+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Schedule

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

2014-2015 Schedule

Coach Summitt mentioned on a radio interview earlier this week that the Techsters would be playing 2 SEC teams on the road this year; however, he did not mention names. I would guess that 1 of them would be LSU. Anyone heard any thing about this year's schedule? I think because of the new conference schedule (19 games), there will only be about 10 non-conference games unless we play in some sort of preseason tournament.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

Re: 2014-2015 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Coach Summitt mentioned on a radio interview earlier this week that the Techsters would be playing 2 SEC teams on the road this year; however, he did not mention names. I would guess that 1 of them would be LSU. Anyone heard any thing about this year's schedule? I think because of the new conference schedule (19 games), there will only be about 10 non-conference games unless we play in some sort of preseason tournament.
    If I had to guess I'd go with LSU and either Miss. State or Ole Miss. Even though we played well against South Carolina last season, I hope we don't play them again this year. They will be scary good! I can't wait for the schedule to be released.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    If I had to guess I'd go with LSU and either Miss. State or Ole Miss. Even though we played well against South Carolina last season, I hope we don't play them again this year. They will be scary good! I can't wait for the schedule to be released.
    You are correct, South Carolina is definetly a final four caliber team. We played at Ole Miss last year, so hopefully they or Virginia will come to the TAC this year. We did not play Miss. State last year, so of course they may be on the schedule. I was kinda hoping for some new rivalries to form. I would like to play Alabama (because of Kristie Curry) or maybe Auburn.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

i just don't want to see a repeat of last season when the girls had (I think) like 3 straight road games vs. big conference schools

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    i just don't want to see a repeat of last season when the girls had (I think) like 3 straight road games vs. big conference schools
    Agree. That set the tone for the whole season. I can't help but think we would have won at least a couple more without those initial crushing blows.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Agree. That set the tone for the whole season. I can't help but think we would have won at least a couple more without those initial crushing blows.
    Maybe, but we should be more mentally tough and be able to overcome those especially since they were early. I don't think those losses caused us to lose games we should have won like Nicholls State and McNeese State.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

So CTS inherited this 2014-15 schedule, correct? No changes made since he took the helm?

Looking ahead to 2015-16, I expect CTS will configure a schedule to address these 5 goals (and I'm sure y'all can think of others):
    ...1) increase revenues
    ...2) get on national TV to broaden the program's footprint and raise its public profile
    ...3) annually schedule top quality opponents early so the players understand where the bar is set for championship-quality performance
    ...4) raise avg home game attendance above 4,000
    ...5) qualify for the NCAA Tournament

Several goals can be achieved with one stone, like scheduling Tennessee. Games in big venues, like +21K seat Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, can cover much of a team's financial needs for a season. Many Lady Vol games--but especially the return of CTS to Knoxville--will garner ESPN nationwide coverage. I think ESPN would love for it to become an annual event, sort of a benchmark game for gauging Tyler's progress--and for feeding the rumor mill in the future. For now, the Summitt name will attract a wider audience than LaTech's name, which is all ESPN cares about. But if he's successful, that will change!

His Mom always played the nation's toughest schedule, even after conference play started. It proved to the players what they were still lacking. It also put them on TV with a big audience, which always helps recruiting.

Also, if this year's team shows disciplined play, steady improvement, and if recruiting goes well... with the Marquette transfers eligible next season, look for LaTech to get some pre-season tournament invitations in 2015. I think I'm more excited about this than football season starting!

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    So CTS inherited this 2014-15 schedule, correct? No changes made since he took the helm?

Looking ahead to 2015-16, I expect CTS will configure a schedule to address these 5 goals (and I'm sure y'all can think of others):
    ...1) increase revenues
    ...2) get on national TV to broaden the program's footprint and raise its public profile
    ...3) annually schedule top quality opponents early so the players understand where the bar is set for championship-quality performance
    ...4) raise avg home game attendance above 4,000
    ...5) qualify for the NCAA Tournament

Several goals can be achieved with one stone, like scheduling Tennessee. Games in big venues, like +21K seat Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, can cover much of a team's financial needs for a season. Many Lady Vol games--but especially the return of CTS to Knoxville--will garner ESPN nationwide coverage. I think ESPN would love for it to become an annual event, sort of a benchmark game for gauging Tyler's progress--and for feeding the rumor mill in the future. For now, the Summitt name will attract a wider audience than LaTech's name, which is all ESPN cares about. But if he's successful, that will change!

