View Poll Results: If LaTech wins the C-USA championship, which bowl would you want?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mexico Bowl (Saturday, Dec. 20 vs. Mountain West)

1 1.19%
  • Boca Raton Bowl (Tuesday, Dec. 23 vs. MAC)

1 1.19%
  • Bahamas Bowl (Wednesday, Dec. 24 vs. MAC)

5 5.95%
  • Hawai'i Bowl (Wednesday, Dec. 24 vs. Mountain West)

1 1.19%
  • Heart of Dallas Bowl (Friday, Dec. 26 vs. 6-6 Big Ten)

74 88.10%
  • Independence Bowl (Dec. vs. 6-6 ACC)

2 2.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's say LaTech wins the 2014 C-USA Championship

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Let's say LaTech wins the 2014 C-USA Championship

and isn't selected for a host bowl (Fiesta, Cotton, Peach).

Under the new C-USA rules, the conference champion gets to choose which C-USA bowl to participate in.

Which would you choose?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: Let's say LaTech wins the 2014 C-USA Championship

A location that fans can travel to and have a good time and the team can play a school from a P5 member?

Easy vote for Heart of Dallas to me.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    A location that fans can travel to and have a good time and the team can play a school from a P5 member?

Easy vote for Heart of Dallas to me.
    Agree.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Voted for Dallas, in the interest and ease of attendance of a Lot of Bulldog fans. FWIW, and interesting, The New Orleans Bowl, is a CUSA bowl game, and should be on the ballot, if a NON-Cusa bowl, AKA: the Independence Bowl is on it. I tell you what,... the New Orleans Bowl, will be a great fan experience. The biggest objection, for quite a few posters on the board, would be playing a Sunbelt team. It is a choice, however.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Voted for Dallas, in the interest and ease of attendance of a Lot of Bulldog fans. FWIW, and interesting, The New Orleans Bowl, is a CUSA bowl game, and should be on the ballot, if a NON-Cusa bowl, AKA: the Independence Bowl is on it. I tell you what,... the New Orleans Bowl, will be a great fan experience. The biggest objection, for quite a few posters on the board, would be playing a Sunbelt team. It is a choice, however.
    I'd love to go to the New Orleans bowl, but I am sure the Cajuns won't be looking for a repeat of the beat down we will be giving them earlier in the year.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Nope. The NO Bowl is not a C-USA bowl this year. C-USA has a backup tie-in to the Independence Bowl if the SEC or ACC doesn't qualify, and I'm pretty confident the SEC won't have an available team for the Indy Bowl. C-USA has the 5 primary tie-ins and 1 backup tie-in that are listed in the poll.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It would be soooo funny to see the Independence Bowl get the 6th place C-USA team, with Tech being in the Dallas bowl.

We need to make that Dallas bowl our home away from home.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    We need to make that Dallas bowl our home away from home.
    This^^^^!!!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

yeah--Dallas. we have solid fan base at Army game and great support from Texas alum. We also get a fair amount of talent from Texas and exposure would mean something. We do not get recruits from any of the other spots accept Shreveport and those young men would be more impressed with Dallas bowl.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nope. The NO Bowl is not a C-USA bowl this year. C-USA has a backup tie-in to the Independence Bowl if the SEC or ACC doesn't qualify, and I'm pretty confident the SEC won't have an available team for the Indy Bowl. C-USA has the 5 primary tie-ins and 1 backup tie-in that are listed in the poll.
    This is why I brought it up. According to sources, looked up bowl schedule, it says CUSA vs Sunbelt SAme day as New Mexico Bowl. Where did you find out this new find, that CuSA is not involved with N.O. Bowl? I would LOVE for Tech to take over New Orleans.

This is why I brought it up. According to sources, looked up bowl schedule, it says CUSA vs Sunbelt SAme day as New Mexico Bowl. Where did you find out this new find, that CuSA is not involved with N.O. Bowl? I would LOVE for Tech to take over New Orleans.
    ConferenceUSA.com:
    http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/...rtners-14.html

C-USA will play in the NO Bowl... just not this season.

C-USA has 8 primary tie-ins and 2 secondary tie-ins that will rotate over this next 6-year period, but C-USA will likely only have 5 primary tie-ins per season.

Future seasons will involve Miami, St. Pete, and New Orleans. The other secondary tie-in is for the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth.

Eek Re: Let's say LaTech wins the 2014 C-USA Championship

[QUOTE=metrydawg;1439364]This is why I brought it up. According to sources, looked up bowl schedule, it says CUSA vs Sunbelt SAme day as New Mexico Bowl.After reading your poll/and thread, I was curious of why the N.O Bowl was left off. Then, I happened to look up CUSA Official web page. http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif Now, aggravated, Tech is finally in Cusa, I Live in a suburb of New Orleans, and the game would be on my day off Saturday, Cusa always in N.O. bowl, now CUSA conveniently isn't. I was looking forward to the day, when Tech would take over the city, and be a part of it, with a swarm of blue. Such as life, I, do, however, appreciate that you showed the true bowl picture concerning LA Tech. The big picture, would be for Tech in the best possible bowl, with the best possible opponent. Go bulldogs!

ConferenceUSA.com:
    http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/...rtners-14.html

C-USA will play in the NO Bowl... just not this season.

C-USA has 8 primary tie-ins and 2 secondary tie-ins that will rotate over this next 6-year period, but C-USA will likely only have 5 primary tie-ins per season.

Future seasons will involve Miami, St. Pete, and New Orleans. The other secondary tie-in is for the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth.
    Thanks Dawg06 for the update! There is still a chance in the future. Seems that things are changing, at the drop of a hat these days.

Thanks Dawg06 for the update! There is still a chance in the future. Seems that things are changing, at the drop of a hat these days.
    Specific bowl details are murky beyond 2014 because the bowl situation appears fluid. But from what I've seen, C-USA is supposed to play in New Orleans 3 times from 2015 to 2019.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Specific bowl details are murky beyond 2014 because the bowl situation appears fluid. But from what I've seen, C-USA is supposed to play in New Orleans 3 times from 2015 to 2019.
    Personally, I love N.O., but could care less about the N.O. Bowl. It is now known as the Sun Belt bowl and a VERY minor bowl leading up to the Sugar Bowl. In New Orleans, they look at it as the prelude to a real bowl. ULL has done this one over and over and pack it, but it is considered minor league until the big game. Give me the Heart of Dallas.

+ Reply to Thread