+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It Appears It is Over -

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It Appears It is Over -

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...t-get-new-deal

"Coach Simoneaux has done so many great things for this university," McClelland said. "Facilities have improved under his watch, academics are in very good standings. It’s not a total collapse of a program by any stretch of the imagination, but from a win-loss standpoint, something’s got to turn."

"For me, whether it’s coincidence, timing or what to have two coaches in this short of a period of time," McClelland said. "It’s not like I went into the situation looking for that, but it’s found me. In both situations, a decision was needed, we made the decision and now we’re moving forward with intention of improving the program."
    Tommy Mc hopes to have new head coach named in the next 2 to 5 weeks.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    I've heard rumors that he could be the man and that he is interested.

Jim Wells
    I'd be a little concerned about his longevity, but then I don't know the reasons he's bounced around a bit since leaving Alabama. Does anyone know?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Just looking into candidates, but this guy looks like winner:

Steve Browning - HC, Southern Arkansas University
    http://www.muleriderathletics.com/co...&path=baseball

Fits the definition of young, up and coming. Graduated from SAU in 2000. Four years as HC, 154-69 record, four GAC tourney championships. Recruits AR, LA, and TX, so he already knows the region. Oh, by the way, he is also serving as SAU's AD (could make it easier when our AD contacts their AD to get permission to talk to him... ).

His biggest negative in my book, no D1 or pro experience.

Note to admin: for ideas on how to run a non-power conference baseball program, please go to USL and take notes...#2 in the country right now...sheesh....

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Mike Jeffcoat HC Texas Wesleyan

Puppy locdog007 isn't thought very highly of around herelocdog007 isn't thought very highly of around herelocdog007 isn't thought very highly of around here

What about the Sam Houston State coach? He's got them in the top 25 with a 40 win season. Anybody know anything about him?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    You are right and it sounds like he is an exception...what I mean is someone who has been coaching high school baseball for the last 10 years, and now all of a sudden, they are a D-1 head coach. I would like some assistant experience or even current head coach from a juco... Our program needs total revamping and I just think someone with more experience than high school is needed. It does sound like Coach Hulett has a ton of experience and is definitely and exception.
    You never know who will succeed in that position until they're in it. Simoneaux spent six seasons as an assistant at a top-notch baseball program in ULL, and it didn't work out for him at Tech.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Picking coaches is a gamble, Simoneaux had all the right things going for him when he was hired...

You just never know
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...t-get-new-deal

"Coach Simoneaux has done so many great things for this university," McClelland said. "Facilities have improved under his watch, academics are in very good standings. It’s not a total collapse of a program by any stretch of the imagination, but from a win-loss standpoint, something’s got to turn."

"For me, whether it’s coincidence, timing or what to have two coaches in this short of a period of time," McClelland said. "It’s not like I went into the situation looking for that, but it’s found me. In both situations, a decision was needed, we made the decision and now we’re moving forward with intention of improving the program."

Tommy Mc hopes to have new head coach named in the next 2 to 5 weeks.
    McClelland must not have looked too closely at Simoneaux's latest single year APR scores. Sim posted failing APR scores in each of the last two reporting years, albeit not by much, but failing nonetheless. I hope all our guys took care of business in the classroom this year so they don't put our next coach in a bind.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here's one from the Mississippi circles:

http://www.hindsccsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=3
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    And if I had to take a coach from Shreveport, I'd take Tim Hulett from Evangel over Walker, Diaz, Cantwell, and Musgraves...
    I want chad McDowell to be our basketball coach.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    I want chad McDowell to be our basketball coach.

Puppy Dog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm sure I'll piss some people off with this comment, but I think the new coach needs to totally clean house. I look at the last several failed coaches and they all had one assistant in common. Not saying all the blame rests on his shoulders, but I find it a bit coincidental that he's been on staff for some of the worse baseball years we've ever seen.
    I agree. Clean house. Get rid of the whole bunch now that their leader is gone. I'm sure the new coach will take care of that soon after being hired. While they are at it take Simoneaux's Picture and bio off the web site. That would be prolific.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog 86 View Post
    ?.. That would be prolific.
    I don't understand. Perhaps you should define "prolific."
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I don't understand. Perhaps you should define "prolific."
    I share your confusion. Ditto with PNPretired's "give talented young players like Taylor Love the opportunity they deserve on the field without all that reticent drama in the field house..."

Personally, I'm okay with drama, as long as it's quiet or unexpressed.

+ Reply to Thread