His Mom always played the nation's toughest schedule, even after conference play started. It proved to the players what they were still lacking. It also put them on TV with a big audience, which always helps recruiting.

Also, if this year's team shows disciplined play, steady improvement, and if recruiting goes well... with the Marquette transfers eligible next season, look for LaTech to get some pre-season tournament invitations in 2015. I think I'm more excited about this than football season starting!
    The schedule for the 2014-2015 season is not complete. According to the basketball travelers scheduling board, Tech is looking for one more game.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

The schedule for the 2014-2015 season is not complete. According to the basketball travelers scheduling board, Tech is looking for one more game.
    Can you tell us anything? Is it date-specific? Before or after conference play begins?

I am woefully ignorant about CUSA women's basketball. What are LaTech's available pathways to the NCAA? What are the most likely or predictable roadblocks for the next two years?

Thank you for any schedule edumacation you can learn at me! :icon_wink:

Can you tell us anything? Is it date-specific? Before or after conference play begins?

I am woefully ignorant about CUSA women's basketball. What are LaTech's available pathways to the NCAA? What are the most likely or predictable roadblocks for the next two years?

Thank you for any schedule edumacation you can learn at me! :icon_wink:
    The scheduling states they are looking for a non-conference game between the dates of dec. 19-22. I am not 100% sure, but I think CUSA will play 19 conference games which leaves about 10 non-conference games unless we are part of a MTE (multi team event). UTEP, Middle Tenn, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion will all be difficult teams. However, that said a number of players who gave the Techsters trouble in conference USA last year have either graduated or transferred to other schools. Everyone really kinda comes in even. If Coach Summitt and the staff can get much improved play out of Langston and Moten in the post we may surprise a number of teams.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The scheduling states they are looking for a non-conference game between the dates of dec. 19-22. I am not 100% sure, but I think CUSA will play 19 conference games which leaves about 10 non-conference games unless we are part of a MTE (multi team event). UTEP, Middle Tenn, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion will all be difficult teams. However, that said a number of players who gave the Techsters trouble in conference USA last year have either graduated or transferred to other schools. Everyone really kinda comes in even. If Coach Summitt and the staff can get much improved play out of Langston and Moten in the post we may surprise a number of teams.
    While not exactly official yet, the C-USA men are supposedly playing an 18-game conference slate.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    While not exactly official yet, the C-USA men are supposedly playing an 18-game conference slate.
    I haven't seen anything final either, but I am just about 100% sure the number of games will be an even number to have equal home and road games.

Ncaa Re: 2014-2015 Schedule

So which is LaTech's best route into the NCAA Tourney: regular season C-USA champs, 20+ wins with a statement game, or C-USA tourney champs?

I'm not predicting anything, or wanting to raise unrealistic expectations for Season 1... just wanting to be a better-informed fan.
    (And shame on anyone who replies "All of the above.")

So which is LaTech's best route into the NCAA Tourney: regular season C-USA champs, 20+ wins with a statement game, or C-USA tourney champs?

I'm not predicting anything, or wanting to raise unrealistic expectations for Season 1... just wanting to be a better-informed fan.
    (And shame on anyone who replies "All of the above.")
    I think that the best route would be to win the CUSA tournament.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

I think that the best route would be to win the CUSA tournament.
    Agree. While it's not unprecedented for a 20+ win CUSA team to get an invite, it's not particularly common either. A regular season champ would more than likely get a WNIT invite but would have to do something very special to get an NCAA invite. Unfortunately, CUSA is just not strong enough overall to get much of a look when they are handing out at large bids.

+ Reply to Thread