+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spurs

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Spurs

As much as I love basketball, I haven't watched a whole lot of the NBA since the "Decision" and the ascendency of "The Big Three".

But I have been watching the championship series and it has been a blast.

I have been a Popovich fan for several years now, but what he has this Spurs team doing is incredible. They are playing as good a team basketball as I have ever seen at any level.

It is refreshing to see hall of famers blending with youngsters and itenerants with absolutely no ego on display.

It is a beautiful thing to see the individual talents and creativity of the players blended into a perfectly functioning team.

If you have never seen basketball at its best, I would recommend tuning in. It is a clash between the classic and modern styles of playing the game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    As much as I love basketball, I haven't watched a whole lot of the NBA since the "Decision" and the ascendency of "The Big Three".

But I have been watching the championship series and it has been a blast.

I have been a Popovich fan for several years now, but what he has this Spurs team doing is incredible. They are playing as good a team basketball as I have ever seen at any level.

It is refreshing to see hall of famers blending with youngsters and itenerants with absolutely no ego on display.

It is a beautiful thing to see the individual talents and creativity of the players blended into a perfectly functioning team.

If you have never seen basketball at its best, I would recommend tuning in. It is a clash between the classic and modern styles of playing the game.
    I don't consider myself a Spurs fan necessarily, but you're right. The way they play is just incredible.

Teamwork? They're redefining what that means. No one is a ball hog, they all have only one thing in mind - the win, whatever it takes, whoever it takes. You could tell last night when Pop called Genobli back from the scorers table; he didn't complain at all, just sat back down and started cheering his team. It's not about any one player, they leave that behind when they put on the jersey. Simply incredible.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

.... and Leonard is a superstar in the making also without the ego.

The, announcers said he never talks, just plays as coached.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Almost anyone on their team can score, including their bench. When it was "garbage time" at the end of the game last night, the players that never get to play looked pretty good. They beat OKC on the strength of their bench.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the lack of drama. To me, basketball is better when the Heat, Lakers, or other teams with similar egos struggle. Golf is better without Tiger. No drama. Baseball and football don't seem to have as much of an ego problem, maybe due to having more players in the lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I like the lack of drama. To me, basketball is better when the Heat, Lakers, or other teams with similar egos struggle. Golf is better without Tiger. No drama. Baseball and football don't seem to have as much of an ego problem, maybe due to having more players in the lineups.
    I tend to agree. Maybe it is an age thing for me.

The Spurs players have taken the lack of ego thing to extremes though. Check out the relative lack of tats on their players. No problem with tats in general, it just seems that the more that a guy has, the more he is seeking personal attention.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody texted me a stat saying that the Spurs have passed the ball 100 times per game than the Heat.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Somebody texted me a stat saying that the Spurs have passed the ball 100 times per game than the Heat.
    I believe it.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Gregg Popovich has to be the most underrated coach in NBA history. He is about to have his fifth ring, but he is never mentioned with the all time greats simply because he doesn't coach in LA, NY, or Boston. That's a shame.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Pop is one cool dude. Once when a reporter asked a stupid question Pop took the handkerchief out of the reporter's pocket, blew his nose and put it back. Question answered.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs team ethic is what impresses me, and it's very similar to our own. You're gonna win a lot of games with that attitude.

Lebron: "Follow my lead."
    Pops: "Let's do this together."

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

what a beat down

wow

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

What an international squad!

Spurs Roster

11 Jeff Ayres C-F 6-9 250 04/29/1987 Arizona State/USA 3
    16 Aron Baynes F-C 6-10 260 12/09/1986 Washington State/Australia 1
    3 Marco Belinelli G 6-5 210 03/25/1986 Fortitudo Bologna/Italy 6
    15 Matt Bonner F-C 6-10 235 04/05/1980 Florida/USA 9
    23 Austin Daye F 6-11 200 06/05/1988 Gonzaga/USA 4
    33 Boris Diaw F 6-8 250 04/16/1982 Pau Orthez/France 10
    21 Tim Duncan F 6-11 250 04/25/1976 Wake Forest/U.S. Virgin Islands 16
    20 Manu Ginobili G 6-6 205 07/28/1977 Kinder Bologna/Argentina 11
    4 Danny Green G-F 6-6 215 06/22/1987 North Carolina/USA 4
    7 Damion James F 6-7 225 10/07/1987 Texas/USA 3
    5 Cory Joseph G 6-3 190 08/20/1991 Texas/Canada 2
    2 Kawhi Leonard F-G 6-7 230 06/29/1991 San Diego State/USA 2
    8 Patty Mills G 6-0 185 08/11/1988 St. Mary's (CA)/Australia 4
    9 Tony Parker G 6-2 185 05/17/1982 Paris BR/France 12
    22 Tiago Splitter C 6-11 245 01/01/1985 Saski Baskonia/Brazil 3
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Almost anyone on their team can score, including their bench. When it was "garbage time" at the end of the game last night, the players that never get to play looked pretty good. They beat OKC on the strength of their bench.
    That was funny to watch. Their garbage time guys would come in and run the same offense. It wasn't as neat as the starters, but they still looked solid. They knew Popovich would expect them to play decent even if they were up by 50.

When you watch guys from the Spurs team go from non-factors one year to a big part the next, the garbage time guys know they can get a shot at some point. So, play like your supposed to because I bet Pop doesn't forget who was playing correctly and who was donking around.

+ Reply to Thread