+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Posts from Countdown Thread

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Cajun Posts from Countdown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ya know....this thread is illustrative of why we should NEVER play in-state schools. It is so high schoolish. I am more interested in nurturing conference rivalries, especially with the University of Mississippi at Hattiesburg.
    You are just going ignore the built in rivalries, and pretend other schools don't exist. No problem, we got along fine not playing La Tech for years, we will do so again after the series is complete. He'll, I've even heard that we may buyout the game next year in Ruston because we were approached by an SEC school for a home and home.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ya know....this thread is illustrative of why we should NEVER play in-state schools. It is so high schoolish. I am more interested in nurturing conference rivalries, especially with the University of Mississippi at Hattiesburg.

However, I do approve playing NSU as one of our AA games.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a better comparison of the conferences using the Myerberg rankings:

1) Marshall > 1) ULL
    2) UTSA and 3) Rice > 2) Arkansas State
    4) North Texas and 5) Middle Tennessee > 3) South Alabama and 4) Troy
    6) Louisiana Tech > 5) ULM
    7) Western Kentucky > 6) Texas State
    8) FAU and 9) ODU and 10) USM and 11) UTEP > 7) NMSU and 8) Appy State
    12) UAB > 9) Idaho and 10) Georgia Southern and 11) Georgia State
    13) FIU

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Here is a better comparison of the conferences using the Myerberg rankings:

1) Marshall > 1) ULL
    2) UTSA and 3) Rice > 2) Arkansas State
    4) North Texas and 5) Middle Tennessee > 3) South Alabama and 4) Troy
    6) Louisiana Tech > 5) ULM
    7) Western Kentucky > 6) Texas State
    8) FAU and 9) ODU and 10) USM and 11) UTEP > 7) NMSU and 8) Appy State
    12) UAB > 9) Idaho and 10) Georgia Southern and 11) Georgia State
    13) FIU
    Here's another method, but call me old-fashioned:

2013 C-USA 1, SunBelt 3

Cajuns > Tulane
    Tulane > ULM
    S. Alabama > Tulane
    Troy > UAB

2012 C-USA 1, SunBelt 6

Cajuns > E. Carolina
    Cajuns > Tulane
    Houston > UNTs
    ULM > Tulane
    WKU > S. Miss
    MTSU > Memphis
    Troy > UAB

2011 C-USA 3, SunBelt 5

Marshall > FIU
    FAU > UAB
    Tulsa > UNTs
    MTSU > Memphis
    Troy > UAB
    FIU > UCF
    stAte > Memphis
    Houston > UNTs

3, 2, 1..........but, but, but.......X Y Z

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

but, but, but...

16 Sun Belt wins:

- Tulane (4)
    - UAB (4)
    - Memphis (3)

* Those were some awful CUSA teams. Usually at the very bottom of the league.

The good wins by SBC were Cajuns over ECU and FIU over UCF, imo.

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    but, but, but...

16 Sun Belt wins:

- Tulane (4)
    - UAB (4)
    - Memphis (3)

* Those were some awful CUSA teams. Usually at the very bottom of the league.

The good wins by SBC were Cajuns over ECU and FIU over UCF, imo.
    Thanks T1, the usual response is: but those were good Belt teams playing bad C-USA teams. Of course, as I always say, one never really knows 3 years down the line (games usually being scheduled that far in advance) how good the opposition will be.....or how good your own team will be for that matter. But I will agree, those 3 were usually in the cellar.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope y'all won't be claiming another win against a weak CUSA team after Week 2. Hopefully the Dawgs have improved enough to give y'all a game. I think ULL would definitely be one of the Top 4 teams in CUSA this year.... still just have to hope Tech will be.

I just hope y'all won't be claiming another win against a weak CUSA team after Week 2. Hopefully the Dawgs have improved enough to give y'all a game. I think ULL would definitely be one of the Top 4 teams in CUSA this year.... still just have to hope Tech will be.
    Who's the other team besides Marshall and LaTech?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    Who's the other team besides Marshall and LaTech?
    UTSA is loaded this year (like ULL). Rice is rebuilding a bit, but they have established a system under Bailiff and I think they are at a point where they reload instead of rebuild... we'll see. Same with North Texas. After those 4 you have Tech, MTSU, WKU, and FAU who could possibly have strong teams, or possibly not. I think Southern Miss will take some steps forward next year and I'm not ready to say they can't/won't be good. But ULL is where we were in 2012... a lot of veteran returning players from a successful season... I know they are going to be hard to beat. But, I also know ULL lays a few turds every year too: (Arkansas, Kansas St, Akron, ULM, and USA last year, for example). That's why they play the games, right?

