+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score Predictions against U-LoL

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Score Predictions against U-LoL

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    Ah okay, so you quote a LaTech source. Interesting. Here's what the Louisana legislature says your university's legal name is:

§3217. University of Louisiana System
    The University of Louisiana System is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System as follows:
    (1) Grambling State University at Grambling.
    (2) Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
    (3) McNeese State University at Lake Charles.
    (4) Nicholls State University at Thibodaux.
    (5) Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches.
    (6) Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond.
    (7) The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
    (8) The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
    (9) The University of New Orleans.
    (10) Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
    Added by Acts 1975, No. 313, §2, eff. July 17, 1975. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 250, §1; Acts 1992, No. 341, §1, eff. July 1, 1992; Acts 1995, No. 45, §1, eff. June 8, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 634, §1, eff. June 20, 1995; Acts 1997, No. 33, §1, eff. May 29, 1997; Acts 1997, No. 1369, §1, eff. July 1, 1997; Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 151, §1, eff. July 1, 1999; Acts 2011, No. 419, §1, eff. July 12, 2011.

Now, for athletic branding purposes, you guys are LaTech or LT. The Universty of Louisiana at Monroe has chosen ULM. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has chosen UL. There's really no confusion but as I said, if you'll go with your legal name of Louisana Tech University at Ruston or LTU-R, I'll be more than happy to go with UL-L. Deal?
    "at Ruston" I can grant, as this is a list of where the school is located. Right next to GSU-G, I see. Where are you getting LTU-R from again? Furthermore, the ULS Guidelines only require use of the geographic location as a distinguishing marker when "University of Louisiana" is part of the name. Since no similar requirement exists for, well, any schools but ULM and ULL, we appear to be exempt from this requirement. If you can find some documentation on all ULS schools being required to include geographic markers, I'd be interested to see it as I've not been able to find anything to that effect.

UL is the University of Louisville, stated many times. UL is prohibited from being used as the abbreviation for any ULS school. "ULM" is correct (that hurts my fingers to type!), UL does not exist.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1 View Post
    Who cares what they call themselves. We have more worries than that. One is supporting another son of a famous coach.
    Mostly because it grinds my gears to see blatant disregard of a reasonable law. But point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    But you have been specifically prohibited from using UL without the other L or University of Louisiana without the Lafayette. Specifically prohibited. .
    Yup.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm burnt out on the name argument. We are Louisiana Tech, no confusion anywhere we go. UL-L can put up whatever fight they want, but people will always confuse them with ULM, Louisville, Lafayette Leopards, Louisiana College, etc.

So back to football... Should be an interesting game. The Cajuns look strong at QB and RB. Fortunately we're strong at DB and DLine to counter. If we have a pulse on offense, we'll win. If not, I'll drink a lot of whiskey this year.

All institutions, whether or not their names are changed to the University of
    Louisiana designation, must use the wording “A Member of the University of
    Louisiana System” prominently on all stationery as well as on title pages of
    university/college catalogs, magazines, newspapers, and journals.

Okay, do you guys do this? It's the law. If not, it offends me and I demand that you start now.
    As far as I know, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog555 View Post
    I'm burnt out on the name argument. We are Louisiana Tech, no confusion anywhere we go. UL-L can put up whatever fight they want, but people will always confuse them with ULM, Louisville, Lafayette Leopards, Louisiana College, etc.

So back to football... Should be an interesting game. The Cajuns look strong at QB and RB. Fortunately we're strong at DB and DLine to counter. If we have a pulse on offense, we'll win. If not, I'll drink a lot of whiskey this year.
    If we win, I'll probably still drink a lot of whiskey

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog555 View Post

I agree that we should be strong at DB, but I'm not so sure about D-Line. While it was supposed to be our strength LAST YEAR as well, we kept getting bulldozed almost every game, and that masked the apparent weakness of our DB's last year. I would say that we are strong at RB and DB, decent at WR, Special Teams, and Linebackers, and suspect at O-line, QB, and D-line.

Ryan Higgins I'd be worried with starting again, and Sokol I hope can have an immediate impact and really gel with the receivers, maybe even getting 60% of his production from JuCo. Needless to say, we'll know that situation after the Auburn game for sure.

I believe that with Diaz replacing Cameron, this defense should be a much improved strenght from last year; at the very least it will be much more aggressive and we will hopefully see the run defense vastly improve...with that said, I just watched the Texas-BYU game from last year on Sunday and it wasn't pretty, but that was mostly because Diaz couldn't provide an answer to the QB-run, though it seemed to be from injuries.

