+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A time to prove you are a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: A miserable time to be a Louisiana Tech Die Hard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Laman1978 View Post
    There is no telling. I said plenty out of line on that site! I had just gotten out of the Marines and was very rough around the edges. So what? LOL You can get banned here for farting though. BBB shouldn't be banning anybody. Y'all need every poster you can get! It really has become a ghost town around here.
    As I said, people don't get banned unless they use profanity. I think we have enough posters!'Bulldog Barks & Bytes' Statistics

Threads87,307Posts1,281,859Members47,195Active Members4,676

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanbowden View Post
    Laman1978 is just speaking the truth. Donw, you can be childish and smug if you want, but that doesn't negate true tech alumni and fans speaking the truth.
    Thank you! I agree 100% with your original post, btw. Too bad fans like DONW want to exist in their comfort zones and choose not to progress. It is fans like you and I that refuse to look at everything through red and blue glasses that Tech needs more of. Fans like DONW are just enablers of mediocrity and underachievement.

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    As I said, people don't get banned unless they use profanity. I think we have enough posters!'Bulldog Barks & Bytes' Statistics

Threads87,307Posts1,281,859Members47,195Active Members4,676
    Alright. I will man up and admit I could be wrong. It has certainly been dead around here LATELY though. I am not exactly a regular, but that is mainly because I get ran off for playing devil's advocate. I only try to be a realist. Tech needs to make some big changes, and it needs to start with the mindset of many Tech fans.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

There is no telling. I said plenty out of line on that site! I had just gotten out of the Marines and was very rough around the edges. So what? LOL You can get banned here for farting though. BBB shouldn't be banning anybody. Y'all need every poster you can get! It really has become a ghost town around here.
    It has?

So far, there's been 77 posts and counting to this silly thread since this morning.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Wait, you come to our sandbox and tell us how we should play/act... I could understand if this was ncaabbs, or we went over to that pathetic excuse of a Scout board ya'll have, but come here and tell me how I should react to the Haleys comet that is ULL/ULM football the past few seasons... please...

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How can you say it's childish to congratulate somebody on his school's win? That was a big win for nlulm, even if Wake Forest wasn't that good. Any time a school gets a win that's only had 1 winning season in 20 years, that's a big win to me.
    It WAS a big win, DONW. It hurts to see that, doesn't it? What if it had been our dogs that did it? I just as heck would love to see Tech get more home and home series with teams like Wake Forest. So they suck... who cares??? They won last year at Wake, and they beat them at home this year. They got Baylor to come to Monroe...etc. What has our admin done lately to get anyone of significance to come to Ruston? You can knock ULM's win all you want, but as I said, I am a realist. Tech is underachieving while ULM and ULL are maximizing the limited resources they have to work with. Instead of debating, all you can do is hide away in Conway behind your key board and make childish comments. It really is sad! LOL By the way, I am not a ULM alum. I graduated from LSU. Born and raised in north Louisiana though, and I have always loved my Dogs! That doesn't mean I don't HATE it when they are underachieving though.

Puppy jonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nice

Donw, you congratulated the wrong guy. I went to Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It has?

So far, there's been 77 posts and counting to this silly thread since this morning.
    Wow. Some of you are so nearsighted.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I was at Malone Stadium last night.

Was there a game?

Not
    What was the attendance? I never saw a pan of the crowd or when listening to Hoffman the attendance was never stated. Hoffman's announcing style grows more odd every year.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Wait, you come to our sandbox and tell us how we should play/act... I could understand if this was ncaabbs, or we went over to that pathetic excuse of a Scout board ya'll have, but come here and tell me how I should react to the Haleys comet that is ULL/ULM football the past few seasons... please...
    I sure wish Tech would jump on that comet. At least someone is shining other than LSU in Louisiana right now! Tech has sooooo much potential. I wish more Tech fans would realize that. Much of it starts with us as Tech fans being nice to other fans. That helps generate excitement, acceptance, and builds onto the fan base. The overall mentality of the fan base has a long way to go before seeing any significance though.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I would just like T1 to acknowledge that I've been labeled a sunshine pumper!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

I can verify JL has been doom and gloom since the day Holtz was announced.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    LOL, you must come to grips with it. You probably have an autographed pic of Holtz hanging on your wall.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

EXACTLY! You proved my point, DONW. You are one of the regulars I was referring to. Whenever someone speaks up and has an opinion contrary to what the vast majority of sunshine pumpers on this forum believe, you immediately attack them and accuse them of not being a true Tech fan. I've been to hundreds of Tech games, and I despise the fans that drive the borderline fans away. That is money and support the university could use, and guys like you just can't break out of your comfort zone to see that.
    I am the counterargument to your claims. I'm as doom-and-gloom as they get with the football team. I haven't been shunned, banned, ignored, talked down to, accused of being a lesser Tech fan, etc.

And you are the first I've seen ever say that it is a Tech fan that has driven away anyone from our program. Typically it is the product and lack of production and organization by Tech that is cited for people not caring and/or leaving.

Can you point to someone who has been banned that shouldn't have been? I have yet to see any banned posters that aren't spam, bots, etc. Our admins are pretty great and open about things around here.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anger? What did you take from my post that led you to believe I am angry? I suppose if I were angry, it would be because ULL and ULM are both surpassing Tech's program in football currently with less to work with. It makes me sad though, not angry. I hope the new AD changes this.
    That is simply not true.

+ Reply to Thread