UTSA is loaded this year (like ULL). Rice is rebuilding a bit, but they have established a system under Bailiff and I think they are at a point where they reload instead of rebuild... we'll see. Same with North Texas. After those 4 you have Tech, MTSU, WKU, and FAU who could possibly have strong teams, or possibly not. I think Southern Miss will take some steps forward next year and I'm not ready to say they can't/won't be good. But ULL is where we were in 2012... a lot of veteran returning players from a successful season... I know they are going to be hard to beat. But, I also know ULL lays a few turds every year too: (Arkansas, Kansas St, Akron, ULM, and USA last year, for example). That's why they play the games, right?

Indeed it is. Arkansas and Kansas St were inexcuseable, not so much for losing on the road, but playing so poorly overall. Akron we won...at their place. ULM? Broadway broke his arm during that game so I'll give the team and coaches a pass on that one. USA? I felt the coaches did not have the team at all prepared for that game, so to me that one too falls into the inexcuseable category.

And you're right, UTSA looks really impressive. That first game against Houston should be a really good one. The UNTs haven't made me a believer yet. The stunk up the place for years, just about as bad as the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    Indeed it is. Arkansas and Kansas St were inexcuseable, not so much for losing on the road, but playing so poorly overall. Akron we won...at their place. ULM? Broadway broke his arm during that game so I'll give the team and coaches a pass on that one. USA? I felt the coaches did not have the team at all prepared for that game, so to me that one too falls into the inexcuseable category.

And you're right, UTSA looks really impressive. That first game against Houston should be a really good one. The UNTs haven't made me a believer yet. The stunk up the place for years, just about as bad as the Cajuns.
    I see UNT and ULL in the same light.... been down for years, got good new coaches and are turning it around. I'm not a believer yet either, but I like their system of tough, physical defense first. They don't rely on the great QB who comes around every 5 years or so. They are going to make you beat them and not beat themselves.

CUSA West is becoming that kind of league with Bailiff, Coker, Holtz, UTEP and UNT all wanting to win with defense and physicality. CUSA East seems to be more of an offensive philosophy.

I see UNT and ULL in the same light.... been down for years, got good new coaches and are turning it around. I'm not a believer yet either, but I like their system of tough, physical defense first. They don't rely on the great QB who comes around every 5 years or so. They are going to make you beat them and not beat themselves.

CUSA West is becoming that kind of league with Bailiff, Coker, Holtz, UTEP and UNT all wanting to win with defense and physicality. CUSA East seems to be more of an offensive philosophy.
    Yeah, offense brings the fans. Defense usually wins the games.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Many posts have been altered. No curses. Mods dont like that I use Louisiana and UL but have no problem with blatant disrespect like ulaff. Small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Not a single Louisiana fan I know thinks we will lose to LTUR. It is certainly not circled or considered a larger game than ULM.

Please stop by any of the tailgate spots. I promise you will be fed well. I know that many people think that some of our fans are obnoxious (mainly from message boards!!) but I assure you that we are most gracious and generous in person.
    On the subject of Bon Temps Grill... This is a must try. The stuffed pork chop is fantastic as is the shrimp and grits. Safe travels and enjoy the food and hospitality because you will not enjoy the game.

#WeAreLouisiana#GoCajuns #TeamUL

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Many posts have been altered. No curses. Mods dont like that I use Louisiana and UL but have no problem with blatant disrespect like ulaff. Small minded.
    ulalaff = blatant disrespect
    Louisiana / UL = illegal

They're probably just trying to protect the board from a lawsuit.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, did I miss something? I thought we were playing USL this year? You know, in Lafayette. If we are playing UL, that is much better for us. Louisville is a great city too.

+ Reply to Thread