+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It Appears It is Over -

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Re: It Appears It is Over -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    And if I had to take a coach from Shreveport, I'd take Tim Hulett from Evangel over Walker, Diaz, Cantwell and Musgraves...
    Thank you Dawg06! I've been saying the same thing for years. He has Major League connections and has had success as a coach at both Evangel and within the Texas Rangers organization single A team at Spokane. He also played in the majors for 12 years, so I doubt we would see the boneheaded play calls that was synonymous with the previous regime. I know people want to go young with this hire, and I don't necessarily disagree but he has a son that is an assistant with him at Evangel that could step-up if the opportunity arose. My biggest concern is if he would take the job. He had opportunities to move up in the Rangers organization and turned them down so that he could continue to coach both Evangel and the Spokane team.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    Thank you Dawg06! I've been saying the same thing for years. He has Major League connections and has had success as a coach at both Evangel and within the Texas Rangers organization single A team at Spokane. He also played in the majors for 12 years, so I doubt we would see the boneheaded play calls that was synonymous with the previous regime. I know people want to go young with this hire, and I don't necessarily disagree but he has a son that is an assistant with him at Evangel that could step-up if the opportunity arose. My biggest concern is if he would take the job. He had opportunities to move up in the Rangers organization and turned them down so that he could continue to coach both Evangel and the Spokane team.
    I agree. I don't know if we could pry him away either. I think Hulett would be a perfect fit for Tech. Musgraves, not so much....
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-19-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm sure I'll piss some people off with this comment, but I think the new coach needs to totally clean house. I look at the last several failed coaches and they all had one assistant in common. Not saying all the blame rests on his shoulders, but I find it a bit coincidental that he's been on staff for some of the worse baseball years we've ever seen.
    Sounds pretty par for the course at big boy schools, we are still trying to get ours own apparently. We always have some holdover because he was so and so's buddy or he was a good guy, yada, yada, yada.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I hope we do not hire a current high school coach to be our next head coach
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I am holding out hope for Jim Wells
    Ditto.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Rooster, Tim Hulett doubles as a Minor League Baseball manager and a high school coach. I think you'd love him if you got to know more about him.

I'm not saying we should hire him because I don't know who else may be out there, but as far as coaches with ties to Shreveport go, Tim Hulett is the best. If our search committee doesn't at least look at Hulett, they aren't doing their due diligence IMO.

I think we have to look "outside the box" with this hire.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-19-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Why not?

Go young, someone hungry, someone out to make a name for themselves, a tireless worker who will say look what I have to work with instead of what I don't have to work with

Beats an old retread any day of the week or a prima-donna from a P5 school who has a silver spoon in his mouth
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I vote for Trey Hillman.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Plus, Tim Hulett autographed my baseball at White Six Spring Training when I was in 4th grade. I think that's reason enough to hire him.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    anyone got names of potential baseball coaches?
    Before we get that far, we first need to look at retired baseball coaches and then see if they have kids that would be interested

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Rooster, Tim Hulett doubles as a Minor League Baseball manager and a high school coach. I think you'd love him if you got to know more about him.

I'm not saying we should hire him because I don't know who else may be out there, but as far as coaches with ties to Shreveport go, Tim Hulett is the best. If our search committee doesn't at least look at Hulett, they aren't doing their due diligence IMO.

I think we have to look "outside the box" with this hire.
    You are right and it sounds like he is an exception...what I mean is someone who has been coaching high school baseball for the last 10 years, and now all of a sudden, they are a D-1 head coach. I would like some assistant experience or even current head coach from a juco... Our program needs total revamping and I just think someone with more experience than high school is needed. It does sound like Coach Hulett has a ton of experience and is definitely and exception.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

if y'all want minor league coaches then see if Martie Cordaro or Charlie Montoyo would be interested

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Ditto.
    I've heard rumors that he could be the man and that he is interested.

Jim Wells

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

We have a lot to be excited about for next year now. A new head coach for Baseball and women's basketball and what should be an amazing men's basketball season. And uhhh hopefully football will be too.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    if y'all want minor league coaches then see if Martie Cordaro or Charlie Montoyo would be interested
    For reference, here is Charlie Montoyo's info on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Montoyo

+ Reply to Thread