+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflective of having worst POTUS ever...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Reflective of having worst POTUS ever...

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I asked what you think. There were points in history during which scientists gave a 97% probability that the earth was flat, that planets orbited the earth, that living organisms generated spontaneously, etc., etc...
    I think that the universe is infinite because the expansion of space had to be instantaneous in order for the Big Bang to evolve into what we observe today. The 97% probability number comes from a satellite mapping the after-glow of matter distribution after the Big Bang. Scientists and their tools are a lot more capable than in years past

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I think that the universe is infinite because the expansion of space had to be instantaneous in order for the Big Bang to evolve into what we observe today. The 97% probability number comes from a satellite mapping the after-glow of matter distribution after the Big Bang. Scientists and their tools are a lot more capable than in years past
    cool. So what exactly do you think exploded? And where did it come from? And where did the energy from the explosion come from? And where did the space it exploded into come from?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

cool. So what exactly do you think exploded? And where did it come from? And where did the energy from the explosion come from? And where did the space it exploded into come from?
    You sure ask a lot of questions.

The Big Bang was the result of all the energy of the universe being store in a space the size of a refrigerator. As to your other questions, we may never know the answers but it is really too early to say it is unsolvable given the progress in this area over the last 100 years.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

You sure ask a lot of questions.

The Big Bang was the result of all the energy of the universe being store in a space the size of a refrigerator. As to your other questions, we may never know the answers but it is really too early to say it is unsolvable given the progress in this area over the last 100 years.
    Most scientists say the size of a dot or an atom. But neither you nor they actually know if that is true. And it still doesn't explain the beginning. You have faith that it does though.

The reason I am asking these questions is to try and point out to you that, while you think you are certain about the nonexistence of God, you actually aren't certain about any of these things.

Most scientists say the size of a dot or an atom. But neither you nor they actually know if that is true. And it still doesn't explain the beginning. You have faith that it does though.

The reason I am asking these questions is to try and point out to you that, while you think you are certain about the nonexistence of God, you actually aren't certain about any of these things.
    There you go again, making things up to suit your purposes. I have ZERO faith in what the BIG BANG was or even if it took place. And nowhere did I ever say that I was certain about the nonexistence of God.

What I have said is that I'm not into beliefs, especially religious beliefs. There is no way you can use logic to establish the number of angels that can land on the head of a pin.

I'm convinced that you are convinced of the truth of your religious beliefs because of faith.

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
    Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

There you go again, making things up to suit your purposes. I have ZERO faith in what the BIG BANG was or even if it took place. And nowhere did I ever say that I was certain about the nonexistence of God.

What I have said is that I'm not into beliefs, especially religious beliefs. There is no way you can use logic to establish the number of angels that can land on the head of a pin.

I'm convinced that you are convinced of the truth of your religious beliefs because of faith.
    Bro I'm not making up anything. You are writing like these things...the Big Bang for instance...are truths. But based on what you have written, you absolutely are into beliefs...your beliefs. And I have not used logic to establish anything, other than the logic that we can't logically prove anything. But this whole thing started because you were patronizing someone for their belief in God.

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
    Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."
    Dude that's not canon.

Bro I'm not making up anything. You are writing like these things...the Big Bang for instance...are truths. But based on what you have written, you absolutely are into beliefs...your beliefs. And I have not used logic to establish anything, other than the logic that we can't logically prove anything. But this whole thing started because you were patronizing someone for their belief in God.
    Like I said before, it just comes down to probability when you look at things like the Big Bang. Do I think the scientists are correct about the Big Bang happening? Yes. Do I believe that the Big Bang happened. No. I suspect that because your world is belief filled that you think that everyone else has the same world-view.

I disagree that I was patronizing someone for their belief in God. I merely asked if he thought God shared his sentiments about Trump. Isn't that a legitimate question whether or not I share his belief?

Dude that's not canon.
    So? Isn't the question whether Jesus said it or not?

So? Isn't the question whether Jesus said it or not?
    He didn't. The gnostic writers had no direct experience with Jesus nor did they have access to the apostles.

Like I said before, it just comes down to probability when you look at things like the Big Bang. Do I think the scientists are correct about the Big Bang happening? Yes. Do I believe that the Big Bang happened. No. I suspect that because your world is belief filled that you think that everyone else has the same world-view.

I disagree that I was patronizing someone for their belief in God. I merely asked if he thought God shared his sentiments about Trump. Isn't that a legitimate question whether or not I share his belief?
    Ha ha. I can assure you that I don't believe that everyone shares my world view. If you knew me at all you'd find that idea hilarious. I just enjoy debating...and even from time to time when I see people with unfounded positions unable to support them I will debate from positions I don't even support. I'm not suggesting you when I say that btw. I'd be bored if everyone shared my world view.

And sure, it's a legit question, but it came across patronizing to me because of the manner in which you phrased it. It seemed passive aggressive because you obviously don't believe God exists.

He didn't. The gnostic writers had no direct experience with Jesus nor did they have access to the apostles.
    I would say that about 50% of the sayings in the Gospel according to St. Thomas can be attributed to Jesus.

I would say that about 50% of the sayings in the Gospel according to St. Thomas can be attributed to Jesus.
    Some of the accounts in the gospel of Thomas can be attributed to Jesus only because they can be substantiated by 3 or 4 of the canonical gospels. Your quote previously posted is not one of them.

Furthermore...many of the sayings in the gospel of thomas which are substantiated in the 4 canonical gospels are presented in a different context, attempting to give the saying a different meaning.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thank the Good Lord for Trump and "Mad Dog" Mattis!!

+ Reply to Thread