+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflective of having worst POTUS ever...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Reflective of having worst POTUS ever...

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    That's interesting. If your religion is based on direct spiritual experiences, does faith come into play at all? And how do you recognize a spiritual experience when you experience one?
    Faith in what?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Apparently drugs have been a big part of our experiences.
    Why do you say "apparently"?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Faith in what?
    answer my second question

answer my second question
    Can you preface that with "Pretty please with sugar on top"?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Can you preface that with "Pretty please with sugar on top"?

You scared of my follow up question that's coming?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if God shares your sentiments?
    Just another reason you never saw conservatives rioting or needed safe rooms and classes canceled when Obama was President.

Daniel said, "Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him.
    21"It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.
    22"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him.…

http://biblehub.com/daniel/2-21.htm

New American Standard 1977
    “And it is He who changes the times and the epochs;
    He removes kings and establishes kings;
    He gives wisdom to wise men,
    And knowledge to men of understanding.

And for the snowflakes, rioters and Hillary lovers see below.

Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God.

You scared of my follow up question that's coming?

Not really. I just didn't care your command prose.

Not really. I just didn't care your command prose.
    Fine. If you answer my second question instead of ignoring it, I'll answer your question about faith.

Fine. If you answer my second question instead of ignoring it, I'll answer your question about faith.
    I kmow I'm having a spiritual experience because (1) the subject matter has some connection to the spiritual and (2) it feels like a hundred volts of electricity is going through my body.

I kmow I'm having a spiritual experience because (1) the subject matter has some connection to the spiritual and (2) it feels like a hundred volts of electricity is going through my body.
    That is interesting. So, to answer your question...you must have faith in the spiritual world (or whatever you want to call it)...because:

1) a sensation of a hundred volts of electricity running through your body can be explained by any one of a multitude of physiological conditions of the central nervous system, including many brought on by something as simple as stress. Just one example... Google Lhermitte's Sign and its association with MS.
    2) what evidence exists that an experience you have has any connection to the spiritual? How do you define "spiritual"? If there is no tangible evidence, then it must be something in which you believe, i.e. "faith".

Furthermore, if you have faith that 1 and 2 are elements of a spiritual experience:

1) how is that any different than someone having faith in God?
    2) what evidence do you have that these spiritual manifestations of yours are not of God and you just aren't recognizing Him, or are just flat out denying Him? Maybe God is trying to get your attention.

It seems to me...pending reading your definition of "spiritual", that God is a perfectly plausible source of your spiritual experiences, if they are in fact spiritual. I certainly can explain away, quite easily, what you described, clinically...and that is where the faith part comes into play. You have faith that what you are experiencing is spiritual. But what is it? What is the source? You have no evidence that it isn't God. God is, in fact, the most logical explanation. You have halfway accepted it just by accepting and having faith in things spiritual. You just haven't accepted Him.

No offense meant by the way. Just my opinion.

That is interesting. So, to answer your question...you must have faith in the spiritual world (or whatever you want to call it)...because:

1) a sensation of a hundred volts of electricity running through your body can be explained by any one of a multitude of physiological conditions of the central nervous system, including many brought on by something as simple as stress. Just one example... Google Lhermitte's Sign and its association with MS.
    2) what evidence exists that an experience you have has any connection to the spiritual? How do you define "spiritual"? If there is no tangible evidence, then it must be something in which you believe, i.e. "faith".

Furthermore, if you have faith that 1 and 2 are elements of a spiritual experience:

1) how is that any different than someone having faith in God?
    2) what evidence do you have that these spiritual manifestations of yours are not of God and you just aren't recognizing Him, or are just flat out denying Him? Maybe God is trying to get your attention.

It seems to me...pending reading your definition of "spiritual", that God is a perfectly plausible source of your spiritual experiences, if they are in fact spiritual. I certainly can explain away, quite easily, what you described, clinically...and that is where the faith part comes into play. You have faith that what you are experiencing is spiritual. But what is it? What is the source? You have no evidence that it isn't God. God is, in fact, the most logical explanation. You have halfway accepted it just by accepting and having faith in things spiritual. You just haven't accepted Him.

