+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many will we bring to UL-LAFF / Score?

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: How many will we bring to UL-LAFF / Score?

The score will depend on many factors, most importantly whether we can get decent output our O-line, D-line, and QB. Overall, I would say that we are strong at RB and DB, decent at WR, Special Teams, and Linebackers, and suspect at O-line, QB, and D-line.

Ryan Higgins I'd be worried with starting again, and Sokol I hope can have an immediate impact and really gel with the receivers, maybe even getting 60% of his production from JuCo. Needless to say, we'll know that situation after the Auburn game for sure.

I believe that with Diaz replacing Cameron, this defense should be a much improved strenght from last year; at the very least it will be much more aggressive and we will hopefully see the run defense vastly improve...with that said, I just watched the Texas-BYU game from last year on Sunday and it wasn't pretty, but that was mostly because Diaz couldn't provide an answer to the QB-run, though it seemed to be from injuries to key players.

That being said, I believe that our score should be around 37 Louisina Tech, 24 Lo-La

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    The score will depend on many factors, most importantly whether we can get decent output our O-line, D-line, and QB. Overall, I would say that we are strong at RB and DB, decent at WR, Special Teams, and Linebackers, and suspect at O-line, QB, and D-line.

Ryan Higgins I'd be worried with starting again, and Sokol I hope can have an immediate impact and really gel with the receivers, maybe even getting 60% of his production from JuCo. Needless to say, we'll know that situation after the Auburn game for sure.

I believe that with Diaz replacing Cameron, this defense should be a much improved strenght from last year; at the very least it will be much more aggressive and we will hopefully see the run defense vastly improve...with that said, I just watched the Texas-BYU game from last year on Sunday and it wasn't pretty, but that was mostly because Diaz couldn't provide an answer to the QB-run, though it seemed to be from injuries to key players.

That being said, I believe that our score should be around 37 Louisina Tech, 24 Lo-La
    D-Line should be one of our strongest positions with Butler, Brooks and Pichon in the middle and Bates and Dora at the ends. Noticed that Pichon has dropped his weight from 343 last year to 333 this year. That will really help his lateral movement.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    D-Line should be one of our strongest positions.
    That's what everyone was saying last year, then everyone ran straight through us, giving us one of the worst rush defences in the FBS:

91 Louisiana Tech 12 4-8 568 2,337 4.11 25 194.8

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport...FB&division=11

Quote from 2013 CFC Paul Myerberg:

''Defense: The strength of Dameron's first defense will be this front four, which returns three starters and should start four seniors. On a team undergoing some major changes, this level of continuity and experience cannot be overvalued – and let's not forget that Eggen still leads this group, giving Tech another returning asset up front. The Bulldogs return their top five ends from last season: All-WAC pick IK Enemkpali (32 tackles, 6.0 sacks), Kendrick James – the two seniors – junior Kevin Kisseberth (24 tackles, 2.5 sacks), sophomore Vontarrius Dora (39 tackles) and junior Andre Taylor (20 tackles, 2.5 for loss). Inside, Tech shouldn't struggle replacing Jon'al White, the team's lone departed starter – and not because White wasn't valuable. Tech's depth continues with at least a four-player rotation inside, one led by starters Shakeil Lucas (42 tackles) and Justin Ellis – two all-conference contenders – with JUCO transfer DeAngelo Brooks and sophomores Vernon Butler and Tyler Porter in reserve. What's the story up front? This is the most experienced defensive line in Conference USA and, in terms of total talent, no worse than the league's second-best unit.''

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

The defense wasn't great against the run, but those stats are skewed a little since Army and Rice accounted for over 1/3 of the rushing yards we gave up.

Still, I'm not sold on our run defence, at best I would say it will be the most questionable part of our defence, maybe on par with our linebackers. Paul Myerberg didn't even endorse them this year:

''Diaz inherits a defense already defined by its aggressiveness, making this a perfect fit in mentality, but he and Giles will be tasked with retooling a front ravaged by graduation. This is the certainly the case inside: Tech will replace Shakeil Lucas and Justin Ellis with juniors Vernon Butler (43 tackles) and Malcolm Pichon and seniors Devon McKinney and DeAngelo Brooks, crossing their fingers that this quartet can beef up a disappointingly ineffective run defense.

This could work. Butler is an all-conference contender, for one, and Pichon has the frame to produce at a high clip if used correctly – as a guy who can occupy blocks on early downs. When healthy, Brooks combines size and a quick initial burst to provide some disruptiveness in the backfield; his key will be ramping up this aggressiveness when in a full-time role, which is a question mark. While the Bulldogs are new on the edges, don't sleep on this duo: Houston Bates comes over from Illinois, where he held down the Illini's hybrid end-linebacker role, and has the skill set to absolutely dominate Conference USA tackles, and junior Vontarrius Dora (31 tackles, 6.5 for loss) is a defender I thought should have earned far more playing time a season ago. Add seniors Andre Taylor and Kevin Kisseberth – solid reserves, but not starters – and the end position is steady with the potential to be a terrific surprise. The jury's out on this group, but don't sleep on the overall talent.''

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that. They can be good, but will they? It's kind of like thinking Scotty Young was going to be All Conference going into last year. However, Butler, Pichon, and Dora have played a lot of football at Tech already and Bates played a lot at Illinois. I don't think they will be dominating, but I don't think they are weak either.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We were never in shape last year. Maybe that will improve this year.

True, that's why I feel those positions (OL, DL, & QB) are suspect; they could be good, but they have not proven it yet.

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

There will be 3,250 Dawgs at the game, and Tech wins 17 - 14.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The DL will be improved. The QB situation will either be status quo or improved because it couldn't get any worse. The OL is the wildcard and what this years success hinges on. I don't see them being any worse than last year (if one could imagine that), and I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll be at least average.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Our defense will be swarming and probabaly score one TD and hopefully set up more. Hopefully offense will be adequate or get fired up by the defense. Don't know anything about ULL. Because of the crowd it will be a close game.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

We will be there and of course we know what's the score will be before the game......

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    We will be there and of course we know what's the score will be before the game......
    0 - 0

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonsoffamouscoachesclub View Post
    Cool story bro.

The last game was played exactly 10 years ago and LTU-R won 24-20. That outcome has zero bearing on this years result either way
    Blow out!!!

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Fire marshall already stated that he will only allow 42,565 in for Southern and LOUISIANA TECH. You'll get 500-1000.
    The game will not be close as you have been outrecruited by HUD since he got here. I figure Lalaff by at least 28.
    Have a safe trip down.

+ Reply to Thread