+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A time to prove you are a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A miserable time to be a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanbowden View Post
    Maddawg, How much of the game did you actually watch? Honestly curious.
    I watched the whole game. ULM won but certainly didn't play well offensively. The played well enough to win.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laman1978 View Post
    BBB Admin gets their feelings hurt and ban people too easily. If you are not a sunshine pumper around here, you get banned. I know several fans that hate this site and won't come back because of it. Your regular posters can harass others and you won't do jack to them. BBB should be more like Tigerdroppings. Thank God LSU believes in freedom of speech.
    Yep...all sunshine pumpers around here. If you and your friends prefer TigerDroppings, I doubt you'll be missed.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

ULM is doing everything they can with what they have to work with. Can you say that about our beloved LaTech? You are bleeding too much Tech blue from smoking Walter White's special blue meth if you believe that.

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yep...all sunshine pumpers around here. If you and your friends prefer TigerDroppings, I doubt you'll be missed.
    Not too much sunshine to pump into the football forum these days, is there? Instead of bashing ULM and ULL and downplaying their accomplishments, maybe Tech should try learning something from them. I honestly liked the camo uniforms that ULM wore last night. It sure beats the heck out of the AWFUL helmets that Tech plans to wear one game this season.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

ULM is doing everything they can with what they have to work with. Can you say that about our beloved LaTech? You are bleeding too much Tech blue from smoking Walter White's special blue meth if you believe that.
    Congratulations on your team's win last night. I know those don't come often at nlulm.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

BBB Admin gets their feelings hurt and ban people too easily. If you are not a sunshine pumper around here, you get banned. I know several fans that hate this site and won't come back because of it. Your regular posters can harass others and you won't do jack to them. BBB should be more like Tigerdroppings. Thank God LSU believes in freedom of speech.
    I call BS here. We rarely ban people and a lot of our regular posters wish we did. We let everyone say their peace (for better or worse). We don't edit posts (unless there is profanity).

What did you do to get banned from Saints report?
    La1978man
    Very Banned

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was able to catch the end of the ULM game, and though I grew up 1/2 way between Tech and ULM, I have NEVER rooted for them. In fact, one of my life goals was NOT to go to ULM, ha.

When I first saw the camo jerseys, I rolled my eyes and thought "oh brother...". But then, as much as I tried to fight it, I could help but be proud of their program, coming back from a 10 point halftime defect, with a stadium 3/4 full of passionate fans, become unstoppable on both sides of the ball vs a mid major opponent. They actually controlled the game the second half, and could have easily scored at the end.

And then I thought about other Louisiana programs that I normally consider "second rate" over the years, namely ULL. My wife and her entire large family grew up in Lafayette, but went to Tech with Me. NOBODY in the family even cares about ULL football, and yet I know they have a good chance at beating us this year.

Which brings me to my point – It's a miserable time to be a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan. I live in Austin (and have lived in los angeles, houston, and boulder previously), and regularly wear my LaTech hat, shirts, and shorts year round. It used to be a good point of conversation, but now people just laugh. Seriously! When people find out I'm from Louisiana, they always ask "oh your an LSU fan" to which I respond "no, LaTech!". This will not change!

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom, but to be realistic, this is the lowest point I have ever seen the program. I could honestly see us going 2-10, 1-11, or even winless this year.

Skip Holtz is the worst Div 1 coach I have ever witnessed. It could not be any more apparent that he is here simply for a pay check. And waiting on us to fire him to get two more years of free paychecks. I have nothing against the man personally, only with his professional role, which he is failing at miserably. And the biggest thing for me is not the wins or losses. It is his complete lack of passion, and how that trickles down to every other part of our program. I could sum it up with this quote:

"You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question after a man died, 'Did he have passion?"

Sadly, their is no fire in Skip, or in the entirety of our program. Skip needs to be fired, young blood (ie not a former coaches son working off the family name) needs to be brought in, and the FIGHT in LaTech needs to be brought back.

2 years ago when we were having the season of a lifetime, I remember one person on here added an "eliTe" signature with the LaTech "T" to the end of his post. ARE YOU SERIOUS? We have 1 good season and you label our program ELITE?? What really ticked me off was that it was directly aimed at being the elite school in Louisiana. We may have been the best that year, but their is this saying about pride, something about it preceding something else...

I hope we win every game this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't beat another Louisiana team this season. Get rid of the pride, bring back the fight.

I will always be a die hard Louisiana Tech fan, I just want to see some of my passion reflected in the actual program.
    Congratulations on your team's win last night. I know those don't come very often for nlulm fans like you.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Congratulations on your team's win last night. I know those don't come often at nlulm.
    EXACTLY! You proved my point, DONW. You are one of the regulars I was referring to. Whenever someone speaks up and has an opinion contrary to what the vast majority of sunshine pumpers on this forum believe, you immediately attack them and accuse them of not being a true Tech fan. I've been to hundreds of Tech games, and I despise the fans that drive the borderline fans away. That is money and support the university could use, and guys like you just can't break out of your comfort zone to see that.

EXACTLY! You proved my point, DONW. You are one of the regulars I was referring to. Whenever someone speaks up and has an opinion contrary to what the vast majority of sunshine pumpers on this forum believe, you immediately attack them and accuse them of not being a true Tech fan. I've been to hundreds of Tech games, and I despise the fans that drive the borderline fans away. That is money and support the university could use, and guys like you just can't break out of your comfort zone to see that.
    Why the anger just because I congratulated you on ulm's win?

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I call BS here. We rarely ban people and a lot of our regular posters wish we did. We let everyone say their peace (for better or worse). We don't edit posts (unless there is profanity).

What did you do to get banned from Saints report?
    There is no telling. I said plenty out of line on that site! I had just gotten out of the Marines and was very rough around the edges. So what? LOL You can get banned here for farting though. BBB shouldn't be banning anybody. Y'all need every poster you can get! It really has become a ghost town around here.

Puppy jonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nice

Laman1978 is just speaking the truth. Donw, you can be childish and smug if you want, but that doesn't negate true tech alumni and fans speaking the truth.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Reading through this entire thread is 8 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why the anger just because I congratulated you on ulm's win?
    Anger? What did you take from my post that led you to believe I am angry? I suppose if I were angry, it would be because ULL and ULM are both surpassing Tech's program in football currently with less to work with. It makes me sad though, not angry. I hope the new AD changes this.

Laman1978 is just speaking the truth. Donw, you can be childish and smug if you want, but that doesn't negate true tech alumni and fans speaking the truth.
    Thank you. I related with every single word of your original; post, btw. Tech needs more fans like us that actually want to move out of our comfort zone, take off the blue goggles and progress towards being a respected program.

How can you say it's childish to congratulate somebody on his school's win? That was a big win for nlulm, even if Wake Forest wasn't that good. Any time a school gets a win that's only had 1 winning season in 20 years, that's a big win to me.

+ Reply to Thread