No offense meant by the way. Just my opinion.
    Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Nope, faith has nothing to do with it. Maybe my spiritual experiences are just some delusions or chemical interactions or disease manifestation. Who knows for sure. I really don't care what the source is. The question is what spiritual knowledge can I obtain from them. That is the difficult part., maybe impossible.

BTW, I view spiritual as being core element of the natural world and as nothing to do with a belief in the supernatural.

Here's a question for you: Is the universe finite or infinite?

Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Nope, faith has nothing to do with it. Maybe my spiritual experiences are just some delusions or chemical interactions or disease manifestation. Who knows for sure. I really don't care what the source is. The question is what spiritual knowledge can I obtain from them. That is the difficult part., maybe impossible.

BTW, I view spiritual as being core element of the natural world and as nothing to do with a belief in the supernatural.

Here's a question for you: Is the universe finite or infinite?
    Definition of faith

plural faiths

play\ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
    • 1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty lost faith in the company's presidentb (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions acted in good faith
    • 2a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religionb (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
    • 3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

Faith absolutely has everything to do with it...unless you selectively make a part of the definition work for your purposes. My references to faith are more general in terms of believing in something without tangible proof of its existence. But thanks for answering my question...and I mean that in all sincerity.

As for your universe question...I have no idea for certain. Nor does the answer matter to me. But, I believe that God is not in, part of, limited by, or in any way subject to the universe. He created it. He is beyond it. He has authority over it. In a similar fashion that the people who designed and built the computer I am using are also not in, part of, or limited by my computer. I would want to say that the universe is infinite...but according to the big bang theory, I would imagine that it may be finite, yet continually expanding. What then would be beyond those boundaries? I have no idea. If it is true, then what exploded, where did it come from, and where did the space come from in which the universe expanded? I have no idea if God made the universe infinite or finite. I'll ask Him one day. But whatever the answer is...I don't require knowledge of it. It doesn't affect my faith. That is the nature of faith.

What do you think? Is it infinite or finite?

Definition of faith

plural faiths

play\ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
    • 1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty lost faith in the company's presidentb (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions acted in good faith
    • 2a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religionb (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
    • 3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

Faith absolutely has everything to do with it...unless you selectively make a part of the definition work for your purposes. My references to faith are more general in terms of believing in something without tangible proof of its existence. But thanks for answering my question...and I mean that in all sincerity.

As for your universe question...I have no idea for certain. Nor does the answer matter to me. But, I believe that God is not in, part of, limited by, or in any way subject to the universe. He created it. He is beyond it. He has authority over it. In a similar fashion that the people who designed and built the computer I am using are also not in, part of, or limited by my computer. I would want to say that the universe is infinite...but according to the big bang theory, I would imagine that it may be finite, yet continually expanding. What then would be beyond those boundaries? I have no idea. If it is true, then what exploded, where did it come from, and where did the space come from in which the universe expanded? I have no idea if God made the universe infinite or finite. I'll ask Him one day. But whatever the answer is...I don't require knowledge of it. It doesn't affect my faith. That is the nature of faith.

What do you think? Is it infinite or finite?
    Scientists that study such matters say that there is a 97% probability that the universe in infinite. Of course, with all the speculation about multiple universes you would think that the question really isn't that important any more.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My brother was trying to woo (woo? ya know, get into the pants of) some very (and I mean VERY) attractive woman, who was working on her masters' degree at the same time he was. She loved to spend hours "arguing" different things, one of which was whether the universe was finite or not. So! my bro and I are heading to meet this woman, and her equally gorgeous friend, for a double date, starting out at Happy Hour at a pub where university "intellectuals" hung out to pretend they actually might know something. On the way over, my brother made the mistake of asking me NOT to bring up that finite/infinite universe subject, and for Pete's sake, whatever I did, do not take the opposite side of the argument from her. I assured him I had no interest in that subject anyway.

So! the four of us are sitting at a table, enjoying some European dark beer on tap, and whoops! I let it slip out... (I'm a bad boy....)

Maybe...4...no, 5 hours later, we were ready to move on to new confines and topics.

Scientists that study such matters say that there is a 97% probability that the universe in infinite. Of course, with all the speculation about multiple universes you would think that the question really isn't that important any more.
    I asked what you think. There were points in history during which scientists gave a 97% probability that the earth was flat, that planets orbited the earth, that living organisms generated spontaneously, etc., etc...

+ Reply to Thread