+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech in Town DAL

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Tech in Town DAL

Any Triple-B'rs going tomorrow?

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech in Town DAL

Me and the wife

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Me and the wife.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

I'll be there with some co-workers.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

BTW, any feedback from last night's event in Ft. Worth?
    Last edited by techfreak; 05-29-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: asking about FTW event

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Good attendance tonight in Dallas. Nate told me we had between 105 and 110 people in attendance. The house was packed. Ryan Moats and his wife (Miss LA Tech 2002) we're also there. Head coaches Holtz, White and Summit each spoke tonight, as well as AD T-Mac and Dr Guice.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed meeting some more experienced dogs last night. The coaches and dr. Guice spoke about growing Tech both academically and athletically. A older gentlemen asked the coaches if they were using Tech as a stepping stone to move on to a bigger school, thank god it ended in a joke or the coaches would have had to deny it and be proved liars down the road. Mrs. Moats brought up a subject that made some a little uncomfortable, diversity. Of course Dr. Guice gave the PC answer. I wish he would have said that hires people based on skills and competence and not skin color or sex. The only way forward is a color blind society where people of either sex succeed based on merit and work ethic alone.

My favorite person last night was Mike White. I got to talk with him and he is a legit great guy and coach. He seems genuinely happy in Ruston and excited about his freshman coming in and of course his team next year. He may stay longer than most on this board think.

Overall, a great time.

I also got to talk to hogdog which was cool to meet people in person and not just the Internet.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good attendance tonight in Dallas. Nate told me we had between 105 and 110 people in attendance. The house was packed. Ryan Moats and his wife (Miss LA Tech 2002) we're also there. Head coaches Holtz, White and Summit each spoke tonight, as well as AD T-Mac and Dr Guice.
    What table were you sitting at? I met some fellow alumns from McKinney but not sure if it was you.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I enjoyed meeting some more experienced dogs last night. The coaches and dr. Guice spoke about growing Tech both academically and athletically. A older gentlemen asked the coaches if they were using Tech as a stepping stone to move on to a bigger school, thank god it ended in a joke or the coaches would have had to deny it and be proved liars down the road. Mrs. Moats brought up a subject that made some a little uncomfortable, diversity. Of course Dr. Guice gave the PC answer. I wish he would have said that hires people based on skills and competence and not skin color or sex. The only way forward is a color blind society where people of either sex succeed based on merit and work ethic alone.

My favorite person last night was Mike White. I got to talk with him and he is a legit great guy and coach. He seems genuinely happy in Ruston and excited about his freshman coming in and of course his team next year. He may stay longer than most on this board think.

Overall, a great time.

I also got to talk to hogdog which was cool to meet people in person and not just the Internet.

Did he say this:

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    What table were you sitting at? I met some fellow alumns from McKinney but not sure if it was you.
    I was sitting at the table closest to the food, of course. :icon_wink:

I enjoyed meeting cscollis and seeing some old friends. And it was great to see Bill Brasky back in THIS country again. Clearly, Tech has a nice foundation of support in Dallas.

LA Tech supporters were crowed around Mike White, Tyler Summit and even T-Mac and Les Guice, all night long. However, Holtz wasn't drawing flies. It was a little embarrassing. I finally went over and visited with Holtz at the end of the night. As always, he was very engaging.

--- Holtz told me DIRECTLY that he hopes to finish 2-4 after the first 6 games, and then 6-2 in conference play after that. So, he's gunning for a 6-6 finish. IMO, if a coach is "hoping" to finish 6-6, then it's going to be a long season.

--- After telling me that this years team will be much better than last years team, Holtz was very complimentary of Ryan Higgins. He insists that Higgins has good feet (something I've noted here on BB&B in the past), and is improving every day. He said that it was just an "unfortunate situation" that caused Higgins to have to play so much as a freshman last year. I was really surprised that Holtz was so quick to blame the QB's, the OL and the WR's for last year's debacle.

--- Holtz said we have 2 really good freshmen QB's coming in, and that Price Wilson can the throw th ball really well. He seemed to be super high on this kid.

--- Holtz also told me that the new QB transfer from Iowa is 6-3, 240, and can RUN the ball very well. Therefore, he intends to run some "option" offenses and "pro style" offenses this fall in hopes of getting Dixon --in conjunction with the Iowa QB transfer-- more involved with our running game. Holtz seemed to be very high on this transfer QB.

This info is straight from the horses mouth.

I was sitting at the table closest to the food, of course. :icon_wink:

I enjoyed meeting cscollis and seeing some old friends. And it was great to see Bill Brasky back in THIS country again. Clearly, Tech has a nice foundation of support in Dallas.
    Interesting, I was at that table as well. Were you wearing a red polo?

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    Interesting, I was at that table as well. Were you wearing a red polo?
    No. I was sitting right next to his wife though. I was wearing a light green shirt. Are you the guy who's wife is from Minden?

No. I was sitting right next to his wife though. I was wearing a light green shirt. Are you the guy who's wife is from Minden?
    No, those were my friends though. I was sitting next to them.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was really surprised that Holtz was so quick to blame the QB's, the OL and the WR's for last year's debacle.
    Yeah, that's SHOCKING!

+ Reply to Thread