+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Louisiana Tech TX plate

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Louisiana Tech TX plate

The state has reworked their deal with the plate company. In order for a plate to stay active and to be minted they have to have 200 active in a year. Tech is currently at 180 plates if anyone is intersted in a new plate.

www.myplates.com/go/ltech

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech TX plate

Grrr. I wish I had registered my car in Texas when I was living there.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Basically I think we have until Nov. to get to 200 to avoid being put on the cut list, and then some time to try and bring it up. We have a ton of alumni in Houston, Dallas, etc I think if there was a concerted marketing push 200 active plates each year would be easy to maintain.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Hey DallasDog, is the Tech plate considered a personalized plate? The reason I ask, I have read many comments online about the cost of Texas personalized plates really going up in costs. Have you seen anything on this yet?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Basically I think we have until Nov. to get to 200 to avoid being put on the cut list, and then some time to try and bring it up. We have a ton of alumni in Houston, Dallas, etc I think if there was a concerted marketing push 200 active plates each year would be easy to maintain.
    Just to clarify, the requirement is for 200 active each year, not 200 new plates each year, correct?

200 active plates is correct, not adding 200 every year.

It is a personalized plate, and they do cost more but judging from what I have paid and what the prices are now they haven't really gone up.

It is $55 a year for the plate is you don't personalize the message.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    200 active plates is correct, not adding 200 every year.

It is a personalized plate, and they do cost more but judging from what I have paid and what the prices are now they haven't really gone up.

It is $55 a year for the plate is you don't personalize the message.
    Yes, this is what I was talking about (bolded). For those that do personalize, it appears that the cost have jumped considerably (from previous years) depending on the type of plate ordered. Here is the link that lists the current Texas prices. http://www.myplates.com/options.aspx

He's Sexy & He Knows It... SWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond reputeSWarner63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Yes, this is what I was talking about (bolded). For those that do personalize, it appears that the cost have jumped considerably (from previous years) depending on the type of plate ordered. Here is the link that lists the current Texas prices. http://www.myplates.com/options.aspx
    Do they have these in Mississippi?

I had a T plate that said LaTech and I paid 155 and that was two years ago, because I have had the Tech plate since the day it was released. I am pretty sure it is still 155 for a year.

I don't think Mississippi does, not sure though. Someone looked into it at one time and said it was quite an ordeal to get one approved there.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Got my plate on Wednesday.

Awesome. I haven't had an update from the company, but I am going to check at the end of the month and see what the number is.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

With as many alums in Texas - disappointed if this doesn't get done - a mere 200 plates.

There is no real advertising about it to alums. Every so often there is something on the alumni website, but it needs to be advertised in a more concerted way.

+ Reply to Thread