+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why????

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Why????

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    The thread, If You Want A Thread To Die, was moved to the Alumni Kennel by some smart_ ss Moderator. Then it was moved to the student spirit group. Some Moderator jerk is having fun moving this thread around. Why??????
    This episode in practicality reminds me of the quote "freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one." It is what it is. Even when someone is wrongheaded and wrong hearted they can do like the kid who owns the bat and ball and call the game off just to satisfy their ego. That's just how it is. A forum run with true class would never have let the Spoon thread go where it went in that forum. Yet that thread was actually threatened with being made into a sticky. If that had been a MBB coach issue you can bet it would've been moved. And player's families have been called out here publicly. Those who own the forum have the right to be a bit of a bully and obviously enjoy doing so at times. But I do value BBB tremendously as a source of info on the university and am thankful we have it.

That doesn't answer "why", 70TECHGRAD. For that I'd try the definition of "puffed up":
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/puffed+up

If we don't like it we can start our own message board. But I like BBB, warts and all.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...some folks musta run outta something to bitch about!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I guess for me after the Tulane game last season football was ruined, but the habit of going to the football forum was too strong to kick. So those alternative threads allowed posting in the FB thread without thinking about how low we had sunk.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    We must never allow that to happen!

Viva el BB&B!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Use the "What's New" button and keep up with the movers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Use the "What's New" button and keep up with the movers.
    Hey! How long has that button been there?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

I am not sure whose birthday is today, but on this father’s day we will recognize an individual and his family that is tried and true Lincoln Parish, Ruston and Louisiana Tech.

Born at Lincoln General Hospital and raised on Neal Street, he attended Ruston Elementary School before graduating from Ruston High School and Louisiana Tech University. Even cheering his Bulldogs while in graduate school at LSU.

A quiet lady born in a house at the intersection of Alabama and Everett, his mother retired from Louisiana Tech after working many years in the Library. Helping raise her younger sisters, she was never able to graduate college. Her last name is shared with a creek running north from Ruston, Colvin Creek. She is a founding member of Emanuel Baptist Church. Before learning the Louisiana Tech fight song, the last Saturday of football season you could find him cheering “Go Navy, Beat Army”. His father served in the pacific campaign during War-War II.

His aunts graduated Louisiana Tech in the 1940’s, one having citizens of Ruston pay her tuition (one also graduated High School from Tech when it also housed a 1-12 grade school) throughout. Upon registering for class, Harry Howard always told her that her tuition had already been paid – see below for reason.

His grandfather served as police chief for Ruston during the depression when one of his jobs was to go the train station and say no jobs as trains continued north to El Dorado. Passing away of pneumonia, he left his wife with four young girls. Raising 4 young girls as a widowed mother was only possible due to the generosity of the people of Ruston. The City of Ruston paid her the postage saved to deliver the water bills throughout the city (on foot); she also did the sowing for the Ruston Police Department. She is an original member of Temple Baptist Church.

His great-grandfather is the founder and namesake of Ruston, Robert E. Russ. He is also a decedent of George Lomax, who was a state representative that introduced the legislation creating Louisiana Tech.

A great father who taught me much about life and respecting people, he is known around Haughton Baptist Church for his involvement with youth leading many camping and canoeing trips. Life lessons he taught me and many other contribute greatly to our success. Eccentric, he has had many hobbies but none more than canoeing and triathlons. His latest adventure is mud runs.

His other passion is Louisiana Tech. You will always find him staying for the alma mater and going out to the sounds of the Band of Pride Saturdays during the fall no matter the score or weather. A face for over 40 years in section OO of the Joe, you will seldom find him in Independence Stadium. However, you have seen him waving the Tech blanket at every bulldog and Lady Techsters basketball game. Tech could use many fans like him.

You know him as Russdawg, I know him also as father.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    Thanks for your input as well chip. When I click on a thread titled why???? I expected something of substance. Guess I was wrong and will not bother with this any longer.
    Well, that is a matter of opinion! Everyone has one.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I guess for me after the Tulane game last season football was ruined, but the habit of going to the football forum was too strong to kick. So those alternative threads allowed posting in the FB thread without thinking about how low we had sunk.
    ChipDog "GETS IT"!!! The only forum I want to go on is the FOOTBALL FORUM. There needs to be a thread there where we can talk about things other than football from time to time if we wish. I tried to make "If You Want A Thread To Die" into that type of thread. We can talk about football PLUS anything else. I even put a joke on there once in a while to put smiles on your faces. Then, this crap happens!!!.....Those that understand this thread ....all of a sudden....have to put up with CRAP....I think there is another word for it...CHICKEN _ _ IT!! WHY???????

Green for ChipDog and Russdawg

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Those who own the forum have the right to be a bit of a bully and obviously enjoy doing so at times.
    No one has the right to be a bully. As 70TECHGRAD has stated it's chicken sh*t. I recall the last scene in the movie GOOD MORNING VIET NAM where the general tell the a**hole sergeant "this is just radio and you're mean" and then shipped him off to some god forsaken post.

Hmmmm

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    You can find it by doing an Advanved search in the upper right hand corner at the top of the page. I found it and made the post as follows: A curse be on the Moderator that moved this thread and his family until this thread is moved back to the Blond Bomber Board!!!!!
    Do you realize that if you click on the settings (user CP) option at the top right of your screen, it will show all of the unread threads in which you've posted? There's no need to go searching through different sub-forums for a specific thread when you can access all of your subscribed threads with one click.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

While we're figuring out "Why" let's remember that "Recess at Work Day" is today, June 19.

Unfortunately, "World Productivity Day" is tomorrow, June 20. Celebrating that would make it harder to keep up with BBB news.

What you got for us, Sportdog?

No one ever answered WHY!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Why not?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread