+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greatest Moments in Sports' History (for you)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Greatest Moments in Sports' History (for you)

Not asking you to agree or disagree with the ESPY choice. Obviously I LOVED the Saints' moment! More of, post YOUR great moments in sports' history. Include a youtube clip if you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4o0TYyL57c

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Greatest Moments in Sports' History (for you)

I'm not a skier. I'm not much of a winter Olympics fan. But, I can appreciate going for the gold and risking everything to get it.

The 1976 Winter Olympics in Austria and downhill skier Franz Klammer, an Austrian, is sitting in 3rd place, with one last run to go. All he has to do is not fall down and he secures the bronze medal. But, a bronze simply won't do. He goes for gold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYj9kIxAL_o

Jack Nicklaus was present to witness this. Arguably the best golfer ever, and he was quoted as saying afterwards: all my life has been a pursuit to achieve greatness in my sport. I just witnessed perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I was in NOLA when the Saints won the Super Bowl. My gang of 3 attended an "all u can eat, all u can drink" party at the House of Blues. At $100, it was a great deal and it was a great crowd. I met a lady there from Iowa who was a LaTech alum from the New Orleans area. There were lots of "ex pat" Louisianians in town that weekend. If we couldn't be in Miami, we were going to be in New Orleans.

When Tracey Porter stepped in front of that pass and took it to the house, I thought the levees might break! That was my most memorable sports moment.

Greatest moment in football history for sure and up there in all-sports history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Dexwd9wew

+ Reply to Thread