+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A time to prove you are a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: A miserable time to be a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Tell 'em you'er a basketball fan.
    tell them we have over dozen players in NFL right now and we are getting great recruits. In a rebuilding process and future has potential. Also, remind them that neither Texas NFL team worth watching. Tell them about Dixon--tell them about our graduation rate and what we accomplish on a minimal budget and new facilities we will soon have. Tell them about Patton-White-Allen-Luke - our guys on Bears, Packers,Niners-Patriots etc. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF A TECH FAN!! we are awesome, i would not trade being Tech over any team in state -- with exception of LSU --all div 1 teams have been life loser except Tech (57% winner ), Football is here --I am prepared to be winner--I am prepared to be loser. Just want to see fire from players and effort on field. remember, to some degree players feed off crowd ( ask coach white about that)-- lets bring some fire as fans!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

That was meant to read with exection of LSU-we are only Div 1 team with lifetime winning record--other losers ( have no idea if thats true, Tulane may be but I like the way it reads) -- not meant to infer I would rather be LSU fan--as usual my post is confusing

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    tell them we have over dozen players in NFL right now and we are getting great recruits. In a rebuilding process and future has potential. Also, remind them that neither Texas NFL team worth watching. Tell them about Dixon--tell them about our graduation rate and what we accomplish on a minimal budget and new facilities we will soon have. Tell them about Patton-White-Allen-Luke - our guys on Bears, Packers,Niners-Patriots etc. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF A TECH FAN!! we are awesome, i would not trade being Tech over any team in state -- with exception of LSU --all div 1 teams have been life loser except Tech (57% winner ), Football is here --I am prepared to be winner--I am prepared to be loser. Just want to see fire from players and effort on field. remember, to some degree players feed off crowd ( ask coach white about that)-- lets bring some fire as fans!
    THIS is the right attitude to have going into the season.

Jonathan, Could we very easily stary the season out 0-4? 0-6? Absolutely. But for right now, stop with the negative nancy bull crap. I don't care if someone has "been a Tech fan my whole life," that is a TERRBILE attitude to have before the season even starts and you sound like a whiney child.

This is a brand new season, and WE ARE BULLDOGS, DAMMIT!

Puppy jonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nice

<br><br>

Love this!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Ouch!
    LOL
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanbowden View Post
    Maddawg, How much of the game did you actually watch? Honestly curious.
    I was at Malone Stadium last night.

Was there a game?

Not
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

2 years ago when we were having the season of a lifetime, I remember one person on here added an "eliTe" signature with the LaTech "T" to the end of his post. ARE YOU SERIOUS? We have 1 good season and you label our program ELITE?? What really ticked me off was that it was directly aimed at being the elite school in Louisiana. We may have been the best that year, but their is this saying about pride, something about it preceding something else...
    If you have a problem with my signature that I've had for about five years now, please put me on ignore or jump on the juco's bandwagon. My signature is not going away.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

I'm not going to go full Debbie Downer on the 2014 season. However, if we get depantsed tomorrow and lose handidly to ULL, a majority of the Tech fanbase will either: 1) become apathetic to Tech football; or 2) start passing the hat to purchase the www.fireskipholtz.com domain from the South Florida folks. The ULL game is the most important game of the season.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This is the type of poor timing and thread that gives BB&B a crapped rep.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This is the type of poor timing and thread that gives BB&B a crapped rep.
    Tyler, I like you a lot, but you couldn't be more wrong.

BBBs rep comes from what we DO. BBB has worked diligently to support student athletes and the band. We've purchased plane tickets and tuba covers. We've enabled children from MCH to attend Tech athletic events. We've been an athletics sponsor for years now. THAT is BBB.

Yes, it is true that tens of fans got disgruntled after the bowl fiasco and left BBB to go elsewhere. Their loss. Don't look at a post by a guy who had fewer than 20 posts when the day started and say it characterizes BBB...cause that ain't true.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy jonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nice

Tyler, Johnny, ITdrummer, Dogsince65, and everybody else on this thread, I GENUINELY appreciate this entire conversation!!