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

The Cajuns will be better than La Tech at QB, RB, and OL on offense. While on defense the Cajuns will be better at DL and LB. Special teams will go to La Tech. Home field advantage will be huge, with good weather we will hit 42,365 or whatever random number that the Fire Marshall has set early this season.

The game will be closer than many expect on the Cajuns side due to the style of football we will play. We ran the ball last year like 60% of the time so we are not a very quick strike offense although we can score quickly gaining large chunks with the ground game. We are a no huddle offense that gets to the line quickly but we are not a hurry up offense.

As far as the majority of La Tech fans discounting the Cajuns, I understand that you guys are focused on what La Tech has done and are assuming that this is a flash in the pan deal for the Cajuns. I can assure you that we are doing things the right way, this isn't smoke and mirrors, we are building a foundation as a whole athletic department through the RCAF. It will soon be an entire separate entity just like the Tiger Athletic Foundation, which it was based off of. This community is just starting to get behind the hometown university and we are seeing it daily, with off the cuff improvements that are not included in the master plan.

I am not here trying to sell this program to La Tech fans, because honestly you guys will try to discredit anything that we do. But things are different here than what you guys used to know. We are no longer strangled by some old cryptic, scared of his own shadow president.

I will give a score prediction after week 1 when we see who is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    The Cajuns will be better than La Tech at QB, RB, and OL on offense. While on defense the Cajuns will be better at DL and LB. Special teams will go to La Tech. Home field advantage will be huge, with good weather we will hit 42,365 or whatever random number that the Fire Marshall has set early this season.

The game will be closer than many expect on the Cajuns side due to the style of football we will play. We ran the ball last year like 60% of the time so we are not a very quick strike offense although we can score quickly gaining large chunks with the ground game. We are a no huddle offense that gets to the line quickly but we are not a hurry up offense.

As far as the majority of La Tech fans discounting the Cajuns, I understand that you guys are focused on what La Tech has done and are assuming that this is a flash in the pan deal for the Cajuns. I can assure you that we are doing things the right way, this isn't smoke and mirrors, we are building a foundation as a whole athletic department through the RCAF. It will soon be an entire separate entity just like the Tiger Athletic Foundation, which it was based off of. This community is just starting to get behind the hometown university and we are seeing it daily, with off the cuff improvements that are not included in the master plan.

I am not here trying to sell this program to La Tech fans, because honestly you guys will try to discredit anything that we do. But things are different here than what you guys used to know. We are no longer strangled by some old cryptic, scared of his own shadow president.

I will give a score prediction after week 1 when we see who is healthy.
    Fair name analysis. But for God's sake, man, don't base anything you do off anything LSU does!

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Fair name analysis. But for God's sake, man, don't base anything you do off anything LSU does!
    I hate them more than any other state university combined! But aside from them consistently allowing criminals onto their athletic teams, LSU runs a very good athletic department. They were a horrible athletic department until the formation of the TAF. We have simply followed a proven path to success.

We are not trying to be LSU by any means, they have the worst, most uneducated fan base outside of West Virginia. Hell the majority of elite BCS programs have ignorant fans as a whole.

Once the RCAF is a completely separate entity we will really take off, this is going to happen within the next 18 months.

I hate them more than any other state university combined! But aside from them consistently allowing criminals onto their athletic teams, LSU runs a very good athletic department. They were a horrible athletic department until the formation of the TAF. We have simply followed a proven path to success.

We are not trying to be LSU by any means, they have the worst, most uneducated fan base outside of West Virginia. Hell the majority of elite BCS programs have ignorant fans as a whole.

Once the RCAF is a completely separate entity we will really take off, this is going to happen within the next 18 months.
    Maybe we can be friends after all

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Louisiana Tech - 46
    Louisiana - Lafayette - 33

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Ah okay, so you quote a LaTech source. Interesting. Here's what the Louisana legislature says your university's legal name is:

§3217. University of Louisiana System
    The University of Louisiana System is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System as follows:
    (1) Grambling State University at Grambling.
    (2) Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
    (3) McNeese State University at Lake Charles.
    (4) Nicholls State University at Thibodaux.
    (5) Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches.
    (6) Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond.
    (7) The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
    (8) The University of Louisiana at Monroe.
    (9) The University of New Orleans.
    (10) Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
    Added by Acts 1975, No. 313, §2, eff. July 17, 1975. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 250, §1; Acts 1992, No. 341, §1, eff. July 1, 1992; Acts 1995, No. 45, §1, eff. June 8, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 634, §1, eff. June 20, 1995; Acts 1997, No. 33, §1, eff. May 29, 1997; Acts 1997, No. 1369, §1, eff. July 1, 1997; Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 151, §1, eff. July 1, 1999; Acts 2011, No. 419, §1, eff. July 12, 2011.

