+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Posts from Countdown Thread

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Football Cajun Posts from Countdown Thread

So, who has a guess of where ULL will land? I am going with 50.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Cou

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking somewhere close to that. I've been thinking mid-40s this whole time.

I have no clue who #55 is. Out of all the teams I've checked, they've all had at least one really bad year since 1995.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: USA Today College Football Countdown FKA Pre-Snap Read Countdown FKA The Quad Cou

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I'm absolutely SHOCKED that ULL could be ranked that high or even higher. It's absurd to think college football's prognosticators are that stupid and blind.

Puppy reddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm absolutely SHOCKED that ULL could be ranked that high or even higher. It's absurd to think college football's prognosticators are that stupid and blind.
    It really is absurd. Just stupid and blind.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not a great team, but they will win 8 or 9 games and will probably win the Sun Belt. They are returning a lot of players from a team that won 8 or 9 last year. You have to rank them high just because of all the returning starters and the amount of games they are likely to win, imo.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    They are not a great team, but they will win 8 or 9 games and will probably win the Sun Belt. They are returning a lot of players from a team that won 8 or 9 last year. You have to rank them high just because of all the returning starters and the amount of games they are likely to win, imo.
    This bolded word negates everything you said. They will probably not even win the Sunbelt, haven't they been expected to win it for some time now and yet have fallen flat on their faces against the likes of ArkState and ULM?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    This bolded word negates everything you said. They will probably not even win the Sunbelt, haven't they been expected to win it for some time now and yet have fallen flat on their faces against the likes of ArkState and ULM?
    I stand by they are not great but will win 8 or 9 games. (because they play in the Sun Belt).

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

They've won 3 straight bowl games and had 3 straight 9 win seasons. From a national sports writer's perspective, I can see how that would warrant a decent preseason ranking. But that's all it is- a preseason guess that based on recent history, this team will be better than most. Not really a stretch.

But then again, why Louisiana Tech fans give half a shit about anything having to do with that school in Lafayette is still beyond me.

Puppy reddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your timereddot Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

It's funny, the higher one's team is ranked the more valid the poll is perceived to be.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This pre-season poll is almost ranked just on record and who you have returning. We had a pretty high ranking at one time because of our past year, but I just take it as that. Would love to be higher, but we just have to beat the teams on our schedule. That is why there are power conference teams that are lower than they should be. They are better than ULL, but get beat up in their conference.

This relates to basketball, as well. A Southland conference winner will get in the tournament, but is not better than a 3rd or 4th place CUSA finisher. I would still rather be in CUSA than the Southland or Sun Belt in football (where we would have a much better record).

Could very well be ULLOL's turn.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Could very well be ULLOL's turn.
    Most likely, they like to claim the day legislation was passed as their founding day, vs. when they had their first classes or even when construction started on their first building.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Most likely, they like to claim the day legislation was passed as their founding day, vs. when they had their first classes or even when construction started on their first building.
    Yeah. Based on some legislation they dug up (or probably fabricated knowing ULL) a couple years ago that allowed for a nameless university to be created in Lafayette in the future, ULL quietly changed their founding date by moving it back from 1900 to 1898 to make them appear more distinguished. It's quite comical how insecure that school is. SLII wasn't named and founded until 1900. It opened its doors in 1901.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Could ULL have been overlooked? I just can't fathom that any professional prognosticator could think ULL is that good.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Could ULL have been overlooked? I just can't fathom that any professional prognosticator could think ULL is that good.
    I can fathom it. I cant understand or explain it tho.

+ Reply to Thread