+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spurs

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I like the lack of drama. To me, basketball is better when the Heat, Lakers, or other teams with similar egos struggle. Golf is better without Tiger. No drama. Baseball and football don't seem to have as much of an ego problem, maybe due to having more players in the lineups.
    I don't agree. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the no drama team ("good guys") beat up on the drama team ("bad guys"). Every sport needs a heel and a hero. As much as we hate to admit it, we love watching the heels lose as much as we love watching the heroes win. Yankees, Lakers, Heat, etc. make it more interesting when they are at the extremes (really good or really bad). The worst for sports/media is when they are just okay.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I don't agree. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the no drama team ("good guys") beat up on the drama team ("bad guys"). Every sport needs a heel and a hero. As much as we hate to admit it, we love watching the heels lose as much as we love watching the heroes win. Yankees, Lakers, Heat, etc. make it more interesting when they are at the extremes (really good or really bad). The worst for sports/media is when they are just okay.
    I agree. As a fan of professional wrestling over the years, I appreciate a great bad guy or "heel". Having a bad guy in a wrestling match or a football game or a playoff series gives the audience someone or something to root against and allows the audience to become emotionally invested in the good guy's quest to defeat the bad guy. All sports need that great bad guy like the Bad Boys of Detroit in the late 1980s and early 1990s, the U from Miami in the last 80s and 90s, the L.A./Oakland Raiders in the 80s, the New York Yankees, and the Miami Heat in the last four years. We need that one team we can't stand and would pay good money to see humbled on the playing field.

Would San Antonio's 5th title win last night have been less special if they hadn't lost to Miami last year and had the rematch against Miami this year? It would have been a very good story, but not a great one. They had to beat Miami this year in a big way after they lost in the Finals in 2013. It was the perfect story and the perfect ending where the good guys beat the bad guys.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

That was brilliance unlike any I have seen in last 30 or more years.

Let's hope this leads to a renaissance in the way the game is played... the way it is played best.

I could get interested in the NBA again if everyone else starts seeking that standard.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I agree. As a fan of professional wrestling over the years, I appreciate a great bad guy or "heel". Having a bad guy in a wrestling match or a football game or a playoff series gives the audience someone or something to root against and allows the audience to become emotionally invested in the good guy's quest to defeat the bad guy. All sports need that great bad guy like the Bad Boys of Detroit in the late 1980s and early 1990s, the U from Miami in the last 80s and 90s, the L.A./Oakland Raiders in the 80s, the New York Yankees, and the Miami Heat in the last four years. We need that one team we can't stand and would pay good money to see humbled on the playing field.

Would San Antonio's 5th title win last night have been less special if they hadn't lost to Miami last year and had the rematch against Miami this year? It would have been a very good story, but not a great one. They had to beat Miami this year in a big way after they lost in the Finals in 2013. It was the perfect story and the perfect ending where the good guys beat the bad guys.
    It probably would have interested people even more if it would have been a tough series that Spurs edged out, like last year but with the Spurs pulling through. I, however, thoroughly enjoyed that ass whipping, and I thought it was very possible. The Heat were up and down this year and paper thin, winning the E League because every other team stunk in it. The Spurs had a little trouble with Dallas but rolled over a team that is built very similar to the Heat in the Thunder, except the Thunder have a few more scorers and play better straight up D. Miami's trapping defense was exposed by the great passing of the Spurs.

+ Reply to Thread