I think the fire has been stoked, and my attitude is now right. The intention of this post has now been met, and I hope the team and coaching staff all have a fire and fight for the season as well!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech - 578-437-39
    Tulane 502-609-38
    NLU 292-378-8
    USL 506-528-34

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Tech will always suck under Holtz. I would be shocked if they ever won 6 games under his guidance.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was able to catch the end of the ULM game, and though I grew up 1/2 way between Tech and ULM, I have NEVER rooted for them. In fact, one of my life goals was NOT to go to ULM, ha.

When I first saw the camo jerseys, I rolled my eyes and thought "oh brother...". But then, as much as I tried to fight it, I could help but be proud of their program, coming back from a 10 point halftime defect, with a stadium 3/4 full of passionate fans, become unstoppable on both sides of the ball vs a mid major opponent. They actually controlled the game the second half, and could have easily scored at the end.

And then I thought about other Louisiana programs that I normally consider "second rate" over the years, namely ULL. My wife and her entire large family grew up in Lafayette, but went to Tech with Me. NOBODY in the family even cares about ULL football, and yet I know they have a good chance at beating us this year.

Which brings me to my point – It's a miserable time to be a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan. I live in Austin (and have lived in los angeles, houston, and boulder previously), and regularly wear my LaTech hat, shirts, and shorts year round. It used to be a good point of conversation, but now people just laugh. Seriously! When people find out I'm from Louisiana, they always ask "oh your an LSU fan" to which I respond "no, LaTech!". This will not change!

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom, but to be realistic, this is the lowest point I have ever seen the program. I could honestly see us going 2-10, 1-11, or even winless this year.

Skip Holtz is the worst Div 1 coach I have ever witnessed. It could not be any more apparent that he is here simply for a pay check. And waiting on us to fire him to get two more years of free paychecks. I have nothing against the man personally, only with his professional role, which he is failing at miserably. And the biggest thing for me is not the wins or losses. It is his complete lack of passion, and how that trickles down to every other part of our program. I could sum it up with this quote:

"You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question after a man died, 'Did he have passion?"

Sadly, their is no fire in Skip, or in the entirety of our program. Skip needs to be fired, young blood (ie not a former coaches son working off the family name) needs to be brought in, and the FIGHT in LaTech needs to be brought back.

2 years ago when we were having the season of a lifetime, I remember one person on here added an "eliTe" signature with the LaTech "T" to the end of his post. ARE YOU SERIOUS? We have 1 good season and you label our program ELITE?? What really ticked me off was that it was directly aimed at being the elite school in Louisiana. We may have been the best that year, but their is this saying about pride, something about it preceding something else...

I hope we win every game this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't beat another Louisiana team this season. Get rid of the pride, bring back the fight.

I will always be a die hard Louisiana Tech fan, I just want to see some of my passion reflected in the actual program.
    Congratulations on your alma mater's win in Monroe last nite.

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Tyler, I like you a lot, but you couldn't be more wrong.

BBBs rep comes from what we DO. BBB has worked diligently to support student athletes and the band. We've purchased plane tickets and tuba covers. We've enabled children from MCH to attend Tech athletic events. We've been an athletics sponsor for years now. THAT is BBB.

Yes, it is true that tens of fans got disgruntled after the bowl fiasco and left BBB to go elsewhere. Their loss. Don't look at a post by a guy who had fewer than 20 posts when the day started and say it characterizes BBB...cause that ain't true.
    BBB Admin gets their feelings hurt and ban people too easily. If you are not a sunshine pumper around here, you get banned. I know several fans that hate this site and won't come back because of it. Your regular posters can harass others and you won't do jack to them. BBB should be more like Tigerdroppings. Thank God LSU believes in freedom of speech.

+ Reply to Thread