+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Texas Bass Classic

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Toyota Texas Bass Classic

I volunteered yesterday at the TTBC on Lake Fork, TX and will again today. The leader is Keith Combs with five fish totaling 42 lbs......let me repeat.....42 lbs!!! There are 14 anglers that went over 30 lbs for their 5 fish Friday. The top 50 anglers in the world are here, and the catches have been incredible. I believe the biggest bass so far has been 11.5 lbs, but there were several over 10 lbs.

Watching Twitter today, by 10:00 AM, there are already two anglers over 30 lbs. for the day. Wow....

http://www.toyotatexasbassclassic.com
    Last edited by Amos Moses; 05-10-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Toyota Texas Bass Classic

http://www.etfinalscore.com/ET-Lates...s-bass-classic

The winner averaged 7.3 lbs per fish for the 15 fish he counted for the three days! Astounding.....you bass fishermen can understand what I am saying!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Lake Fork, here in E. Texas, is the bomb and has been since day one it was opened. Absolutely amazing.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

It's catch and release, though. So you anglers who like to eat what you catch will have to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    It's catch and release, though. So you anglers who like to eat what you catch will have to go somewhere else.
    The tourney is catch and release, but only bass in the "slot" have to be released by the public.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    The tourney is catch and release, but only bass in the "slot" have to be released by the public.
    Okay. Wasn't sure. My brother was/is a bass fisherman and lives in the Dallas area and that's what he told me.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Correct. The slot is so big, though, that most of your catches wind up having to be released. That is also why Lake Fork has so many of the top bass in the Texas record books

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Correct. The slot is so big, though, that most of your catches wind up having to be released. That is also why Lake Fork has so many of the top bass in the Texas record books
    Yep, that too is correct. I prefer crappie anyway over bass (for eating, that is). The slot is 16 inches to 24 inches. Only 5 fish can be taken per day, as well. Most bass fisherman today practice catch-and-release anyway.

Yep, that too is correct. I prefer crappie anyway over bass (for eating, that is). The slot is 16 inches to 24 inches. Only 5 fish can be taken per day, as well. Most bass fisherman today practice catch-and-release anyway.
    I have neverliked the word "crappie" because it sounds so much like crappy. We always called them bream (brim) where I grew up. All we everfished for were bream and perch. I don't fish now because it's become way too expensive. Here in Texas the licenses have gone way too high. First you get a general license and then if you want to catch fish (freshwater) you pay more and then if you want to catch saltwater fish you pay even more (you can catch crabs in you home county without a license - at least you used to). Not too long ago you didn't need a license if you were over 65 and then I guess they figured it out that most people with the time to fish are retired. Yeah they give those over 65 a little break, but I don't like fishing well enough to pay it. I haven't caught a fish worth keeping since I was eigth or nine years old no matter how hard I tried. I wonder if you have to have a license to fish if you never catch any?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I have neverliked the word "crappie" because it sounds so much like crappy. We always called them bream (brim) where I grew up. All we everfished for were bream and perch. I don't fish now because it's become way too expensive. Here in Texas the licenses have gone way too high. First you get a general license and then if you want to catch fish (freshwater) you pay more and then if you want to catch saltwater fish you pay even more (you can catch crabs in you home county without a license - at least you used to). Not too long ago you didn't need a license if you were over 65 and then I guess they figured it out that most people with the time to fish are retired. Yeah they give those over 65 a little break, but I don't like fishing well enough to pay it. I haven't caught a fish worth keeping since I was eigth or nine years old no matter how hard I tried. I wonder if you have to have a license to fish if you never catch any?
    Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's a Texas thing, but I've always referred to crappie and perch as the same fish. I've never heard of crappie used as another name for bream. Interesting.

What are the prices for licenses there? I know out of state prices are ridiculous. For in-state here, I can get freshwater and saltwater for a grand total of $15.

Combined salt/fresh water license is 40 dollars and the last I checked they all expire in August and it's not prorated. For "seniors" it's 22 dollars. For fresh water only it's 30/12. Like I said it used to be free for seniors. The last time I bought a license about ten years ago the fee was only $25 for both.

Hell, I nver heard the term "crappie" until I moved to Texas and I don't fish here (see above). When I was young in La. we fished for bream and perch, so excuse my ignornance on that account. I thought crappie was a So. La. term since I never heard it up in N. La.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's a Texas thing, but I've always referred to crappie and perch as the same fish. I've never heard of crappie used as another name for bream. Interesting.

What are the prices for licenses there? I know out of state prices are ridiculous. For in-state here, I can get freshwater and saltwater for a grand total of $15.
    Houston, a "bream" is a bluegill or goggle-eye, or sunfish, etc. A "crappie" is a white perch, sac-a-lait, spec, etc. Louisiana and Texas have a reciprocal agreement. That means if you live in La., and have a valid fishing license, you do not need a Texas license. What a deal!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Houston, a "bream" is a bluegill or goggle-eye, or sunfish, etc. A "crappie" is a white perch, sac-a-lait, spec, etc. Louisiana and Texas have a reciprocal agreement. That means if you live in La., and have a valid fishing license, you do not need a Texas license. What a deal!
    Correct

Really?! Every time I've fished in Texas, I bought an out of state license! I've wasted so much money! :bigcry:

I beleive that applies only to boundary waters such as Toledo Bend, Sabine, and Caddo(?).

+ Reply to Thread