+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise your hand if you think Wade Simoneaux is a good coach.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Raise your hand if you think Wade Simoneaux is a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1 View Post
    Had a talk with Gravy about Sim four weeks into his job and he told me that the game was changing drastically, and he was glad to be "retired" because he would not perform at his former level in "new" college baseball. He echoed the very frustrations Sim has been saying today and he did it back then. Sadly, nothing changed the whole time he was here and I fear any new coach will be well-intentioned, but unable to perform a a level we desire. He pointed to our not never being a national power because of these drawbacks and would be in a downward spiral even with Tommy Lasorda running the ship. He knew then that Ruston was not the ideal destination for the new breed of college prospects and considered himself lucky to win with local talent. He was encouraged to recruit locally and have a JC's mixed in, and that's how he won. But he didn't win at LSU's level (and now USL 's) and said they along with Tulane would always out recruit and outspend us in baseball. He said JC's were in JC's for a reason and if we relied on them too heavily, they would only screw up our APR.

He hated the fact that the only people who cared were a handful of former players and a few folks around town.. After them, no one would ever care about Tech baseball.

He predicted USL would always be better Than us because of facilities and a presidents support that he (and we) didn't have. He predicted sim wouldn't get it done either and would get run. In my last sit down with Gravy, about two weeks before he and his wife died, he commented that if sim couldn't get ER done here, it would be hard to find a name coach to follow him because it wouldn't be the coaching .... It was would be a lack of administrative and local support. He said sim would get run because we were not in a hotbed of talent and our facilities would always be mediocre, even with renovations that Sim was promised would come He didn't think sim was lacking in his X's and O's ... Only lacking in talent that he couldn't lure away from LSU, USL and Tulane. Therefore, he filled holes with what was left over and prayed for miracles. The miracles never occurred.
    What were the reasons that Gravy gave for kids being more attracted to other towns/schools? A lot of colleges are in small towns. The question is, what changes need to be made to make our programs competitive?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    What were the reasons that Gravy gave for kids being more attracted to other towns/schools? A lot of colleges are in small towns. The question is, what changes need to be made to make our programs competitive?
    I just don't buy a lot of that -

I look at our resources compared to NWSt, the juco, SLU and others and see that we have better facilities and larger budgets, yet we consistently have trailed these programs who have MADE MULTIPLE NCAA appearances in the last 15 to 20 years EACH...

Yes we should always strive to improve both facilities and budgets -

But losers make excuses and that program is riddled with them

I'm not even talking about being on the plain that USL or Tulane or let alone LSU has been on the last 20+ years - I'm just talking about being competitive and winning more than we lose

It's pathetic where this program is right now - coaches are paid to WIN ballgames period
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I just don't buy a lot of that -

I look at our resources compared to NWSt, the juco, SLU and others and see that we have better facilities and larger budgets, yet we consistently have trailed these programs who have MADE MULTIPLE NCAA appearances in the last 15 to 20 years EACH...

Yes we should always strive to improve both facilities and budgets -

But losers make excuses and that program is riddled with them

I'm not even talking about being on the plain that USL or Tulane or let alone LSU has been on the last 20+ years - I'm just talking about being competitive and winning more than we lose

It's pathetic where this program is right now - coaches are paid to WIN ballgames period

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1 View Post
    Had a talk with Gravy about Sim four weeks into his job and he told me that the game was changing drastically, and he was glad to be "retired" because he would not perform at his former level in "new" college baseball. He echoed the very frustrations Sim has been saying today and he did it back then. Sadly, nothing changed the whole time he was here and I fear any new coach will be well-intentioned, but unable to perform a a level we desire. He pointed to our not never being a national power because of these drawbacks and would be in a downward spiral even with Tommy Lasorda running the ship. He knew then that Ruston was not the ideal destination for the new breed of college prospects and considered himself lucky to win with local talent. He was encouraged to recruit locally and have a JC's mixed in, and that's how he won. But he didn't win at LSU's level (and now USL 's) and said they along with Tulane would always out recruit and outspend us in baseball. He said JC's were in JC's for a reason and if we relied on them too heavily, they would only screw up our APR.

He hated the fact that the only people who cared were a handful of former players and a few folks around town.. After them, no one would ever care about Tech baseball.

He predicted USL would always be better Than us because of facilities and a presidents support that he (and we) didn't have. He predicted sim wouldn't get it done either and would get run. In my last sit down with Gravy, about two weeks before he and his wife died, he commented that if sim couldn't get ER done here, it would be hard to find a name coach to follow him because it wouldn't be the coaching .... It was would be a lack of administrative and local support. He said sim would get run because we were not in a hotbed of talent and our facilities would always be mediocre, even with renovations that Sim was promised would come He didn't think sim was lacking in his X's and O's ... Only lacking in talent that he couldn't lure away from LSU, USL and Tulane. Therefore, he filled holes with what was left over and prayed for miracles. The miracles never occurred.
    This is the same thing I've heard from people in the know here at LaLaff.

