+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Raise your hand if you think Wade Simoneaux is a good coach.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Raise your hand if you think Wade Simoneaux is a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1 View Post
    Will support our recent hire....but gotta agree we may have done better with Deggs...and that from folks in the know at Texas A&M.
    There were a lot of people "in the know" at ULL about Sims too.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If he can win at Cambell he can win here...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I recently spoke with Goff and I came away super impressed. He is very confident in his coaching abilities and cares about well-being of the kids. He will develop these kids into quality young men. Have we had good young men in the past? Absolutely yes, but just on the outside in my opinion for most of them. He will develop kids into young men who generally care about the people they are surrounded by and will be looking to always help the guy next to them, not only in college but also in life. Team orientated guys lead to success. It sounds so cliche, but it is so true. Next year and maybe the next could be rough for the program, but I am confident that he will turn it around and lead this program to new heights. Bulldog Baseball is on the rise with Coach Goff at the helm and we as Louisiana Tech supporters should be thrilled to have him.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post

I recently spoke with Goff and I came away super impressed. He is very confident in his coaching abilities and cares about well-being of the kids. He will develop these kids into quality young men.Have we had good young men in the past? Absolutely yes, but just on the outside in my opinion for most of them. He will develop kids into young men who generally care about the people they are surrounded by and will be looking to always help the guy next to them, not only in college but also in life. Team orientated guys lead to success. It sounds so cliche, but it is so true. Next year and maybe the next could be rough for the program, but I am confident that he will turn it around and lead this program to new heights. Bulldog Baseball is on the rise with Coach Goff at the helm and we as Louisiana Tech supporters should be thrilled to have him.
    Before and after Simoneaux was fired, Tommy repeatedly said that one thing he really respected about Simoneaux was the quality of the young men he'd brought to the program. He often said and says that regardless of what one thought of Simoneaux's coaching abilities, he recruited and cultivated good representatives of Louisiana Tech. Your assessment of "most of" Simoneaux's players seems to be at odds with the opinion of the man who fired Simoneaux.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I'm good with Goff. We don't need anymore ull or quasi-ull in that position. The last one is still leaving a bad smell.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I'm good with Goff. We don't need anymore ull or quasi-ull in that position. The last one is still leaving a bad smell.
    Yep, the extra smell is in West Monroe now.

Sim had some great people playing for him over the years, but I don't believe for a minute that he was recruiting based on character. He admitted himself that he didn't know the players he was recruiting.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Before and after Simoneaux was fired, Tommy repeatedly said that one thing he really respected about Simoneaux was the quality of the young men he'd brought to the program. He often said and says that regardless of what one thought of Simoneaux's coaching abilities, he recruited and cultivated good representatives of Louisiana Tech. Your assessment of "most of" Simoneaux's players seems to be at odds with the opinion of the man who fired Simoneaux.
    Maybe I know more about the team than you're willing to give me credit for. I highly doubt Tommy was around the team on a day to day basis. Just saying.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

TrueBulldog, to know more about the team that you think you're given credit for makes me believe that either you are/were a parent of a player or a personal friend of Wade. I was a parent of a player and got to know most of the players and parents of those players particularly those that played during the last 5 seasons. Of the players and parents I got to know, I was impressed with 95% of them. Sure there will always be a couple of players/parents that "fall short" of whatever bar you're comparing them to, but based on what Maverick said, that Tommy said, I would completely agree that most of the players Simoneaux recruited were good representatives of Louisiana Tech then and now.
    Last edited by LABulldog; 07-23-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I expect an upgrade in coaching and quality of baseball player. Can we leave it at that?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Coach Goff is speaking at the Homer Lions Club tomorrow...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Coach Goff is speaking at the Homer Lions Club tomorrow...
    I heard about that. Maybe you can give us a report.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Maybe I know more about the team than you're willing to give me credit for. I highly doubt Tommy was around the team on a day to day basis. Just saying.
    Maybe you do and maybe you're not the only one. I can assure you Tommy was not around them on a daily basis. But he has resources beyond his own eyes and ears.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Maybe you do and maybe you're not the only one. I can assure you Tommy was not around them on a daily basis. But he has resources beyond his own eyes and ears.
    That we can agree on.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

College athletics, people. If you think any coach "knows who he is recruiting" then you don't have a clue. They gather the best info available regarding their recruits and judge if that kid will hold up his end of the deal. Every sport at every school, INCLUDING LOUSIANA TECH, has kids that make choices some wouldn't be proud of. Simoneaux laid rules and stuck to them as much as any coach I've been around. This discussion is similar to those discussions when a LSU football player gets arrested and everyone blasts their program, like we don't have guys doing the same dumb shit in Ruston. Some of you have blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    College athletics, people. If you think any coach "knows who he is recruiting" then you don't have a clue. They gather the best info available regarding their recruits and judge if that kid will hold up his end of the deal. Every sport at every school, INCLUDING LOUSIANA TECH, has kids that make choices some wouldn't be proud of. Simoneaux laid rules and stuck to them as much as any coach I've been around. This discussion is similar to those discussions when a LSU football player gets arrested and everyone blasts their program, like we don't have guys doing the same dumb shit in Ruston. Some of you have blinders.
    We might have the same "dumb s*$t," but at least they're not dumb kids doing it!

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...Academic-Award

+ Reply to Thread