+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ROSTER Changes

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: ROSTER Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We have two 6'5'' ladies visiting campus soon. Don't know names or dates.
    Inquiring minds want to know. Hope this is more than rumor.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know. Hope this is more than rumor.
    Not a rumor, Coach Summitt mentioned this morning during an interview in the Nick Brown show

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Did he say if they were for this year or 2015 recruits?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

No, he did not.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be amazing if it was this year, but 2015 is would look to be an AMAZING class with the two transfers being eligible and these two, if landed. This rebuilding make be quicker than any of us thought.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We have two 6'5'' ladies visiting campus soon. Don't know names or dates.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Dawg06!

I did a quick search among the top 140 uncommitted 6'5" players from Class of 2015 and got two hits:
    Slidell's Kalani Brown and Erin DeGrate of La Vega High School (Waco, TX), who is generally regarded as the 3rd or 4th best post player in her class.

I would warn friends that these girls are too much to hope for this soon (while secretly harboring my own hopes that Tyler & Mickie will set the women's b-ball world on its ear in one fell swoop!). [hypocrite smilie icon]

Then I checked mid-west 2015 players, with whom I expect Tyler would have been cultivating relationships while at Marquette. I found no 6'5"s, but there are four (still growing?) area players listed at 6'4":
    ...Patricia Albert - Morgan Park HS, Chicago, IL
    ...Amber Lindfors - Elk Grove HS, IL
    ...Diamond Jordan - John Glenn HS, Westland, MI
    ...Megan Gustafson - South Shore HS, Port Wing, WI (Iowa commit)

Okay. That's the limits of my amateur bird-dogging. Can someone with real knowledge weigh in on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, Dawg06!

I did a quick search among the top 140 uncommitted 6'5" players from Class of 2015 and got two hits:
    Slidell's Kalani Brown and Erin DeGrate of La Vega High School (Waco, TX), who is generally regarded as the 3rd or 4th best post player in her class.

I would warn friends that these girls are too much to hope for this soon (while secretly harboring my own hopes that Tyler & Mickie will set the women's b-ball world on its ear in one fell swoop!). [hypocrite smilie icon]

Then I checked mid-west 2015 players, with whom I expect Tyler would have been cultivating relationships while at Marquette. I found no 6'5"s, but there are four (still growing?) area players listed at 6'4":
    ...Patricia Albert - Morgan Park HS, Chicago, IL
    ...Amber Lindfors - Elk Grove HS, IL
    ...Diamond Jordan - John Glenn HS, Westland, MI
    ...Megan Gustafson - South Shore HS, Port Wing, WI (Iowa commit)

Okay. That's the limits of my amateur bird-dogging. Can someone with real knowledge weigh in on this list?
    Beatrice Mompremier is a 6'4 / 6'5 forward from Florida. She maybe one of the visits. She is followed by coach amber smith in twitter. During an interview a few weeks ago, Coach Summitt mentioned that they were looking at a couple players from Georgia. Victoria Harris is a 6'3-6'5 post player (her size depends on which recruiting site you visit) that might be on the radar. You can also get information from the coaches twitter pages (watch the names that are following them)

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Good point on the ACL injuries for women. Hurt mine years ago playing basketball and it does not make for good things down the road. I do believe that now that they KNOW women are more likely to get this injury they have developed a series of exercises to strengthen muscles to protect it (so far as possible). I know back in the old days, the women played some excellent male players all the time...and schooled 'em. Looking forward to seeing how this team develops.

I guess I'm ambivalent about the summer leagues (maybe I'm ambivalent...maybe not).

I've read female basketball players are 6 times more likely to suffer an ACL injury, and 5 times more likely to suffer a season-ending injury than their cohort males. But I'm not sure if summer league games would actually add to their total summer competitive court time.

We definitely don't need no injuries! Whatever transpires, looks like we're gonna have a short enough bench to start this season.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Hope we pick up one or two

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. I believe that "Aunt Holly's" success can only help Coach Summitt. She may even send some recruits in his direction from time to time. I really hope that something can be worked out concerning scheduling a home and home series in the near future.
    Today Holly got 6'1" guard Diamond DeShields (transfer from N.C. - ACC Freshman of the Year). Most are saying she's the best player Tennessee has signed since Candace Parker. She and Te'a Cooper won't play until 2015.

Holly has the horses now. Tennessee is loaded. If by 2019 the Lady Vols are judged to have under-achieved (specifically, if the defense is not holding opponents to under 40%, and the LVs are not top-20 in fewest turnovers)...

Ahhh for the good old days when we got players like that.:bigcry:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Today Holly got 6'1" guard Diamond DeShields (transfer from N.C. - ACC Freshman of the Year). Most are saying she's the best player Tennessee has signed since Candace Parker. She and Te'a Cooper won't play until 2015.

Holly has the horses now. Tennessee is loaded. If by 2019 the Lady Vols are judged to have under-achieved (specifically, if the defense is not holding opponents to under 40%, and the LVs are not top-20 in fewest turnovers)...
    Congrats to the LV's! That is a great pick up.

It is amazing to see that much coordination of a child that age.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Should we go into the 2014-5 season with 11 players with the current listed roster with the addition of Davenport, I would still be of the opinion that we will still have a very good team but small and possibly in trouble should we have any injuries of our top players!
    With Frazier and Wingate as our post players they will not be tall but incredibly atheletic and a formible duo down low!
    Shelton, Perry and Jackson have all proven they can play...
    Walters is dynamic, and with a little tweeking could prove to be one of the best PG's in the league!
    If we could get some quality back up play from Langston, Molton, and Davenport in the post we will be in good shape...
    We will be pretty limited on our guards with either Perry or Jackson being our 6th player and Andrews and Richie left on the bench to back any of them all up!
    Now if we are in shape, tuff, and have that championship mentality that Coach Summitt says his team will be, then we can still expect great things from this Sr. led group of Techsters this year!

+ Reply to Thread