I was told he was promised the world and given nothing. He only had a $10,000 recruiting budget. You can talk about being better than NSU and ULM and SLU but I guarantee you they all have way more than $10,000 set aside for baseball recruiting. We sure as hell do.

Sim was highly regarded here, and if he had stuck around he would have unquestionably replaced Robe once he retired. I think he's a great coach that bought into a bunch of false promises. I can guarantee you no one will succeed at Tech until your admin starts treating your baseball program with a basic level of respect.

I'm also a cajun idiot.
    Last edited by GEAUX UL; 06-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post

I was told he was promised the world and given nothing. He only had a $10,000 recruiting budget. You can talk about being better than NSU and ULM and SLU but I guarantee you they all have way more than $10,000 set aside for baseball recruiting. We sure as hell do.

Sim was highly regarded here, and if he had stuck around he would have unquestionably replaced Robe once he retired. I think he's a great coach that bought into a bunch of false promises. I can guarantee you no one will succeed at Tech until your admin starts treating your baseball program with a basic level of respect.

I'm also a cajun idiot.
    Let's see how quickly you hire him back.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I'll fix your post for you:

This is the same thing I've heard from people in the know here at LaLaff.......
    I'm also a cajun idiot.
    Listen.....we could throw stones at your programs as well. We both live in glass houses. The big difference.......we are title IX compliant. Your athletic department is not. That is not something "heard", that is fact.

And having a great baseball team will never get you compliant. Take a look in the mirror and ask why you are not in CUSA. It is not because of facilities, budget, fan base, demographics, etc. it is because your administration (1)did not properly balance federal funding regulations and winning sports programs (2) academic accreditation was not at a national level.

Correct those things then ask to move to another conference.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I'm also a cajun idiot.
    BS -

There are people on this board who supplemented his program $10k or better every year out of their own pockets to be used as he directed

After the first 6 years all Wade did was make excuses and continue to lose - the $$$ difference between the two programs is not that great and the vast % of that difference is in coaching salaries amongst HC and assistants

Fact is he was here 12 years and could not put the pieces together to be semi-competitive the vast majority of those years

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I'll fix your post for you:

Listen.....we could throw stones at your programs as well. We both live in glass houses. The big difference.......we are title IX compliant. Your athletic department is not. That is not something "heard", that is fact.

And having a great baseball team will never get you compliant. Take a look in the mirror and ask why you are not in CUSA. It is not because of facilities, budget, fan base, demographics, etc. it is because your administration (1)did not properly balance federal funding regulations and winning sports programs (2) academic accreditation was not at a national level.

Correct those things then ask to move to another conference.
    We're not Title IX compliant? Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BS -

There are people on this board who supplemented his program $10k or better every year out of their own pockets to be used as he directed

After the first 6 years all Wade did was make excuses and continue to lose - the $$$ difference between the two programs is not that great and the vast % of that difference is in coaching salaries amongst HC and assistants

Fact is he was here 12 years and could not put the pieces together to be semi-competitive the vast majority of those years
    Doesn't change the fact that he didn't get nearly what other schools got from the administration.

Hell, just look a few miles East at ULM. You and I both know there's next to no chance any football coach will have much success there. Whether that coach is good or not is irrelevant because he simply won't have the resources he needs to compete with other I-A schools. The exact same thing is true at Tech with baseball. Wade didn't go from a great coach to a crappy coach over the course of one summer. He went to work for an athletic department that wasn't willing to do what needed to be done for the program.

Signed,

Cajun Idiot

Varsity Bulldog 79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough79trueblue is a jewel in the rough 79trueblue's Avatar

Can't somebody block this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by 79trueblue View Post
    LOL, for what? Saying your school doesn't care enough about baseball to fund it? You're getting mad at the wrong guy here.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 79trueblue View Post
    From what I can tell, GeauxUL has been civil to the discussion. While the Cajun fan may be misinformed about Tech's "resources" or commitment to this sport or that sport, as long as they contribute respectfully to a conversation, I personally have no problem with the posts.

I hope if I ever felt the urge to post on their fan board, I would be shown the same courtesy.

The only ting one has to look at to see the true nature of the situation is to look at how the he handled the 2013 season

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    From what I can tell, GeauxUL has been civil to the discussion. While the Cajun fan may be misinformed about Tech's "resources" or commitment to this sport or that sport, as long as they contribute respectfully to a conversation, I personally have no problem with the posts.

I hope if I ever felt the urge to post on their fan board, I would be shown the same courtesy.
    He used the wrong acronym for his school in his first post. That's all I needed to see. No need to ever visit their site of lies.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He used the wrong acronym for his school in his first post. That's all I needed to see. No need to ever visit their site of lies.
    +100

+ Reply to Thread