+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score Predictions against U-LoL

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: Score Predictions against U-LoL

Our team will also be better off than U-LoL (I like this nn better ) because we will have played a truly competent team in Oklahoma while they will only be playing Southern. In addition, ideally Sokol will upgrade our offense (with boosts from healthy King, Dixon, HLee, and Turner) and Diaz will fix our poor run defense from a year ago. And I agree, Oklahoma will be a lesson for us more than a realistic challenge...too bad it's not still 2012, 1998, or 1999. I think if everything clicks though, we should at least make a bowl game if we beat either North Texas or U-LoL. So that's why I believe that the score should likely be 37-24.

Puppy ULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

A lot of dreamers on this thread.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

what does a Universtiy of Louiville grad living in Houston care about the Louisiana Tech - ULL game?

Puppy ULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    what does a Universtiy of Louiville grad living in Houston care about the Louisiana Tech - ULL game?
    I know that you know exactly what it means, and it has nothing to do with Louisville, but you might want to research how to spell Louisville.

You brought up the name, not me. I'd rather keep to the game on this thread, I'm sure most of you would too.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ULgrad@HOU View Post

You brought up the name, not me. I'd rather keep to the game on this thread, I'm sure most of you would too.
    Ok, so if you want to keep to the thread, why don't you provide your in depth game prediction, instead of talking about dreams? What have you got to say, other than correcting a person's spelling?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he's got relatives that went to ULL. Or Tech!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ULgrad@HOU View Post
    I know that you know exactly what it means, and it has nothing to do with Louisville, but you might want to research how to spell Louisville.

This was directed at me. I know what UL stands for. It doesn't stand for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Maybe he would like University of Southwest Louisiana better. Or how about Southwest Louisiana Institute. By the way we're proud that we were once Louisiana Polytecnic Institute (that's what it says it my diploma) because it's part of our history. We're as much the University of Louisiana as ULL is since we're part of the University of Louisiana System. For that matter so are Northwestern, Southeastern, ULM, and McNeese. We all share the same board of regents. ULL is not the University of Louisiana. If anyone comes on this board claiming to be from UL we will assume he is from Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Ok, so if you want to keep to the thread, why don't you provide your in depth game prediction, instead of talking about dreams? What have you got to say, other than correcting a person's spelling?
    Ok, sounds good. I'm not ready for in depth yet, we have a few more weeks to go, but I think the Cajuns will lead after the 1st half, but it would not surprise me if the Bulldogs keep it within 7 points. I'm thinking something like 17 - 10. The Cajuns offense is dynamic, but I see them trying to run the ball early and reduce the potential for mistakes. It's the second half where I think the Cajuns will open it up a little on offense and with the home crowd, the defense responds to keeping the Bulldogs offense limited. Maybe a final score like 34 - 17, Ragin Cajuns. I know the Bulldogs struggled last year under your new Coach, so it's hard for me to say how much improvement they will have this year until we actually see a game. I would expect them to be better, but it won't be obvious at first, because of having some tough games on the road to start the season.

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

This was directed at me. I know what UL stands for. It doesn't stand for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Maybe he would like University of Southwest Louisiana better. Or how about Southwest Louisiana Institute. By the way we're proud that we were once Louisiana Polytecnic Institute (that's what it says it my diploma) because it's part of our history. We're as much the University of Louisiana as ULL is since we're part of the University of Louisiana System. For that matter so are Northwestern, Southeastern, ULM, and McNeese. We all share the same board of regents. ULL is not the University of Louisiana. If anyone comes on this board claiming to be from UL we will assume he is from Louisville.
    Well, with all due respect, your university's legal name is Louisiana Tech University at Ruston or LTU-R. If you guys will agree to call yourselves by your legal names, not what your athletic department wishes to brand your team as, I'm sure most Cajun fans would agree to do the same. Deal?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    Well, with all due respect, your university's legal name is Louisiana Tech University at Ruston or LTU-R. If you guys will agree to call yourselves by your legal names, not what your athletic department wishes to brand your team as, I'm sure most Cajun fans would agree to do the same. Deal?
    Nope, its Louisiana Tech University. There's only one of us since we're not a cookie-cutter school, hence no need for directional or regional suffixes. LTU is most certainly not part of our legal name and is in fact specifically listed as an unacceptable reference.

Source

Puppy timf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetimf82 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

this whole board is on the crack pipe.......

ULS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MEMORANDA
    NAME CHANGE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES (M-2)

C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic, public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution. For example, ULR is appropriate for University of Louisiana at Rayne.

D. All uses of the name “University of Louisiana” must be followed by the word “at” and the institution’s geographic location. No typographic variations within the name are permitted. The word “at” must be no less than 50% and the geographic location must not exceed 100% nor be less than 80% of the University of Louisiana name. Any institutional use of “University of Louisiana” without the “at” and geographic location is prohibited.
    As has been posted many times before. I believe somewhere on this board there is a helpful graphic detailing the many ways the ULL logos and wordmarks violate these policies (which have not been rescinded). We seem to keep having this argument about every 3 months.

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Nope, its Louisiana Tech University. There's only one of us since we're not a cookie-cutter school, hence no need for directional or regional suffixes. LTU is most certainly not part of our legal name and is in fact specifically listed as an unacceptable reference.

Source
    Ah okay, so you quote a LaTech source. Interesting. Here's what the Louisana legislature says your university's legal name is:

§3217. University of Louisiana System
    The University of Louisiana System is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System as follows:
    (1) Grambling State University at Grambling.
    (2) Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
    (3) McNeese State University at Lake Charles.
    (4) Nicholls State University at Thibodaux.
    (5) Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches.
    (6) Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond.
    (7) The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
    (8) The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
    (9) The University of New Orleans.
    (10) Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
    Added by Acts 1975, No. 313, §2, eff. July 17, 1975. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 250, §1; Acts 1992, No. 341, §1, eff. July 1, 1992; Acts 1995, No. 45, §1, eff. June 8, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 634, §1, eff. June 20, 1995; Acts 1997, No. 33, §1, eff. May 29, 1997; Acts 1997, No. 1369, §1, eff. July 1, 1997; Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 151, §1, eff. July 1, 1999; Acts 2011, No. 419, §1, eff. July 12, 2011.

Now, for athletic branding purposes, you guys are LaTech or LT. The Universty of Louisiana at Monroe has chosen ULM. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has chosen UL. There's really no confusion but as I said, if you'll go with your legal name of Louisana Tech University at Ruston or LTU-R, I'll be more than happy to go with UL-L. Deal?

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

But you have been specifically prohibited from using UL without the other L or University of Louisiana without the Lafayette. Specifically prohibited. .

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    [URL="http://www.ulsystem.edu/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&nid=65&pnid=51&p id=33&fmid=0&catid=0&elid=0"]ULS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MEMORANDA[/e about than URL]
    NAME CHANGE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES (M-2)

As has been posted many times before. I believe somewhere on this board there is a helpful graphic detailing the many ways the ULL logos and wordmarks violate these policies (which have not been rescinded). We seem to keep having this argument about every 3 months.
    Who cares what they call themselves. We have more worries than that. One is supporting another son of a famous coach.

+ Reply to Thread