+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Want A Thread To Die II

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: If You Want A Thread To Die II

It's WONDERFUL to have this thread back to build and maintain comraderie among Tech fans!! There's something about a brotherhood among Dawg followers that really keeps me excited about our university. SO TICKLED that 70TECHGRAD is back in business.

So many things related to Louisiana Tech to be grateful for, might be good to list some:
    • Tech people (like in this thread) are so awesome and classy (well, most of us)
    • Friends from our days at Tech we've stayed in touch with, like Dawgsince65 and a number of others
    • Nights in Joe Aillet Stadium
    • ROAD TRIPS TO FOOTBALL GAMES
    • Sons who share my love for Louisiana Tech
    • THE ENERGY IN MBB RIGHT NOW
    • Our alma mater
    • Fight, fight, fight for old red and blue...
    • Our school colors
    • Michael White
    • Those Exit 84 signs that remind me I'm comin' home
    • BEING SO VERY GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR BEING A BULLDOG!!!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Today's birthday boy is the second black American Supreme Court justice. He had a "Hill" to climb to survive an attack by hypocritical Democrats (there I go with another redundancy, sorry), he's a southerner, and when he thinks about his childhood Georgia is on his mind. Our conservative friend in DC is 65 today!!

And...for history buffs, major WWII events from June 22:

Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa. (basically a blunder that led to Hitler losing the war)

World War II: The Battle of Okinawa ends when the organized resistance of Imperial Japanese Army forces collapses in the Mabuni area on the southern tip of the main island. (Providing naval support here on a destroyer was Ruston's Harold Covington, my Dad.)

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Well, the asshole moderator moved this thread!!!!!! All I can say is: F _ _ K you to whoever moved it!!!! I can no longer put up with this BULLS _ _ T!!!!! I'm outta here!!!!!

Today is "Stupid Guy Thing Day." Now THAT is a redundancy for sure!!

In honor of 70TECHGRAD here's 10 more things related to Louisiana Tech to be grateful for in addition to those above:
    • Mr. Dave Nitz
    • Sitting in JAS late in the evening in the cool fall air watching the sunset colors light up the pines north of the stadium
    • Terry Bradshaw's enthusiasm and loyalty to his alma mater
    • Still having prayer before ballgames
    • THE HOOP TROOP
    • Fans who display Tech gear (Saw license plate and tshirt in Bastrop Fri; polo in Dick's Spt Goods Sat; logo polo at church Sun; tshirt in spin class this morning
    • Paul Millsap Vision board and the generosity of Mr. Millsap
    • Student faithfuls like BlueDawg, and JustinCad before that, and Abominable Gorilla before that. Thank you!!
    • SECTION 00
    • Cane's Challenge buy one/get one free and the atmosphere there after another Bulldog win!!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Well, the asshole moderator moved this thread!!!!!! All I can say is: F _ _ K you to whoever moved it!!!! I can no longer put up with this BULLS _ _ T!!!!! I'm outta here!!!!!
    I am not a moderator, but why do you think you have the right to have this thread in the football forum?

It appears that it has been appropriately placed to my uneducated eyes.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I am not a moderator, but why do you think you have the right to have this thread in the football forum?

Why is BTE there except the moderators want it there?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Guess you would have to ask them, but I have seen a number of misplaced threads moved out of football over the years. There have been many times that I would have liked to post some basketball news in the football forum because of the traffic, but didn't.

Doesn't seem unusual at all for them to move it to me... and I don't expect cursing the moderators would ever help the cause.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    DDUUUHHH.... it's very relevant to Football.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

You guys are getting awfully worked up over a thread on an internet message board.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the old thread under the women's basketball.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

This thread was like a Super Wal-Mart. Do everything at one place. You could stay on the football thread and get information or a laugh without going to another forum. Just like the previous thread (If You Want A Thread To Die). This is a thread where you can ask other posters in certain areas where to go and eat, where to shop, where to take your kids in that area, etc. And, you can talk about whatever is on your mind. Are you having problems with something and don't know how to fix it??? Maybe someone on here can help. This is a FUN, INFORMATIONAL thread.
    However, a jerk, unprofessional Moderator keeps moving this thread and the "If You Want A Thread To Die" thread around to different forums!

Guess you would have to ask them, but I have seen a number of misplaced threads moved out of football over the years. There have been many times that I would have liked to post some basketball news in the football forum because of the traffic, but didn't.

Doesn't seem unusual at all for them to move it to me... and I don't expect cursing the moderators would ever help the cause.
    Cursing the Moderators got me in trouble. But, I had to get their attention somehow. I wasn't professional because they weren't being professional!!!!!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm not a moderator and I don't have a strong feeling about these threads one way or the other.

But, I respectfully submit that you might be confusing you opinion of these threads with the actual purpose of these threads.

The actual purpose of "If You Want a Thread to Die" was to tell people how to let a thread disappear. Saying that the thread can't be hijacked ignores the fact that it was, you know, hijacked years ago, and has been re-hijacked several times since. Having a place to make random comments is the reason that the "Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread" thread was created 7 years ago.

I can tell that you're upset about this, I just don't know why. Seems like much ado about nothing.

+ Reply to Thread