Now, for athletic branding purposes, you guys are LaTech or LT. The Universty of Louisiana at Monroe has chosen ULM. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has chosen UL. There's really no confusion but as I said, if you'll go with your legal name of Louisana Tech University at Ruston or LTU-R, I'll be more than happy to go with UL-L. Deal?
    This post has been something of a peeve for me since it was posted. Reading comprehension can be difficult particularly for those who hope to find support for a weak position as the above post illustrates. Given a tendency on the part of some posters from the school in Lafayette to play fast and loose with laws, their legal interpretations and intent, I decided to put the B.S. inferrence that the name of our universary is something other than Louisiana Tech University to rest. To wit, the verbatim text of the act changing our name which was signed into law on that date by Governor John McKeithen:

Acts State of Louisiana
    Volume 1
    Regular Session 1970
    page 275
    ACT 102
    House Bill No. 226
    AN ACT to change the name of Louisiana Polytechnic Institute located at
    Ruston, Louisiana, to Louisiana Tech University
    Be it enacted by the Legislature of Louisiana:
    Section 1. The presently existing state institution of higher learning
    located at the city of Ruston, in the parish of Lincoln ,Louisiana,
    known as Louisiana Polytechnic Institute, shall be known as Louisiana
    Tech University and that institution shall hereafter in all instances be
    designated as such.
    Section 2.* All laws or parts of laws in conflict herewith are hereby
    repealed.
    Approved by the Governor: June 23, 1970.
    A true copy:
    WADE O. MARTIN, JR.
    Secretary of State
    ---------
    Stick to misrepresenting the name of your school.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

It will soon be an entire separate, fraudulent accountability shield for the corrupt administration to hide university debt obligations from public scrutiny, just like the Tiger Athletic Foundation, which it was based off of.
    fixed it for you.

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    This post has been something of a peeve for me since it was posted. Reading comprehension can be difficult particularly for those who hope to find support for a weak position as the above post illustrates. Given a tendency on the part of some posters from the school in Lafayette to play fast and loose with laws, their legal interpretations and intent, I decided to put the B.S. inferrence that the name of our universary is something other than Louisiana Tech University to rest. To wit, the verbatim text of the act changing our name which was signed into law on that date by Governor John McKeithen:

Acts State of Louisiana
    Volume 1
    Regular Session 1970
    page 275
    ACT 102
    House Bill No. 226
    AN ACT to change the name of Louisiana Polytechnic Institute located at
    Ruston, Louisiana, to Louisiana Tech University
    Be it enacted by the Legislature of Louisiana:
    Section 1. The presently existing state institution of higher learning
    located at the city of Ruston, in the parish of Lincoln ,Louisiana,
    known as Louisiana Polytechnic Institute, shall be known as Louisiana
    Tech University and that institution shall hereafter in all instances be
    designated as such.
    Section 2.* All laws or parts of laws in conflict herewith are hereby
    repealed.
    Approved by the Governor: June 23, 1970.
    A true copy:
    WADE O. MARTIN, JR.
    Secretary of State
    ---------
    Stick to misrepresenting the name of your school.
    You quote a legislative action from 1970. The laws, and hence the names of the universities within the system have been changed/updated since. I'm sorry that bothers you. The last date I see on the material I quoted is July 12, 2011. If you've got something subsequent and different, please present it, otherwise, accept the law.

Furthermore, I, or any private individual can refer to the university as UL.....I don't, but I could if I wanted and I'd not be breaking any laws. As posted elsewhere in this thread, the university and its official representatives, when using the term University of Louisiana MUST add the identifyer Lafayette or at Lafayette. They say they do, always, but we know they really don't.

But much as Louisiana Tech University athletic department has branded the Bulldogs as the LaTech Bulldogs or Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, the Cajun athletic department has branded the Ragin Cajuns as the LaLaff Ragin Cajuns.......NOT the gay Cajuns. There's nothing wrong with being called the gay Cajuns, because we are from Louisiana, and now many outlets call us just that.....Louisiana GAHY.

So you see, reading comprehension can be difficult, even for you guys, no?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Just show the act of the legislature where our name was changed to anything other than Louisiana Tech University. Hopefully you understand that simply referencing the location of any state run entity in a legislative act does not change its legal name. If you don't understand the significance I can't help you. Call a lawyer or legislator and maybe they can.

Branding is one thing and I understand its importance. The problem the other schools of Louisiana are having with your school is its clear effort to convey to the national media and general public that it is The University of Louisiana. No such single school exists.

+ Reply to Thread