+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalani Browns narrows recruiting list to 10

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Re: Kalani Browns narrows recruiting list to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Media coverage? Which school on that list has had more media coverage than Tech the last few months?
    Maybe this will provide a helpful comparison. Using only Comcast's basic package there were only 3 Lady Vols games all of last season that were not available for me to watch live.

Now, with the new SEC network, not only Tennessee but S.Carolina, LSU, Florida, Georgia, and TexA&M should all be on TV nationwide for most of their games, at least on replay. Every team will want to schedule as many SEC games as they can! Fortunately, our coach has an inside advantage that most non-SEC wanna-plays don't.

BTW: How many Lady Techster games were televised last season? (Not being smart-a ... I really don't know.) Whatever it was, consider that number our new baseline for measuring the program's improvement.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Maybe this will provide a helpful comparison. Using only Comcast's basic package there were only 3 Lady Vols games all of last season that were not available for me to watch live.

Now, with the new SEC network, not only Tennessee but S.Carolina, LSU, Florida, Georgia, and TexA&M should all be on TV nationwide for most of their games, at least on replay. Every team will want to schedule as many SEC games as they can! Fortunately, our coach has an inside advantage that most non-SEC wanna-plays don't.

BTW: How many Lady Techster games were televised last season? (Not being smart-a ... I really don't know.) Whatever it was, consider that number our new baseline for measuring the program's improvement.
    Don't get too excited there- she is not going to Tenn.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Baylor...u can book it

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Don't get too excited there- she is not going to Tenn.
    LOL--you're right C&K. She has too much talent to be wasted on the bench.

Ahh, just talkin' trash like a moron.

Though right now Lady Vol fans are on a recruiting high and unrealistically optimistic. Other LV posters are saying Nikki Caldwell will ultimately land her, but I think that's just over-the-horizon-lawn-dart thinking.

Personally, I'd bet bdbkr2 has the inside scoop. Of course, as a recently first time cat owner (aka staff), you know what I think of the word scoop. :icon_wink:

Just to clarify, when I said "our coach has an inside advantage" I was talking about CTS, and (IMHO) his advantage over other non-SEC programs booking games with SEC opponents.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree he has on scheduling...be interesting see who we play...just that I have had opportunity to visit with her mom a few times...u never know tho

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I don't know, I live in Canada. There were a total of 0 women's basketball games on t.v. for anyone, ever.

If her goal is ultimately to play in the WNBA then it really doesn't matter where she goes because they will find her. As far as media coverage goes I only meant that Tech has had more media buzz (coverage), with the hiring of our new coach, than the other schools on that list.

I don't know, I live in Canada. There were a total of 0 women's basketball games on t.v. for anyone, ever.

If her goal is ultimately to play in the WNBA then it really doesn't matter where she goes because they will find her. As far as media coverage goes I only meant that Tech has had more media buzz (coverage), with the hiring of our new coach, than the other schools on that list.
    I understand what you mean. Here we only saw one BC Lions game all last season.

IMHO the real issue in choosing a college as preparation for WNBA is a great position coach and schedule--playing against top talent game after game (and in practice). I fear that's gonna be an ongoing recruiting challenge for CTS to return LaTech to premier status.

For example, Tennessee used to play the most difficult schedule year after year. But a decline in the top-to-bottom quality of its conference teams made that impossible to maintain for awhile. The best UT could do for next season's out of conference games is Texas, Stanford, Notre Dame and Rutgers. Four of the remaining seven ooc opponents were in the tourney last year, but are not nearly championship caliber.

Changing topics: touring one summer in college, we had a keyboard player from BC (Vancouver or Victoria--it was long ago). Anyway, whenever he talked about it, his eyes glazed over like he was remembering a ten minute kiss from a supermodel. Is BC as beautiful in person as every picture I've ever seen of it?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

BO, I've been to Vancouver and Whistler and it is beautiful country. Of course, I live in Oregon and it is not too shabby either. :icon_wink:

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

LOL--you're right C&K. She has too much talent to be wasted on the bench.

Ahh, just talkin' trash like a moron.

Though right now Lady Vol fans are on a recruiting high and unrealistically optimistic. Other LV posters are saying Nikki Caldwell will ultimately land her, but I think that's just over-the-horizon-lawn-dart thinking.

Personally, I'd bet bdbkr2 has the inside scoop. Of course, as a recently first time cat owner (aka staff), you know what I think of the word scoop. :icon_wink:
    I will be shocked if she goes with Nikki too, but, you never know. I hope not, I would like to follow along, and I would never follow her there.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Baylor...u can book it
    That would seem likely.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A WBB thread at 26 (now 27) posts and no Champ110 weighing in? Put out an APB.

If PJ mentioned Tech and expressed his wish she would at least consider attending, then that's all that could be expected.

Then he should have added, "no pressure, but if go anywhere else, you are disowned and outta the will!"

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

It is beautiful over here but there is no ESPN or Fox Sports so following my teams gets really frustrating at times.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

It is beautiful over here but there is no ESPN or Fox Sports so following my teams gets really frustrating at times.
    I know that 10 years ago viewing sports was very limited in Canada, but what networks can you get?

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I know that 10 years ago viewing sports was very limited in Canada, but what networks can you get?
    We'll I've been up here for about 13 years now and it has gotten better over the years. American networks aren't allowed to compete directly against Canadian ones. So in Canada there are two major sports networks; TSN (partly owned by ESPN) and Rogers Sportsnet. There was a third one called The Score that was required to show highlights every hour (so they couldn't compete against the other two) and they were a lot like an ongoing Sportscenter but would show college football and basketball games (and WWE) [while cutting to a highlight reel every 15 minutes] quite often. Last year Rogers was allowed to buy them out so they don't exist anymore and Rogers has regional networks like Fox does. So there are 4 or 5 Rogers Sportsnet channels.

A specialty channel can sneak through from time to time because we now have the Big Ten Network, NFL Network, and the Golf Channel. We did have SPEED and they were showing Fox Sports One previews right up until the big switch but big bad Rogers was able to get them blocked and so the SPEED channel remained to SPEED channel until it finally went off the air a month or two ago. There are "versions" of NBA tv and MLB Network but they are basically 24/7 Raptors and Blue Jay channels.

We do get all the US network channels so I can watch major games on CBS, FOX, or ABC but when Tech is playing on a cable channel there is a slim chance that I will get it. College football is gaining a larger audience up here but basketball still has a ways to go. With the exception of this past season when they broadcast every Kansas game because of the Wiggins kid.

Rogers is the big dawg in Canada though, they have the biggest cellular company, they own most of the Raptors, the Maple Leafs, the Toronto MLS team, and they own the Blue Jays. Next year they will probably own the Buffalo Bills too.

One other thing. It is very frustrating watching a Super Bowl in Canada. They block out the commercials and put in crappy Canadian Tire and Tim Hortons commercials.

+ Reply to Thread