+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems Accommodating Freshman Class

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Problems Accommodating Freshman Class

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    That's often tough to do when you're out-of-town because some won't rent/lease without meeting the applicant. I know a number of students who were trying to move to Ruston and 2 local realty companies would not even allow a substitute to complete the paperwork and pay for them.
    Geez....it's called FaceTime.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Geez....it's called FaceTime.
    Yes, or skype, or a number of other ways of virtually meeting an applicant. One wonders what it is they "see" that can't be gleaned from another medium.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes, or skype, or a number of other ways of virtually meeting an applicant. One wonders what it is they "see" that can't be gleaned from another medium.
    Excessive tats are a killer.:icon_wink:

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Excessive tats are a killer.:icon_wink:
    Is this excessive?

Cowboy superfan

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The ghosts of Kidd, Carruthers and Nielson are haunting us still.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Just to wrap up this thread, they were notified today that he will be in a dorm.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I prayed, on a daily basis, when I was at TECH my 1st year for them to inform me I had to move out of Carruthers....or any of the dumps called dorms back then.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I prayed, on a daily basis, when I was at TECH my 1st year for them to inform me I had to move out of Carruthers....or any of the dumps called dorms back then.
    Those dumps called dorms were centers of fun, community, and no small amount of booty.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    Just to wrap up this thread, they were notified today that he will be in a dorm.
    Glad it got worked out, While I was in housing they knew 10-20% of the people would not check-in (moved off campus without tell housing, drop out/don't enroll, etc). It's frustrating because if people would just take the time to call housing and tell them we wouldn't run into this problem.

I do think the housing situation needs to be addressed ahead of the ramp up in student enrollment, and hopefully with the forthcoming Master Plan it will be.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Those dumps called dorms were centers of fun, community, and no small amount of booty.
    I remember my first week in Neilson I was watching 60 minutes and they were interviewing a guy from his prison cell. I looked at the cell and then I looked around my dorm room then turned back to the tv again. It was almost exactly the same. I mean remarkably similar. Couldn't wait to leave. Loved my time at Tech but Neilson was a shit hole. I accepted it and had fun my freshman year. All things are relative though, when I visited my friends at A&M, TCU and UT their rooms were like the Taj Mahal compared to Neilson yet they had a lot of complaints too. Besides if you are spending a whole lot of time in your dorm then something's wrong with you. Too many fun things to do as a college student to sit around your dorm all day. Also for me at least studying at the library proved to be more fruitful for me than studying in my dorm.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Neilsen and Caruthers both needed to go, badly. Hut was close to those back in 05, but everyone was CLAMORING to get a spot in Hut if they could. Looked like the Ritz Carlton compared to Neilson. In the aviation industry, we would call them just complete maintenance hogs. They could never completely replace integral components because of how it was built, so they just kept putting bandaids on everything. Made it worse, imo...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the room in Carruthers was the best I had. I agree about Nielson even though it was brand new when I was there. Freshman year had to share a fairly good sized room in Richardson (same as Cottingham) with two other guys. Would have been nicer if only one other guy, since the rooms were originally set up for two. You know two closets. Had to have three desks/chairs, and three beds (one bunk type). Mitchell was probably the best built but talk about a prison cell. Had friends in Hale and I thought it actually stank. Never went in Robinson or Thatcher, or Jenkins/McFarland for that matter. In our day Hutchinson wasn't so great, exept it was air conditioned (as was Mitchell, Carruthers and Nielson). I've alwasy heard that Harper was the best dorm on campus. Is that still true?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Lots of opportunity for investment in student housing over the next 10 years, and several people know it "if ya know what I mean."

There is also tremendous opportunity for residential construction in the $150k-$250k range. This is currently an enormous hindrance to Ruston's growth.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

10616222_10202129760755898_2101641926810021275_n.jpg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Lots of opportunity for investment in student housing over the next 10 years, and several people know it "if ya know what I mean."

There is also tremendous opportunity for residential construction in the $150k-$250k range. This is currently an enormous hindrance to Ruston's growth.
    I agree! Who wants to start a real estate investment LLC centered in Ruston?

I'm in!

+ Reply to Thread