+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on this (LHSAA)

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Thoughts on this (LHSAA)

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20140522/NEWS01/305220031/LHSAA-arbitration-heads-Jindal-s-desk

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Thoughts on this (LHSAA)

My thought - your link sucks

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    My thought - your link sucks
    I agree. What about this one?
    http://m.thenewsstar.com/topstories/article?a=2014305220031&f=731

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...-Jindal-s-desk

I am just giving you hell....

....if he signs it there is trouble

Thank you! Not sure why it wouldn't work. Tons of trouble if he signs it. Guess the big question is, will he???

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post

....if he signs it there is trouble
    I think the LHSAA still has 1 out. The way the bill was interpreted by the author, the school, not the student, has to appeal an request arbitration. The school would then be responsible for its costs. IF the school boards in this state make it illegal for the schools to pay for the arbitration, then LHSAA could offer arbitration, but no one could apply for it.

The legislators are just peeved because they believe they are elected to control every dollar in the state. It doesn't bother them if it is a private dollar or a public dollar. The LHSAA has proven in court that they are a private organization, not part of BESE or the state. The same legislators that argued for this bill and for the kid from Baton Rouge to be given one more exemption to play after he is too old argued against the splitting of the high school playoffs. In fact one bill that hasn't moved required them to re-instate the student and get the playoffs back to the way they used to be. So they don't want every body to get into the football playoffs because it waters them down, but they want to let kids that are too old play because every kid should get to play high school athletics? As usual our elected officials are using both sides of their mouths. Its their way or the highway, and that just isn't the way it is supposed to be.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is totally a gesture by our reps to look PC.

I'm not a big fan of the LHSAA and the way they do some things, but the rule is the rule. They've been consistent with this one as far as I've read and heard. No need for arbitration.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oh, and I do think he will sign it. The majority of the reps voted for it because Jindal told them to.:icon_wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned the LHSAA lost what little credibility it had left with the advent of the new football playoffs system. Any legislation that further brings the LHSAA to brink of extinction is okay by me. I will call Bobby right now and urge him to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I will call Bobby right now and urge him to sign it.
    "ello govna"

The segregation that took place with programs last fall was shocking. The system is broken but LHSAA's solution was pathetic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the LHSAA lost what little credibility it had left with the advent of the new football playoffs system. Any legislation that further brings the LHSAA to brink of extinction is okay by me. I will call Bobby right now and urge him to sign it.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

it's absurd, go back to the old way.

+ Reply to Thread