches ago)--and he wanted more for his assistants than Tech was willing to give. Are we ready to actually pay a baseball coach enough to get better ones?

Who else is a strong candidate?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Our Next Baseball Coach

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Assuming that this really is the end for Simeneaux

Is there someone on the radar? Would be pay enough to look at the guys at Dallas Baptist, Sam Houston or UTA? They all seem to be doing pretty well.

One I wish Tech would consider is Mitch Thompson--former #1 assistant at Baylor. It's becoming clear that he was the primary recruiter at Baylor. Problem is that Tech actually talked to him in one of the previous searches (2 coaches ago)--and he wanted more for his assistants than Tech was willing to give. Are we ready to actually pay a baseball coach enough to get better ones?

Who else is a strong candidate?
    I think we will go young. Maybe this guy http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/20...?path=baseball

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I think we will go young. Maybe this guy http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/20...?path=baseball
    Sounds good to me, I would like a young up and comer, of course anything would be an improvement.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I would be surprised if Hill is talked to...I think he is a good coach, but he was just hired at McNeese...

http://www.mclennanathletics.com/spo...Mitch_Thompson would be a great hire

http://www.hindsccsports.com/coaches...&path=baseball would be a great hire

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...n_cliff00.html would be an incredible hire
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I think we will go young.

At Tech?

No!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Are we ready to actually pay a baseball coach enough to get better ones?

I would hope so, but am not going to hold my breath on it. I wish we would get serious about baseball.

I still hope we would go after this guy, but I am pretty sure we do not have enough money to pry him away from Tampa. And even if we did, not sure he would leave his alma mater.

http://tampaspartans.com/profile.asp?playerID=260

He is a good one though!

Heck, go for his top assistant, he looks good too:

http://tampaspartans.com/profile.asp?playerID=261

And how in the world do they have 6 assistants??? (Yeah, I know...)
    Last edited by hookdown; 05-02-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Prereq: Is your mom or dad a famous college coach?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I think we will go young.
    Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    At Tech?

No!
    I'm thinking young and pedigree name. :icon_wink:

Puppy PNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around here

I'm thinking Coach Sim should sit the bench the rest of season.....maybe he could let Lil Sim coach the games we have left.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PNPretired View Post
    I'm thinking Coach Sim should sit the bench the rest of season.....maybe he could let Lil Sim coach the games we have left.
    I'm thinking I have nothing but respect for a young man ("Lil Sim") who's done nothing more than his best as a representative of Louisiana Tech.

Puppy PNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post

I'm thinking I have nothing but respect for a young man ("Lil Sim") who's done nothing more than his best as a representative of Louisiana Tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I'm thinking young and pedigree name. :icon_wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by PNPretired View Post
    [QUOTE=maverick;1432755]

Don't be so sensitive! Who says no respect for the young man? It's his dad who has lost respect. The suggestions for a coach were "young" and "dad a famous coach".....The facetious comment was directed at COACH Sim. No doubt Young Son is giving 100%, but he's average player, at best. Can't blame him though, his dad put him on the team.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

If we do end up hiring a new coach, it needs to be someone who already has ties to good recruits. For example, if the two JUCO coaches that Rooster mentioned have several talented players on their teams and are looking to play D-1, then hiring one of them would be good. IF we get a new coach, he will need players to build the roster.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticl...&Q_SEASON=2013

Don't know if he would be interested, but with ULL and LSWho being ranked every year, we should be able to attract a good coach.

+ Reply to Thread