+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comcast

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Comcast

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    To which item are they adding the dollars to the bill? The government taxes and regulatory fees?
    It's hard to tell. Their bill isn't that easy to break down. I have TV, telephone and DSL (all supposed to be fiber optics). They jiggle it around so much. Thats why I call every so often. See Champ967 comments. Dawg06 suggested I threaten them with Comcast, but I wouldn't want them to fall out of their chair laughing.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    It's hard to tell. Their bill isn't that easy to break down. I have TV, telephone and DSL (all supposed to be fiber optics). They jiggle it around so much. Thats why I call every so often. See Champ967 comments. Dawg06 suggested I threaten them with Comcast, but I wouldn't want them to fall out of their chair laughing.
    I'm simply trying to help you while looking out for myself. I've only had 3 U-verse bills thus far so I'd like to know if there's something I should look out for, but all of my discounts are locked in for 2 years (says so on the bill). My situation is a little different in that I was was a Comcast customer at the time I was doing the negotiating. They definitely didn't laugh at me. They just redirected me to their manager after I told them that Comcast gave me a better quote than U-verse did after I told Comcast I was switching to U-verse. Now when I call AT&T, it tells whomever answers that they can't talk to me, and they have to redirect me to their manager. AT&T gave me the maximum discount their system would allow for TV, internet, and voice with cell. They told me at the end of the 2-year period when my discounts expire, I could re-negotiate my bill back down. BTW I have the U-200 with sports pack and HD Premium Tier (includes CSN Chicago for some ASN games) so I think I get every sports channel U-verse offers except NBA TV.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I'm simply trying to help you while looking out for myself. I've only had 3 U-verse bills thus far so I'd like to know if there's something I should look out for, but all of my discounts are locked in for 2 years (says so on the bill). My situation is a little different in that I was was a Comcast customer at the time I was doing the negotiating. They definitely didn't laugh at me. They just redirected me to their manager after I told them that Comcast gave me a better quote than U-verse did after I told Comcast I was switching to U-verse. Now when I call AT&T, it tells whomever answers that they can't talk to me, and they have to redirect me to their manager. AT&T gave me the maximum discount their system would allow for TV, internet, and voice with cell. They told me at the end of the 2-year period when my discounts expire, I could re-negotiate my bill back down. BTW I have the U-200 with sports pack and HD Premium Tier (includes CSN Chicago for some ASN games) so I think I get every sports channel U-verse offers except NBA TV.
    Interesting.
    Thanks.
    Look forward to using this knowledge in coming months when UVerse unleashes on Comcast in Monroe/West Monroe.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Dawg06 just watch your bill. It will creep up. Not in big increments. First you'll notice that it is hardly ever is the same one month to the next. A few cents off one way or the other and then it will slowly start creeping up.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Interesting.
    Thanks.
    Look forward to using this knowledge in coming months when UVerse unleashes on Comcast in Monroe/West Monroe.
    Ask for the Microsoft employee discount. It's 10% off your voice service.

Make sure they waive all of your installation/setup costs.

Make sure they waive your receiver fees.

Make sure your discounts are locked in for 24 months. They may initially offer 6 or 12 month discounts.

Like I said above, you can get every sports channel U-verse offers that Tech could possibly play on with the U-200 plus the sports pack ($10/month) and the HD Premium Tier ($7/month). IIRC that's every sports channel U-verse offers except NBA TV. Even if they try to offer you a great deal on a package with more channels, it does not include the HD Premium Tier which includes channels like CSN Chicago that may be your only option to watch some ASN games. There was an online promo for the first month free for each of those packages, but the person you talk to won't be able to give it to you since it's an online only offer. So tell them you'll get it online, or ask for a customer service rep to give you a credit to take care of it on your first bill. That's what they did for me.

They'll tell you not to call Comcast to cancel until after you are setup with U-verse, but if you call to cancel Comcast before, Comcast will offer you a better deal than U-verse to try to keep you. You can you Comcast's offer as leverage to ensure you get the best deal possible with U-verse.

When U-verse became available, they sent offer after offer for a free Visa gift card up to $400 for switching, but they won't let you get that with all the other discounts. You are better off declining the gift cards for the discounts, but I'd still inquire about the gift cards.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

You better read the fine print on all of those contracts, especially AT&T.

+ Reply to Thread