+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Announces Several Major Changes

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Announces Several Major Changes

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs25 View Post

Lastly, we can't for one second think that we are "TOO GOOD" to play the Cajuns, I can understand ULM but give me a break. Embrace Reality....no go ahead and negative rep me again. Thanks in advance.
    ULL was Division I-A 10 years before we elevated ourselves.
    Last edited by BearDawg137; 08-19-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs25 View Post
    How can you not be excited about this game and potential future games. Easy drive for both fan bases, in-State recruiting battle, battle for pride in the state.

I love all the red dots I get for speaking the honest truth.

Lastly, we can't for one second think that we are "TOO GOOD" to play the Cajuns, I can understand ULM but give me a break. Embrace Reality....no go ahead and negative rep me again. Thanks in advance.
    You have red dots because you are talking out of your ***. Nobody has said we are "too good" to play the Cajuns. It helps THEM wayyy more than it helps us.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I can't even imagine anyone believing they are a "real rival." They will likely beat us this year because we will probably have a down year. Overall who cares- I just can't get excited about this match-up.
    In my thinking, USM is our 'natural rival' and is in the right conference, right beside us!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    True, ULL was Division I-A 10 years before we elevated ourselves.

LaLaff never chose to go down to 1AA when the NCAA created two divisions for Division 1. Was there a 10 year separation between us and them?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    LaLaff never chose to go down to 1AA when the NCAA created two divisions for Division 1. Was there a 10 year separation between us and them?
    I think 1978 was when 1-AA was established and we moved down. I could be wrong about the year, but I think it was the year following the back to back Indy Bowl appearances, one of which was attended by Gen Omar Bradley and John Wayne. I could be wrong about all of that too.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

True, ULL was Division I-A 10 years before we elevated ourselves.
    How's that? Tech was I-AA from 82-88, only 6 years... so not sure how they were their 10 years before us... They do beat us in the amount of time as a Junior College though

Tech
    1937-1951 No Classification
    1952-1972 NCAA College Division (Small College)
    1973-1974 NCAA Division II
    1975-1977 NCAA Division I
    1978-1981 NCAA Division I-A
    1982-1988 NCAA Division I-AA
    1989-20XX NCAA Division I-A

ULL
    1937-1962 NJCAA
    1963-1972 NCAA College Division (Small College)
    1973-1973 NCAA Division II
    1974-1977 NCAA Division I
    1978-20XX NCAA Division I-A

Funny BearDawg137, you didn't join/post until ULL stuff started getting posted, lean heavily toward ULL, and like to make generalized statements about how Tech fans view them that are not true...

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...tech/index.php
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...ette/index.php

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Funny BearDawg137, you didn't join/post until ULL stuff started getting posted, lean heavily toward ULL, and like to make generalized statements about how Tech fans view them that are not true...

I pegged BearDawg137 as a ULL troll as soon as he started posting, which is why he was and is back in red. No clue why some gave him green rep.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Thumbs Up Re: The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Announces Several Major Changes

To be honest, I was just looking at our wikipedia page, and it didn't have that bit from 1978-82. I first saw that ULL was an independent in the early 1980s when I was researching the 1984 season (believe me it surprised me to see that)...I knew that we didn't join until 1988, so I looked up both our and ULL's wikipedia page. Thank you for the links for next time though :icon_wink:

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

To be honest, I was just looking at our wikipedia page, and it didn't have that bit from 1978-82. I first saw that ULL was an independent in the early 1980s when I was researching the 1984 season (believe me it surprised me to see that)...I knew that we didn't join until 1988, so I looked up both our and ULL's wikipedia page. Thank you for the links for next time though :icon_wink:
    No problem, the data speaks for itself and College Football Data Warehouse has the unadulterated truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I pegged BearDawg137 as a ULL troll as soon as he started posting, which is why he was and is back in red. No clue why some gave him green rep.
    484049_10150965821378565_1787181450_n.jpg

I was the U as a student, and I'm currently an alumnus.
    Last edited by BearDawg137; 08-19-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

How's that? Tech was I-AA from 82-88, only 6 years... so not sure how they were their 10 years before us... They do beat us in the amount of time as a Junior College though

Tech
    1937-1951 No Classification
    1952-1972 NCAA College Division (Small College)
    1973-1974 NCAA Division II
    1975-1977 NCAA Division I
    1978-1981 NCAA Division I-A
    1982-1988 NCAA Division I-AA
    1989-20XX NCAA Division I-A

ULL
    1937-1962 NJCAA
    1963-1972 NCAA College Division (Small College)
    1973-1973 NCAA Division II
    1974-1977 NCAA Division I
    1978-20XX NCAA Division I-A

Like the links. My favorite one has to be http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data..._the_polls.php.

Also was interesting to see that ULL not only has allowed more points to Tech than any other team, but also has the highest point disparity in that same regard.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 11597

I was the U as a student, and I'm currently an alumni.
    alumnus, not alumni

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    alumnus, not alumni
    alumna?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How about Alum?

Puppy RedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRedDog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time RedDog's Avatar

Yeah, you're right.

+ Reply to Thread