+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT roster

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

USMNT roster

some interesting decisions:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/usmn...-30-man-roster

No EJ and Green and Edu on?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: USMNT roster

EJ wasn't making the 23. Edu is a possibility because of his versatility to play both as a defensive mid and central defender. Green might sneak onto the 23 just for the experience of going to Brazil, and being in this camp certainly will be a big deal. He's projected to be our top forward in 2018.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Rumor has it he was promised a spot on the roster if he would make the switch from Germany to The United States.

I'm just pissed D80 didn't make the roster. I was pulling for him. We needed that toughness on the pitch.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

When I saw USMNT, I thought US Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well you enjoy the cartoon on the turtles, while some of us revel in the greatest sporting event on the planet.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well you enjoy the cartoon on the turtles, while some of us revel in the greatest sporting event on the planet.
    For me, the World Cup event is below the NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl, March Madness, college football bowls, NBA Playoffs/Finals

'Merica Baby!

To each his own....

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Is anyone else seething about Klinsmann's ludicrous decision to cut Landon? I'm shocked. This whole time, I've had this odd feeling that Klinsmann had let things get personal between him and Landon. Maybe I'm wrong, but this just screams that. Even if he's no longer a starter, there's absolutely no question that Landon Donovan is still one of the top 20 American soccer players, and there's also no doubt that his experience could have been very beneficial in Brazil. This is just beyond my comprehension.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    For me, the World Cup event is below the NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl, March Madness, college football bowls, NBA Playoffs/Finals

'Merica Baby!
    +1. 'Merica!

HUGE mistake cutting LD. Huge!

I have no doubt by the start of the tourney Donovan would have played/trained his way back into shape. Way beyond his physical ability is his experience and team leadership. We won the Gold Cup because of LD. Period. The team performs better when he's on the field, the mark of a great player.

Well...we're already in the 2nd toughest pool in the finals. We NEEDED Donovan to have even a remote chance of advancing to the knock-out round. I don't see it happening now. Gonna be a repeat of 2006...ugh!

However, if JK was gonna make this move....and he did...better to do it now, rather than wait til the last minute. Now at least the 23 players on the squad have some chance to come together as a unit and hopefully.....well....there is always hope.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I would have liked to see him on this roster as a super sub. I think his experience off the field would have been valuable. According to a friend connected to the national program, LD would have been match fit, but not 90 minute World Cup Match fit which every single star and starter would have to be for us to advance in this group.

There are some issues between LD and JK and that played a part. There is also some directive about the future coming down from Gulati and the directors (Green in a US jersey vs. German), they are still bothered by Rossi to the Italy and it continues to come up in those circles.

While all the players respect LD's accomplishments, several in MLS and in the national pool have had issues in the last 2+ years. Its just a part of pro sports. I actually think the results will be the same at the end of the day whether he played as a starter, sub, or not at all.

LD is obviously a better player than I was, but as a coach I understand most of JK's reasoning. I do think he let it get somewhat personal which is disappointing. You can see the evidence of that by what JK's son posted on twitter. That kind of comment would not have been made had that not been influenced by the home atmosphere around his dad and LD's relationship.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

'Merica Baby!
    The World Cup Final is without question the single biggest sporting event in the world each 4-year period. 4 Super Bowls combined still are nowhere in sight of one World Cup Final.

Well, now that JK has cut the best player in US history, this WC Final is ALL on him! Make some noise.....are carry your ass.

Objectively, I don't see it happening. Other than Bradley, we still don't have a midfield worth a crap. Back line is, is, well...hell! we ain't got nothing back there. Howard will do his part, but there's only so much a K can do. Up top? Altidore? Will he show up? Dempsey? Spends 2/3 of the match sitting on the turf whining and complaining.

Zero points in pool play? 0-3? I hope not....but it looms as a possibility. Hell! just beat Ghana for a frickin' change!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

He has a contract through 2018 and he is Gulati's hand picked man. The only way he is gone regardless of how the team shows in Brazil is if he takes it upon himself to step down.

By "through 2018" does that mean thru the '18 WC Finals?

Look....given our unlucky pool draw it was a stretch for us to have gotten thru to the knock-out round....even with LD playing. So, if we advance in Brazil, I'll give JK his due credit.

But....with LD, and the roster I'd have chosen, we had a legit shot of advancing. I expected a win over Ghana, a draw with Portugal, and then depending on the situation, perhaps a draw with Germany if they had already secured going through. So, perhaps 5 pts total. We'll see how JK does with his chosen 23.

+ Reply to Thread