+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 Schedule

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2014-2015 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    Agree. While it's not unprecedented for a 20+ win CUSA team to get an invite, it's not particularly common either. A regular season champ would more than likely get a WNIT invite but would have to do something very special to get an NCAA invite. Unfortunately, CUSA is just not strong enough overall to get much of a look when they are handing out at large bids.
    We have to move our rpi up again with OOC games, like we used to do. That is sometimes tough to do, but we managed in the past to do that in a weaker conference.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Middle Tennessee had a 29-4 record, won the C-USA regular season championship, won the C-USA Tournament, was ranked #22 in the nation, and had an RPI of 17... but got an 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament...

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Thank you all. Great information. As always, I am smarter for time spent in your presence.

So I'm getting the picture. Even with graduations, MTSU has an excellent staff top-to-bottom, with Brewton and now the return of Tom Hodges to coach post players. I also noticed an incoming MTSU forward got MVP honors at the Tennessee-Georgia HS All-Star game. But the Tenn all stars had four 6'+ players to Georgia's one. MVP Rebecca Reuter scored 12 points and had 7 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and 2 assists in a 60-31 blowout. http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/...georgia-stars/

With their staff against ours, it looks like a natural rivalry. MTSU must battle nearby KY and UT for top recruits, just as LaTech must recruit against LSU and TA&M.

Hope the game date allows me to attend our game at MTSU. It's only an hour away (but 3 hours returning--time zone change). I did graduate work there back when it had 18,000 fewer students. MTSU is now the largest university in Tennessee. All the demographics are blowing MTSU a favoring wind, should KY or UT suffer a tumultuous drop.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Thank you all. Great information. As always, I am smarter for time spent in your presence.

So I'm getting the picture. Even with graduations, MTSU has an excellent staff top-to-bottom, with Brewton and now the return of Tom Hodges to coach post players. I also noticed an incoming MTSU forward got MVP honors at the Tennessee-Georgia HS All-Star game. But the Tenn all stars had four 6'+ players to Georgia's one. MVP Rebecca Reuter scored 12 points and had 7 rebounds, 2 blocked shots and 2 assists in a 60-31 blowout. http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/...georgia-stars/

With their staff against ours, it looks like a natural rivalry. MTSU must battle nearby KY and UT for top recruits, just as LaTech must recruit against LSU and TA&M.

Hope the game date allows me to attend our game at MTSU. It's only an hour away (but 3 hours returning--time zone change). I did graduate work there back when it had 18,000 fewer students. MTSU is now the largest university in Tennessee. All the demographics are blowing MTSU a favoring wind, should KY or UT suffer a tumultuous drop.
    You're so polite that sometimes I wonder if I've logged into the wrong board

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You're so polite that sometimes I wonder if I've logged into the wrong board
    LOL! My sponsor recommended that I join here to complete Step Five of the Cyber Boors Anonymous program.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget Baylor......

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Looks like they have been reading our press releases.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

I know where we will be Dec. 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I know where we will be Dec. 20.
    Congrats on winning the Away Game Lottery, Brad!

Objectively speaking... Tennessee-Chattanooga would be a good candidate for the LaTech pre-conference rota. Excellent coach, and the team's play has historically been similar in style to MTSU. [insert biased, self-serving smilie icon]

...MTSU has an excellent staff top-to-bottom, with Brewton and now the return of Tom Hodges to coach post players.
    I'm guessing our program's first major hurdle/goal is catching MTSU and winning the CUSA title. That's gonna be tough, as the Lady Raider's program is still ascending. MTSU just lost an excellent assistant (Mariska Harris) but quickly replaced her with a former Lady Vol who assisted at KY for the past five years.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/77478

It's a glowing article about Shalon Pillows, but ya gotta wonder why Mitchell at (declining) KY released her from his staff. As an assistant coach, Pillows was known for her work ethic, but she's been coaching in one position or another since 2003. Her specialties are post-players (already well-covered by MTSU's staff) and academics. Nevertheless, her recruiting contacts should be invaluable in MTSU's quest to get to the next level.

I guess the reality check is... we're chasing a moving target that has momentum and focus. It may take awhile.

I'm guessing our program's first major hurdle/goal is catching MTSU and winning the CUSA title. That's gonna be tough, as the Lady Raider's program is still ascending. MTSU just lost an excellent assistant (Mariska Harris) but quickly replaced her with a former Lady Vol who assisted at KY for the past five years.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/77478

It's a glowing article about Shalon Pillows, but ya gotta wonder why Mitchell at (declining) KY released her from his staff. As an assistant coach, Pillows was known for her work ethic, but she's been coaching in one position or another since 2003. Her specialties are post-players (already well-covered by MTSU's staff) and academics. Nevertheless, her recruiting contacts should be invaluable in MTSU's quest to get to the next level.

I guess the reality check is... we're chasing a moving target that has momentum and focus. It may take awhile.

Last year, it was a one point lead at half time and they ended up beating us 68-51. It was close until the last 10 minutes, like many of our losses. We certainly had the talent to beat them on the floor. They had the better plan and executed it well. I don't think they are that far above us right now, unless they are much better this year. If Tyler had been coaching, I suspect we would have won that one.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Last year, it was a one point lead at half time and they ended up beating us 68-51. It was close until the last 10 minutes, like many of our losses. We certainly had the talent to beat them on the floor. They had the better plan and executed it well. I don't think they are that far above us right now, unless they are much better this year. If Tyler had been coaching, I suspect we would have won that one.
    If we would have had Wingate and Shelton, we would have definatly won that one!
    And this year we will take them on their home court!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    If we would have had Wingate and Shelton, we would have definatly won that one!
    And this year we will take them on their home court!
    I agree.... Shelton made a HUGE impact in the CUSA tournament - one that we could have won, but our seeding gave us too many games due to having to play too many games in that number of days.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Jan. 24, 2015: RICE
    Jan. 29, 2015: at Western Kentucky

+ Reply to Thread