+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a picture of the old CAB building?

Puppy Dear Gas Man, is an unknown

Does anyone have a picture of the old CAB building?

Yeah the old CAB was ugly, but I'm having a hard time remembering exactly how ugly. Google streetview's got nothing, and I can't find anything in my 6 (yes, 6) yearbooks. Anybody got one? Thanks dogs!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Does anyone have a picture of the old CAB building?

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Gas Man, View Post
    Yeah the old CAB was ugly, but I'm having a hard time remembering exactly how ugly. Google streetview's got nothing, and I can't find anything in my 6 (yes, 6) yearbooks. Anybody got one? Thanks dogs!
    Was it one of the two that were directly across the quad from Keeney?

It's the one on the railroad side of Keeney. Next in line of GTM >> Wyly >> CAB.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Ok, now I know. The oldest bulding left on campus. Was the original Prescott Library. The Art Dept was in it when I was there. By the way, have they torn down the Business Building? That was still fairly new when I arrived there. I believe it opened in about 1962. Seems odd that much older buildings - Keeny, Bogard and Carson Taylor (not much older but still older) are still being used and the Business Building is being replaced. I know they're going to add a new Engineering Building, but I don't believe they're going to tear down Bogard.

Ah no, the CAB is the one that got torn down. The old business building. It's like it evaporated, without a single photo of proof.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

In the curve across from Wesley Foundation.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The Top of Mind Awareness (TOMA) of BB&Bers of the recently demolished CAB is apparently low.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Some posters, on the other hand, are keenly aware of the administration's ongoing efforts to eliminate any evidence that anything happened on campus between 1940 and 1990.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Should just go further and demolish the whole campus, roads and grass too, and reset the whole thing for a better layout. Piecemeal it. but quickly.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    The oldest bulding left on campus. Was the original Prescott Library.
    Everyone forgets about the Ropp Center. 1911.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to most of my classes in the brand new CAB (at the time). When they built it, it had no redeeming characteristics, but was pretty modern inside. That was in the 80's. I never dreamed they would tear it down this quickly, but I love the new business building. I was shocked when I drove on campus and it was like that building never existed. It was like they made it disappear, instead of demolishing it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Gas Man, View Post
    Can't find pictures, but it was an L shaped building. It had a weird layout. I remember no one entered through the main entry way ever. Everyone either entered through the small little bridge near Prescott library or through the entry by the lecture hall.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I went to most of my classes in the brand new CAB (at the time). When they built it, it had no redeeming characteristics, but was pretty modern inside. That was in the 80's. I never dreamed they would tear it down this quickly, but I love the new business building. I was shocked when I drove on campus and it was like that building never existed. It was like they made it disappear, instead of demolishing it.
    The CAB wasn't new when I started in '73. Pretty sure it was about 10 years old as Houston Techsan said. I was sitting in the lecture hall one day when there was a "pop" and a crack appeared on the east wall. Dr Townsend (or maybe it was Dr Shaver) theorized that since the building hadn't collapsed we were probably safe to finish the class. I never understood why, when they had to replace the HVAC system, they put it out front instead of behind the building. Didn't help the appearance any.

The building might not have been much, but the people inside were excellent.

I checked and it was the Education Building that opened in 1962. My 1966 yearbook has a small picture of the glass and double door entrance with a caption which reads "recently completed". I had my freshman orientation class in the auditorium there in the fall of 1965. The 1967 yearbook has a picture inside the glass double door entrance. The overhead campus picture in the 1966 yearbook shows it from above. That's all that I can find.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    The CAB wasn't new when I started in '73. Pretty sure it was about 10 years old as Houston Techsan said. I was sitting in the lecture hall one day when there was a "pop" and a crack appeared on the east wall. Dr Townsend (or maybe it was Dr Shaver) theorized that since the building hadn't collapsed we were probably safe to finish the class. I never understood why, when they had to replace the HVAC system, they put it out front instead of behind the building. Didn't help the appearance any.

The building might not have been much, but the people inside were excellent.
    They must have remodeled it after that. I remember them working on it and it looking pretty sharp after and I was there in the early to mid-eighties.

+ Reply to Thread